This is IT!!! SmartCarts, Blue Foam, 510 Atomizer and an EGO Battery - The Best Way to Vape !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my SmartCarts from GotVapes GotVapes SmartCart 2.0 - .9ml ClearTube Cart for 510 Atomizers [gotvapes-510smartcart1ml] - $4.99 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more 2 days ago, and immidiately swapped out the filler with a small plug of blue foam and plugged it into a brand new 510 Atomizer with my EGO battery and cone. 48 hours later after 2 days of vaping perfection I am so happy! nice beautiful clouds of vapor with no liquid in my mouth and each time consistant vaping until the SmartCart is empty. This is GREAT! The only small complaint and it might be a good thing to some is that the SmartCart (at least on the atomizer I was using) fits very tight and at least at first it takes quite a tug to pull it off the atomizer for filling. I bought 2 five packs of SmartCarts for $5 each and as they are refillable with both liquid and blue foam this is quite economical especially if you have mastered a good technique for cleaning and maintaing your 510 atomizers. I'd like to hear from other SmartCart users to see if you are as thrilled with this product as I am. And I highly reccomend this combination of vaping to anyone that has not tried it!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Ive been using them for over a month now Chris sent me some when he first got them and I posted about modding them wiht the blue foam back then, the only problem I'm having with these is the inconsistency liquid flow through the blue foam even, I tried the filler that comes with them, cutting it modding it to all sorts of different sizes, then went immediately to the blue foam which brought back memories from 2 years ago or so, then have been cutting different sizes of the blue foam and still cant get it to consistently work right, I get one good fill then it doesn't work the same and I'm constantly playing with the plug so I through them back in the draw for now and back to my VV Ali'i, Reo Grand, and Provari w/vapemate for now, I like using egos when in the run and out and about but the best way still is dripping with a drip tip (pyrex) with LR Atty. Just my 2c

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
I've modded with blue foam and used stock filler.

They drain way too fast. I'm lucky to get an hour out of a full cart. I'll use 'em if all my eGo-T atties die, but 'eh.... no thanks. If I wanted to keep refilling often I'd be dripping.

Also have had two now with the bridge breaking off, and having to replace it with a cut toothpick.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
When you say they "drain fast" is that leaking or just turning the .9mL juice into vapor?
The more vapor, the more juice used, would make sense and should ??? increase the flavor.

I figure on trying some, just as soon as I can justify making up another order........
6-9 months worth of supplies in my stash is killing my buying habits. :-(

I guess you do have to fill them pretty often but I think it's just because liquid turns to vapor and you get plenty of vapor. But one fill will last one trip across town and back and I might have to fill one as much as twice while watching a movie if I vape a lot. The main thing for me is that after you get the blue foam filling cut to your liking it works great and that little piece of blue foam last a long time.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
You all need to try the (510 clear tank cartridge), from( Breezesmokes.) look in the carts and cartomizers area on the site. These go in and out of the 510 attys better than the smart carts. Holds more juice and has a neat little removable cup with a small amount of filler material in it that pops off , then you can fill the cart with a bottle or what ever and pop the little cup back on and your good to go. I really like mine and you can replace the filler with blue foam, if you want for thicker juice.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
hey texanandproud.

I also just got my SmartCarts yesterday and have been happily vaping. So far so good. The only oops was when I cut the blule foam a little too much and did not seal very well. From filling to the amount of vapor and flavor, I'm happy with these.

Was dead set on getting the Ego-T, but then again, that has its own problems. I see myself staying with the SmartCarts if they hold up. Maybe will just get the Riva 510 for longer battery life and LR atty.

Been vaping 100% VG but will test tonight with 70/30 PG/VG mix from BWB. I think foam size need to be adjusted based on liquid viscosity.

I can carry at least 4 tanks in my PCC (6 if I choose to) so that should be enough for an entire day.

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
My smart carts cracked within a few minutes and Im sure if you look close at yours they are cracked as well, they would wick half the time, if I draw to hard it starts to drain the tank until its dry, the plastic bridge breaks free if you look at it funny and the fit is waaay too tight.

Overall it was an epic fail, there is a vid on youtube showing them and the guys tank decide to start draining in the middle of his review, exactly my experience.

Neon

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Neon, That is the same thing that happened to me with the smart carts. I am now using the 510 clear tank cartridges (from Breezesmokes)and they work alot better and hold more juice. See my thread above -- wyojoe

meems--Blue foam can be purchasted at pet stores in fish supplies. It is called Marineland bonded foam sleeve (Rite-size U foam sleeve)

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
When you say they "drain fast" is that leaking or just turning the .9mL juice into vapor?
The more vapor, the more juice used, would make sense and should ??? increase the flavor.

I figure on trying some, just as soon as I can justify making up another order........

I was getting ready to ask the same thing. I've been using them for a couple of weeks with the stock filler and no issues at all. Not one dry hit and for me the unmodified stock filler is performing great. I get a couple of hours of heavy vaping on a fill. It's usually more like 4 hours though if I'm not at my computer puffing away.

With the people that say they are draining to fast, is it flooding? If it's not leaking it has to be going somewhere, more vapor?

One thing I noticed oh the very first fill when the filler isn't already soaked and using a freshly cleaned dry atty it that tank did seem to empty rapidly but never flooded or leaked so I'm guessing it just had to get everything wet. When I refill and the filler and atty are already wet the tank last much longer.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
hey texanandproud.

Been vaping 100% VG but will test tonight with 70/30 PG/VG mix from BWB. I think foam size need to be adjusted based on liquid viscosity.

I can carry at least 4 tanks in my PCC (6 if I choose to) so that should be enough for an entire day.

Give it a go first on each with the stock filler unless you just want to modify it for some reason. I've used 100% VG, 80/20 and 50/50 PG/VG mix with it stock and all worked great. No wicking, flooding or leaking issues. I always line the bridge up with the opening so it doesn't bind somehow and haven't had any problems.

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States

By drain fast I mean I turn that .9ml into vapor extremely quickly. I never had leaks or flooding.

I decided to go with one last night before bed because I usually get more flavor and vapor out of these than the eGo-Ts and my taste buds are kinda bleh at the moment. I vaped half a tank empty and never tasted anything or got any throat hit, same juice in the -Ts gave me TH and flavor.... odd.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY

I hear you there !!! I'm still working on catching up to breaking even although that's due in large part to the fact that I did decided to build a stash so nothing could interrupt my ability to vape for a good long time and I dont' regret that decision. I could happily vape for a long time on the stash I have but since I need to order very little anymore nothing wrong with trying out something new once in a while either so I decided to try out the 510 tank cartridges first and we'll see how I like those. IF I do then I'll add a few more and if not I'll give a package of the SmartCarts a try. Of coarse my justification for the Infinity I ordered this morning was that I went on a 3 week vacation and missed my 5 VT PT I didn't take so I decided I needed either a 5 VT or VV mod and the VV mod won because of all the options it will give. New toys are always fun no matter how many we already have !! LOL

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
By drain fast I mean I turn that .9ml into vapor extremely quickly. I never had leaks or flooding.
.....because I usually get more flavor and vapor out of these than the eGo-Ts .....

This is encouraging to hear, I have no problem with using a lot of juice so long as it's going up in
vapor and not down my arm. :vapor:

With a little blue foam magic, they may wick fast enough for a LR atty at 3.7v+, I can drip but
if there's an easier way, I'm all for easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread