Status
Not open for further replies.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
When I post to a thread I am automatically subscribed to that thread.
I know this because I get the usual email when there's a new post in that thread and it's listed in my subscription list in my Control Panel.

However, when I'm viewing a thread I'm subscribed to and click on "Thread Tools" I only see "Subscribe to this Thread" not the "Unsubscribe from this Thread" like I see in other forums that use the vBulletin software. The only way I can unsubscribe is through List Subscriptions in my Control Panel.

When I am already subscribed to a thread, shouldn't I be able to "Unsubscribe" via the "Thread Tools" link?

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Sorry I forgot to check back on this... I searched around my UserCP and took a gander.. this is what I found

go to UserCp

look down the menu on the side "subscriptons" click list subscriptions

you will see all of your subscribed threads with little check boxes to the side of them... check the ones you want to unsubscibe to

go to the bottom of that page

you will see a dropdown "selected threads" select "delete subscription" click "go"

you have other options as well for subscription management...

Hope this helped.. and again sorry for the late follow up

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Yep, that's what I have to do to unsubscribe.

Having to do it this way creates the problem that when I'm reading a thread and decide I want to unsubscribe I have to do what you said and by then I've forgotten the title of the thread I want to unsubscribe from. :(

Still, I don't understand why I'm not able to unsubscribe from a thread in "Thread Tools" like I can on every other forum I belong to that uses this same format.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I am still unsure about that as well... BUT I remembered this thread and another quick way to unsubscribe

if you click on one of your subscribed threads that popped up in your USERCP and discover,after doing so, that you don't want to be subscribed anymore ....

just click the back button, which should return you to the "OLD" view of your usercp.. where the same thread will still be showing... at THAT point you still can unsubscribe

hope that helps

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
My problem is I like to be able to subscribe/unsubscribe to/from a thread while I'm viewing it (I thought that's what the link it the "Thread Tools" was for).

Anyway, when I want to unsubscribe from a thread I'll click on "Thread Tools - Subscribe to this Thread" and on the next page select "No email notification". This will stop any email notifications for that thread.

Then every couple of weeks I'll go to "Quick Links - Subscribed Threads". On that page I can see all the threads I've subscribed to and the type of notifications for each. If there are any with "None" I put a check in the box next to it.

When I've gone through all of my Subscribed Threads I'll then go down to "Selected Threads:" and select "Delete Subscriptions" and "Go" and they are removed from the list.

At least now I can make a decision while I'm still viewing the thread whether or not I want to be subscribed to it without having to go to my "Subscribed Threads" list and then search for the thread title. That was really a PITA...

This procedure is working well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread