thinking of getting a yihi to complement my dna.. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
thanks for links, don't like the vapedroid looks. I have to be honest, i have always loved red and i care about looks, and for me, the mini q ferrari red with aluminium inserts is the best looking red mod in every way, that i have ever seen (just imo)!

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
the key for the dna75 rev 2, will be if the firmware can be updated on macs without escribe. Critical.
the functions are much improved, good video.. the only dna75 i'll be closely watching is the hcigar vt75c :) the form factor and looks are right up my alley, plus, 80 bucks not 220 like vapedroid (and he says it's low!)

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Just had to ask, how are you with building your own mod?
This is a mod I made my self, it has a 3D printed body & an SX350J V2 chip.
It's a dual 18650, very solidly printed enclosure :)
Thats it on the right beside a Boxer Type DNA133 also dual 18650 :)
Notice there is a Supreme + on it at 30mm :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Just had to ask, how are you with building your own mod?
This is a mod I made my self, it has a 3D printed body & an SX350J V2 chip.
It's a dual 18650, very solidly printed enclosure :)
Thats it on the right beside a Boxer Type DNA133 also dual 18650 :)
Notice there is a Supreme + on it at 30mm :)

Really nice work!

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Really nice work!

It's really quite easy build, With an SX Chip there are very few wires to solder :)
The enclosure is on Shapeways for a very reasonable price!
VT sells the switch & 510 & digikey has the battery contacts
All in maybe 125$ very reasonable. Lets face it from the 350J V2 to the newest Yihi chip there is little difference in performance.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's really quite easy build, With an SX Chip there are very few wires to solder :)
The enclosure is on Shapeways for a very reasonable price!
VT sells the switch & 510 & digikey has the battery contacts
All in maybe 125$ very reasonable. Lets face it from the 350J V2 to the newest Yihi chip there is little difference in performance.

Excuse my senior moment here, but didn't you post something about printing out a custom faceplate to accommodate something like the new DNA 75c board?

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Great to see custom work! Heck, i don't even build my own coils. Just to put this out there and assure you this is final.. i will never build my own mod (unfortunately). I just do NOT have the hands for it, and i'd literally have to sit over a work table for hours.. which my back couldn't do ;)
Cheers

Edit just realised the custom box is the purple one.. That's hot! Such a cool colour!

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Ok.. well plenty of time using it every single day.. and I have to say to the nayers.. the G class is fantastic! Look we are all so different, for example, Jai Haze gives it like a 3 out of 10 lol, where as to me, compared to every device I have, it's a 9. The premium feel, the joystick becoming so intuitive after a while...as far as the battery door, i am very careful and gentle on these things cause I don't trust any mods with sprung doors.. However I decided I will charge the batts in the device and once every 2 weeks I will take them out and charge them on the nitecore. Simple. I am not feeling the PWM in temp mode. I haven't bothered with the app or any possible firmware updates yet.. I love that you can access temp and joules in 1 second with the joystick unlike the menu diving of Q class and Q mini (although you can of course use the app with the latest q mini).Tons of wallpapers, easy mod to use, perfectly tactile fire button, fast ramp up.. power curves.. it's all there.. But special mention goes to the massive 510.. although Daniel did say that there was supposed to be a beauty cup for smaller atty's like 22's, but mine didn't have one with it. No idea whether it was supposed to.
Most expensive mod I have ever bought and the first time I am not disappointed, like I was with the DNA250 and pretty much all expensive devices thus far. I can't really fault it yet.. it's just so quick and simple to use.. and I am glad i ended up getting it over the Q mini (the only reason being that the Q mini wasn't in stock!).. i still think the red q mini with metal stripe is the hottest looking mod on the market, and i still lust for it, but the G was a very very good purchase. I also like that is has a year warranty, unlike smok and the rest of them.
No regrets here, and I had no idea what to expect.. and after seeing Daniel's TC PWM charts i was really concerned i'd hate the tc mode but i'm honestly happy as i am not feeling any pulsing.
9/10, highest rating i've ever given a device.

My other high ends

Think vape Finder DNA 250 - 5/10 (need for escribe, no mac version, pathetic presets that aren't that well calibrated, sticky buttons), and lost vape epetite dna 60 (abalone version) - 6/10 (moving battery cover, really horrible mushy buttons, yet the plus button clicks and the minus doesn't, at all, again, for best use needs escribe).
Evolv is behind until they get smartphone apps out there (especially for ios since there is no mac escribe) and more direct customisability. I am sure the DNA75C will be spectacular, but i'd like to see DNA250C and so on.
If the yihi was a bad vape i would say so, but for me it's just not. Also the 510 pin has picked up everything i have thrown at it, even the joyetech ornate which never gets picked up by any mod other than joyetech or wismec, cause the 510 pin is so short (tiniest i have seen). 200 watts on the yihi with 2 HB6 feels like 200 watts.
great device.
Any issues arise i will say here, but let's hope not. In the meantime, i can recommend this device with a clean conscience if you feel like splashing out for a high ender. For the tweakers, the DNA 250 will of course still be a deeper mod, and when if ever, it gets a big screen, i am sure it will be the next greatest thing. For now, i'm yihi! YAY!

Excellent thread here! Thanks to everyone who took the time for the detailed posts! Just wish I had seen it before, it would have made my decision easier... lol! Already posted what it below in the general G Class thread but also relevant here, with a few more details added.

My mod history is much simpler than most here, the early basic stuff, including the Provari 2.5 in gunmetal, then Vaporshark RDNA 30 and 40. But then after getting the earlier iStick 30 or something followed by the eVic VTC minis that went to 75 watts, I stopped buying " higher end" mods. Did get a Wismec Presa over a year ago which has surprisingly been great and still works like it should. So for a long time the three VTC minis and the presa all with Crown tanks was my set up...
Then with the Crown iii getting great reviews, I went back to looking at the new stuff available...handled all the mods available at a couple of local retailers and the Yihis impressed me... So much that I got got two Q minis. Also ended up getting a Lost Vape Skar DNA 75 (was a great deal that I could not refuse...). but kept thinking of the G Class, which I did not get due to the battery door, light up back & joystick. But in my hand at least the G had felt better...more compact...and comfortable...

Some repetition below as that is what I posted in the G class thread:

So about 10 days ago, went and purchased a G class, although i was skeptical about the joystick & battery door, the ergonomics appealed to me. Although the Q mini also feels great, seems like I can wrap my hand around the G just a bit better. Also the light up "SX mini" I thought was unnecessary, but while the device is in hand while vaping it gets covered, and seems like with the software update you can turn it off (have not updated so far).

Also, I already had a Q Mini and was impressed, and compared to my DNA 75 Lost Vape Skar, I preferred the Q Mini, most of all the ability to access settings on the device and through the app.

Felt like I "needed" another mod, choice was to get a cheaper beater mod or the G. However, every other mod seemed to have significant compromises. So, after much consideration and handling the G class a couple of times at the shops, i decided to go ahead and get one.
Very happy with it so far. Took a little getting used to the CF and gun metal look and have really started to like it. The joystick also took some getting used to, but I find myself using the app more to change settings. Using a Vapesox pouch for carry, I have to make sure to lock the device when putting away, otherwise the joystick changes stuff... The fire button feel, size & location is excellent.
So far very happy with the Yihis, the build quality is excellent and I've heard their CS is decent... Now let's see how these hold up over time...

(Apologies for the unnecessarily long post...lol)

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Around June 10th the latest firmware will be officially released. You'll want to upgrade for the niceties and fixes. Enjoy your G!
is there a hyper emoji? Cool, i will wait, no need to upgrade to the highest one now in the interim then.. (i'm on the ship version which is the second version.. the one just before the current latest.. works fine).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread