Throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm not ready to give up on the 510 yet (only been using it 2 days), but I've come to the conclusion that a STEADY, good throat hit is a "must have" for me. It's non-negotiable. So far, the 510 is not doing it for me. It's far better using the drip method then filling carts, but it's still not good enough. Maybe it's the atomizer? I dunno. Anyway, how good is the throat hit with the VK? And is it consistent? I'm new to the world of e-cigs, so I'm not familiar with what would be natural limitations vs. product faultiness, if that makes sense? I don't like the fact that I get decent throat hit for the first 3-5 hits, but then it's hit or miss after that unless I drip more or top off. Is that a common issue for all e-cigs, or is this an atomizer problem, or is it a common 510 problem?

DanF

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
North of Houston
Speaking from very limited experience, the liquid(or carts) seem to make a big difference. In my VK, there are some carts that are pretty smooth(mild throat hit, french pipe is one) and some that almost choke me and I have to take smaller "hits" (RY4 - 24mg is one of them).
But to answer your question, so far the VK has been extremely consistent. If its strong, its strong all the way through, especially on the passthrough.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Blooper

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Vegas
been using the VK for 3 weeks and it is always consistent unless the battery in very low which takes a while and is usually never an issue especially with the PCC. USB pass = flawless consistency. Always get the throat hit and lung hit. You will find I think everyone who has purchased a VK will tell you the same thing. And in case of a defective unit or issue your having Steve (Smilin the owner) will always be there and hook you up.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
With my 510, I could get good throat hits for the first few draws, after that nothing! I would have to drip or top off the cart which I was doing all the time. My VaporKing just blows me away! When I was trying it out for comparison purposes, I took 15 consecutive hits and each was as good as the first! I had to stop at 15 only because I was afraid I'd start flying lol!

Primer puff, then sloooooly draw and fill your mouth, then inhale! Oh yeah - there it is! I'm in love! :hubba:

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I sure wish I could try it out for comparison purposes, but I don't know anyone who has one. I really scrimped to buy the 510 (times are hard here, which I'm sure is that way with lots of folks). Ah well.

I'm also seeing that it's not cartridge + atomizer, it's a cartomizer. Is that more cost effective, less cost effective, or about the same?

Thanks for the replies --I very much appreciate it!

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
I sure wish I could try it out for comparison purposes, but I don't know anyone who has one. I really scrimped to buy the 510 (times are hard here, which I'm sure is that way with lots of folks). Ah well.

I'm also seeing that it's not cartridge + atomizer, it's a cartomizer. Is that more cost effective, less cost effective, or about the same?

We have a sale kit, which includes 2 battery's, 6 cartomizers, and a wall charger(screw in)which is actually much less than the 510 to try. It is 39 bucks, and you can save another 10% by using our smilin code for the discount:p

Enjoy, and discover:D

Steve

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona

Well, I went through about 3 carts a day with the 510 - and even so, I was dripping, topping off the cart etc... to get a decent hit. Plus, the attys are a total pain in the .... as far as maintenence goes and so many varying opinions on how to get them to taste good - with none of them working for me.

The cartomizers on the other hand have a nice taste that you can actually taste! And the throat hit is very consistant. And they last a full day for me. They may cost a bit more if you even things out, but as far as maintenence, no comparison. To keep costs down, I will probably refill each cart a time or two before tossing. But even buying the prefilled is way cheaper then cigs!

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
We have a sale kit, which includes 2 battery's, 6 cartomizers, and a wall charger(screw in)which is actually much less than the 510 to try. It is 39 bucks, and you can save another 10% by using our smilin code for the discount:p

Enjoy, and discover:D

Steve

I am sorely, sorely tempted! LOL. Question: are the batteries for this kit manual or auto? I keep hearing bad things about the auto ones, but I'm not sure what to think.

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
I am sorely, sorely tempted! LOL. Question: are the batteries for this kit manual or auto? I keep hearing bad things about the auto ones, but I'm not sure what to think.

I am pretty sure the sale kit is on the auto's but Steve or Mark will surely correct me if I am wrong. Don't let that sway you though, I have recently ordered the manuals but only cuz I am a sucker for anything new. The autos I have are pretty fantastic and definitely consistent. They only stop drawing well when the battery is ready to be charged.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I am pretty sure the sale kit is on the auto's but Steve or Mark will surely correct me if I am wrong. Don't let that sway you though, I have recently ordered the manuals but only cuz I am a sucker for anything new. The autos I have are pretty fantastic and definitely consistent. They only stop drawing well when the battery is ready to be charged.

