Throat Hit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just purchased my first e-cig last week to try it. I smoke menthol analog cigarettes. My first purchase was an X4 disposable menthol so I could try e-cigs before putting more money into it. I liked the X4 menthol, it was cool and smooth with a descent amount of vapor problem is it has no juice that I know of. So I purchased 2 other permenant kits V4L and Bloog. I received the V4L purchased sampler flavors and the smilin menthol. ALL the flavors tasted terrible and all of them had a throat hit to me that was way too strong for my liking. They are in 18mg nic level. What affects the throat hit is it the nicotine level or something else. I liked the smoothness of the disposable X4 but that is too expensive as a cigarette alternative. V4L is all I've tried so far as my Bloog kit has not come in the mail yet.:confused:

Reactions: 69CamaroSS

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi,
Welcome to ECF!
PG means more TH and VG more vapor. So you might want to try e liquid that has more VG. I think they also said the higher nicotine lvl it's also more harsh for your throat.

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I'm still trying to find a liquid I like so I can finally justify vaping as a 'less costly' way of smoking so far it is more expensive. LOL

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Some suppliers put PGA in their juices for throat hit. Also it's the nic and PG content. I don't like TH's so I lean towards 50/50 mix without anything else. You can always question the vendor prior to purchasing.

Who are some good vendors for menthol that have a cool refreshing taste without the harsh throat hit, if you know?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I haven't tried it, but the reviews on Backwoods Brew Menthol are positive and a couple of people mentioned that they had tried most everything out there and found BWB to be the one they like best.

Be aware that menthol in an Ecig might not taste exactly like a Kool or Salem. Some people find the tobacco ejuice they like best and then crush menthol crystals and dissolve them in PGA to add to the juice of their choice.

Use the search feature and try "best menthol". You'll get into some threads where people discuss this. You can also search within a thread after entering it. There's a clickable search at the top of each thread for that.

sunnyskyez

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi, I like V4L cartos Dunhall, its the closest to tobacco flav Ive come to. Im not grooving on Menthol. The 18mg seem fine to me, I was never a heavy smoker. the free V4L cartos I received tasted pretty bad also. I use both pg and vg. If the TH is to much on the 18 you should drop down to 11 or 8mg. I think the 11mg is a lot like MB Lights. Have a nice night. PS.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
I haven't tried it, but the reviews on Backwoods Brew Menthol are positive and a couple of people mentioned that they had tried most everything out there and found BWB to be the one they like best.

Be aware that menthol in an Ecig might not taste exactly like a Kool or Salem. Some people find the tobacco ejuice they like best and then crush menthol crystals and dissolve them in PGA to add to the juice of their choice.

Use the search feature and try "best menthol". You'll get into some threads where people discuss this. You can also search within a thread after entering it. There's a clickable search at the top of each thread for that.

I've got some Backwoods Brew aging on the shelf right now, Got it Friday. Was told I needed to let it steep for a week or so.

The thing I've noticed about the several menthols I've tried is that they are ONLY menthol , not tobacco + menthol. I feel like I've been vaping Tic Tacs for the last week. I think the answer ( for me, anyway) is to find a tolerable tobacco and add some menthol to that.
V4L sent me a free 5ml bottle of Hilton (medium nicotine). I've been adding a few drops of that to all the menthol I have. It's not bad.
I found V4L's Smiln Special menthol not bad but the stongest I have is 11mg nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread