Throat swelling

TangerineTeen

Sep 18, 2023
More of a rant, but i rlly am concerned.

New to vaping, just started 'bout 1-2 weeks ago, can't tell how long its actually been bc school has been stressful. (its why i started vaping in the first place, i mean that and other stuff going on in my life.)

Noticed my throat would start swelling, at first i thought it was because i was sick but it would only really happen after i vape. Maybe i'm wrong and that it really IS because i'm sick (still hasn't gone away)(school has been a big pain in the ...)

I do have eczema but i forgot what type of eczema i was cursed to have. (Lost the doctors paper thing) (couldn't read it anyway) maybe its also why my throat swells? Nothing else swells tho, just my throat. Or maybe its the gosh darn menthol

Wow, i sound so negative haha.

It's a dispo, me and my boyfriend share so i dont have it on me everyday. I plan on stopping after the dispo dies or whatever's supposed to happen to dispos. I'll see if i get better after i stop vaping.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@TangerineTeen there's a couple of things to consider, all of them involving allergic response or sensitivity.

PG aka Propylene Glycol is well known to be an irritant, that's a component of the liquid and flavorings.

Seeing as you're sharing as well, there's the possibility of transfer of substances that can cause issues too. Also there's a risk of infection too.

But that's with Nicotine or 0% Nicotine vapes, if it's THC vapes it's somewhat different.

As with THC vapes are they genuine of bootleg, because if they're bootleg ones they need to be thrown away.

Reactions: TangerineTeen

TangerineTeen

Sep 18, 2023
@TangerineTeen there's a couple of things to consider, all of them involving allergic response or sensitivity.

PG aka Propylene Glycol is well known to be an irritant, that's a component of the liquid and flavorings.

Seeing as you're sharing as well, there's the possibility of transfer of substances that can cause issues too. Also there's a risk of infection too.

But that's with Nicotine or 0% Nicotine vapes, if it's THC vapes it's somewhat different.

As with THC vapes are they genuine of bootleg, because if they're bootleg ones they need to be thrown away.
I forgot to mention that it's an aegis vape and from what they've told me i can only assume its a good brand and my friend said that the nic % is 5. What's a THC?:')

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
No worries @TangerineTeen, it's a Nicotine vape then by the sounds of it.

THC are the cannabis derived vapes that are about.

5% seems kind of strong to me, as that's 50mg/ml. That will be pretty harsh, depending upon what atomiser/tank you're using.

So you may well need lower Nicotine levels for one, then also find out as well if liquid components are causing any issues too.

Like I've said, folks can be sensitive to flavorings. I myself can't vape anything with melon flavorings, as every time I end up with irritation that eventually leads to throat infection.

And when you get the opportunity pick up a small bottle of PG to test if that's causing issues, just add it to your atomiser and try vaping it then. If it causes problems you can just dump it out.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
It does take some time to find out what works for you @TangerineTeen, there's a fair amount to confuse you and way too many vape shops that'll sell you anything without asking even basic questions.

Me, I vape 3mg/ml DTL/RDTL (Direct To Lung/Restricted DTL). MTL (Mouth To Lung) just didn't suit me really and keep me off tobacco.

I use 70% VG (Vegetable Glycerin) liquid, 50-50 ends up giving me a scratchy throat. And over time I've gone into DIY fruit flavour liquids, saves some money, you've got more of an idea of what's in it and you can get the flavour and sweetener level to your liking.

Mod and atomiser that's getting the most use at the moment is an SXmini T Class with a Taifun GT V (5) clone RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomiser), rebuildable atomisers save more on money but can be "interesting" to work with. But as long as you've got wire and wicking you can vape as those things will always be available.

Users who are viewing this thread