Vaper King auto batteries Rock! I ordered the manuals because I am the president of the "Keeping up with the PhoenixRisings Club", but these autos are awesome. It will be interesting to see how they compare! (Got the manual passthrough too Phoenix - niener niener niener :p)

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
Vaper King auto batteries Rock! I ordered the manuals because I am the president of the "Keeping up with the PhoenixRisings Club", but these autos are awesome. It will be interesting to see how they compare! (Got the manual passthrough too Phoenix - niener niener niener :p)

I see how it is - blaming me for your addiction and then rubbing salt in the wound. No worries, I am vaping on pineapple right now...what about you?:p

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
Okay, just to be clear: the VK has consistent throat hit and vapor production (if the battery is charged well) throughout the entire use of each cartomizer? Again, with my 510, I got NO throat hit 90% of the time using the cartridge. To get ANY hit off this thing, I have to use it with the filling removed from the cartridge and strictly use the drip method. That lasts me less than 1/2 hour before I have to drip again. I simply cannot deal with this high maintenence nonsense. I shouldn't have to rip the cartridge off every 30 minutes (although I'm thankful for a member telling me about the drip method, otherwise this wouldn't be working at ALL). I'm also, using the drip method, dealing with occasional flooding.

Can anyone tell me about Vapor4Life's return policy? I can't find anything on the website that spells it out for me.

Also, and this has nothing to do with VK, I'm wondering if I even HAVE a true Joye 510 and not some knockoff? I looked closer at the info it came with. It doesn't say a thing about Joye --it says "Tasty510".

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
He has a 45 day warranty I believe and if you have any issues at all he's always very accommodating and helpful.

I have the 510, 510 passthrough, 901 and now 3 Vk batteries + PCC and a passthrough on the way. I haven't even looked at my 510 to tell you the truth. Any flavors I thought were awesome in the 510, OMG, unbelievable in the VK. I don't know what it is but there's so much more flavor and throat hit with the exact same juices.

You won't be disappointed at all, promise, compared to a 510 this is way above and beyond IMO. Not a waste of money and very cheap, $40, for a start up kit to try :)

Oh, consistency, unless my battery is dying, and I mean about to die within the next 7 drags, I get the exact same throat hit and vapor production throughout and I am a very very heavy vaporer (is that a word? lol)

If I'm home I pop the end off and refill the cart, 2min process and lasts hours, if I'm out and about and lose my flavor because the carts going dry, I drip a few drops in the other end of the cartomizer and get about an hour out of it.

Nowhere NEAR the mess and fuss of a 510 or 901, totally worth the money and customer service is just WOW.

Go ahead and order the little kit and see for yourself :D

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Also, and this has nothing to do with VK, I'm wondering if I even HAVE a true Joye 510 and not some knockoff? I looked closer at the info it came with. It doesn't say a thing about Joye --it says "Tasty510".

I got a Titan 510. Same ecig, different distributor. And it was the same with me. The only time I got a good throat hit is when I topped off the cart and dripped on the atty. This is so much better! SO MUCH BETTER! A friend I had drinks with tonight who had been using my spare 510 for a week was blown away! She has one on the way...;)

I can't imagine anyone who is used to the 510 being disappointed. This thing is like dripping on a 510 without the dripping! It rocks! Even with 16mg cartomizers. Hits better then a 24 on a 510. And lasts more then twice what a 510 cart lasts. Whooo Hoooo :D

RyGuy

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Colorado
Okay, just to be clear: the VK has consistent throat hit and vapor production (if the battery is charged well) throughout the entire use of each cartomizer? Again, with my 510, I got NO throat hit 90% of the time using the cartridge. To get ANY hit off this thing, I have to use it with the filling removed from the cartridge and strictly use the drip method. That lasts me less than 1/2 hour before I have to drip again. I simply cannot deal with this high maintenence nonsense. I shouldn't have to rip the cartridge off every 30 minutes (although I'm thankful for a member telling me about the drip method, otherwise this wouldn't be working at ALL). I'm also, using the drip method, dealing with occasional flooding.

Can anyone tell me about Vapor4Life's return policy? I can't find anything on the website that spells it out for me.

Imagine if you were able to drip once or twice a day on your atty and have it hit long, strong and full of flavor all day long. That, my friend is what the VK is all about. I don't think that V4L really has to worry about a return policy, even though I'm pretty sure they do have one. Steve, the owner, is a really good guy. The way I see their return policy is this: AFTER A FEW GOOD HITS, YOU WILL NOT WANT TO RETURN IT!

Trust me, this thing rocks! No fuss, no muss. Just screw on a cart and puff your brains out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread