time between charges decreasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth operator

May 3, 2010
I just started vaping a few weeks ago. I'm using PureSmoke e-cigs. What I noticed is that the amount of time that it can go between charges is always decreasing. When I first charged it it didn't need to be charged until after a week, then it went down to 5 days, and kept going down, and now it's down to 3 days.

Has anyone else noticed this with their e-cigs? How often do you have to recharge yours?

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Batteries can wear down over time, however not usually this quickly. I would contact PureSmoker with the issue and see what they are able and willing to do. The other possibility, as already stated above, is that you are simply vaping much more than when you started. Another possibility is a short in your atomizer or atomizer connector on the battery is causing damage to the battery. This is rare, but can happen.

In either case, contact PureSmoker and see what they can do. They are good people! Good Luck and Happy Vaping!

Kirssstens

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Thodeepught
You will definately over time, need to replace your batteries, this is true for all ecigs, tho some last much longer than others.

My experiences include: 510 (180mah) charging every 30 minutes after 6 weeks and my eGo charging every 5-6 hours after one month so far.

Price individual batteries for your current ecig and calculate spending over time for replacements. Consider upgrading to a longer lasting battery comparable to pricing over time.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
I just started vaping a few weeks ago. I'm using PureSmoke e-cigs. What I noticed is that the amount of time that it can go between charges is always decreasing. When I first charged it it didn't need to be charged until after a week, then it went down to 5 days, and kept going down, and now it's down to 3 days.

Has anyone else noticed this with their e-cigs? How often do you have to recharge yours?

I actually find it so strange that you didn't have to charge a battery for a whole week. I am not familiar with your ecig, but all my batteries get charged about every 24 hours. Even when I get an ego, I am guessing I will probably be charging it every day or two.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
every single stock battery..and about 3/4 of the replaceable non proprietary batteries that we use have a lower max drain rate than the amp draw of the atty that we're using..
So every time we use them we're overstressing and damaging the battery which causes the battery's ability to hold and maintain a charge to decline..until it dies for good..

there's only a handful of batteries really that can handle it...and they're all larger mod batteries..

EDIT:
For example...A standard joye 510...Amp draw is about 1.35A...max drain rate on a standard battery .18A...
or a standard KR808D-1...amp draw 1.19A....max drain rate on a standard battery .28A
even the eGo....amp draw again 1.35A...max drain on battery .65A...

Last edited:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
/.../ Is the battery located in the atomizer? I'm about to buy some refills, and they come with a new atomizer, so that might solve the problem.

No, the battery is the long piece that you screw the atomizer into. It looks like a cigarette, and often has an LED on the end that you would light if it were tobacco. Also, just so we're on the same sheet of music here, you don't open that piece up to replace the battery; that IS the battery, and the whole thing is replaced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread