Throat hit alternatives to nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ca
I'm trying to finally take nicotine out of my juices and break the habit of needing to vape/smoke. I know that nicotine gives a good throat hit on e-liquids and it makes it hard to quit vaping with nicotine because when the throat hit is gone and it feels like a big part of the sensation is just missing. Is there anything else I could add to my e-liquids to simulate that throat hit?

And on a side note, does capsicum simulate a good throat hit? On DIY supplies from mtbakervapor they claim you can add it for throat hit. Does anyone have confirmation as to whether or not it works nicely?

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
I have no personal experience, but one e-cig poster said he used 1% Jalapeno juice for throat hit. While I wouldn't try personally, I don't believe he was kidding. A quick search should find his post...

Koolada is supposed to provide menthol "experience" without menthol taste. Potentially seems this could push some flavors/sensations to the back of the mouth/throat. I tried at 0.5% but wasn't detectable -- going to try at 1% next.

Been feeling under the weather and dropped precipitously from 12mg/ml to 3mg a few days back -- with surprisingly little apparent trouble. And just quit a 30 year pack-a-day habit in October at 18mg. Think I'll try to stay around this level. Wonder what I'll do with the purchased nicotine? Not such a bad problem in the larger scheme of life... Good luck.

Last edited:

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
I am having this problem as well. I have gotten myself down to 6 mg but find 0 mg very unsatisfying. It's not only the throat hit but the flavor also seems muted. I don't DIY so I'm pretty much at a stalemate.

I'll take it though. From reading, the 6 mg is pretty darned low, and very, very much better than smoking. If I never give up nic at this level, I'll still be miles ahead of my Marlboro days.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I can vouch for cinnamon, pepper and Koolada providing it. You can get all of them from DIY vendors. Mr. E Liquids makes a juice called Red Rider that has jabanero pepper in it. Its in the signature tobaccos section and is good but I don't taste any tobacco in it and use it added to other juices to provide a kick. All of these except Koolada can irritate if over used and that includes stomachs if they're sensitive. Koolada is really kind of a misnomer. People think menthol or mint reading the name but it has no flavor at all so is nothing like menthol. As for a "cooling sensation" I don't get that with it either. What I get is a lot of TH and a killer one if just a little too much is used. I'm talking start with one drop per 10mls, let sit a day and if that's not enough TH add only one more drop to the bottle at a time letting it sit a day between. A little goes a really long way and adding too much can ruin a juice unless you can stand that much TH.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
I vape zero nic, hazelnut, strawberry or blackberry flavoured , with a hint of Diablo loco (which is a capsicum) it is seriously strong stuff though, when making my diy in a 30mil bottle I dip a plastic tooth pic/cocktail stick into the diablo loco and let the drips run off 'before' dipping it into my 30mil bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread