Tips for preventing a leaking CE3/Phoenix BC Clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I bought a pack of CE3s from Discount Vapers and initially loved the vapor and taste. I also loved how easy the came apart and could be cleaned. But after a few days, I noticed leaking - onto the battery and through the mouthpiece. I became frustrated and went back to V2 Ego Visions - the long wick versions. I like AVE e-juice which is pure VG based, and thick. So wicking is always a problem unless I thin it with a little distilled water.

But after reading mutliple threads here, I found that I was stretching the top of the tube of the CE3 using a standard acrylic 510 drip tip, causing a leak in the upper silicone seal. This allowed air in and broke the vacuum that is normally formed. So I went back to the rubber drip tip that was supplied in the box, and have had no problems. I also trimmed the wicks flush with the bottom tube to get more juice into the atomizer. I have had good results since then.

div

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2010
So California
I have already refilled my first ce3 like 7-8 times, and haven't found the need to clean it yet. Vapes great, no leaks, liquid stays the same color (no sludge), flavor still comes thru just fine...shame it fills only 1ml though...thinking about the larger size got vapes has-phoenix, but out of stock. I really don't care for the feel of the drip tip that came with the ce3....it really bugs me, don't know why, but it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread