they do have a mind of their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
I have an njoy, a pen-style from e-cig, a pen style from dealextreme and an semi-automatic cigar from dealextreme.

They all work sporadically. The e-cigar is now dead. One battery for the pen-style from dealextreme did not work at first, now it does. One njoy battery lights up by itself. One battery from e-cig just died. I'm really getting frustrated at each puff, not knowing what to expect. When will they come up with a model that works great AND consistently. I'll be ordering the USB I guess. I'm tired of spending money (even though I'm sure I've saved from smoking really cigs). Sorry, just venting.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Hi...I know how you feel....the tech point of these devices at the moment is still at infancy stage...you'll get the sporadic performance and a lot of failure that will lead to frustrations...I think all of us here also felt the same and hoping the tech point will advanced and gave us more reliable devices...don't gave up yet...you can try out the e-cig USB..it is the most promising one so far(unless you get another faulty one :oops: )..
The njoy battery lights up on it's own due to a faulty vacuum switch..you can try resetting it by inserting a straightened Paper clip...gently push slightly deeper but not to poke thru the diaphragm..sometimes debris do get stuck inside causing it to "on" the Led light....as for the e-cig battery..it is a lower quality battery and you can't do much except try what you will do for the Njoy battery(or you can keep it as a souvenir :x ..I'll dissect it to find out more...just curious :p ).

Well anyway..hang in there Bud...and good luck... ;)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Your venting is understandable. I think many of us -- perhaps a majority -- share the same frustrations. I never know which of my devices -- mini cig, cigar or pipe -- will work best, or at all, on any given day. It has nothing to do with battery charge or cartridge fluid, either. They just sometimes don't work right!

It is immensely frustrating and will drive away many who will test e-smoking and give up for the fail-safe utility of a tobacco cigarette.

Despite their sophistication as electronic devices, in many respects these are still toys under development.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
It's not the end of the world. Given a chance, these things will get better and better. And you'll use them again. Many researchers think this is the future of smoking, no ifs, ands or buts. So enjoy a few real cigarettes while the elves in China improve this product. Try some Oliver Twist tobacco bits, Stonewall hard snuff or Swedish snus to stay off cigarettes while your e-devices evolve.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
For the most part, I order my stuff online. Oliver Twist consists of tiny hard tobacco pieces that release nicotine into the mouth. Stonewalls are pressed powdered, flavored Virginia tobacco bits (I like the Java flavor). Snus can be ordered from http://www.northerner.com or http://www.buysnus.com. Start with the mini, dry pouches. No loose. No regular. No strong. I like CatchDry, Wise and Mocca Pomegranate. You probably don't have Stonewalls, since that's a purely American product from Star Scientific. You might be able to order from http://www.hardsnuff.com. I use all of these daily, in addition to e-smoking. None by itself leaves me with any sense of satisfaction on Day 279 without smoking a cigarette.

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
Now, NONE of them work. I now only have one NJOY battery that works. Jim is sending me another one. I had a bad atomizer from NJOY, Jim sent me another one, by the time it arrived I had revived the bad one. I figured, bonus, I now have 2 NJOY atomizers and 1 e-cig atomizer. I also had a dealextreme e-cigar, that one died. Now ALL of them are dead. I sent an order for a USB cable and car charger asking that they send me an extra atomizer for the one that is broken, but my VISA would not go thru. So I used my mastercard but forgot to add in the comments section not to forget to send me the atomizer on warranty. So now I'm going to have a USB cable with no atomizer to use it with. I have 100ml of e-liquid that will only be good to look at. Shipping from Njoy takes about 4 weeks to here in Canada, unless I pay 50$!!!!!! I am so p*ssed off!!!!! My only hope is that the extra voltage from the USB will somehow "revive" at least one of my atomizers. If not, well, I'll have to ask Njoy for STILL another atomizer and order more stuff from e-cig to get my warranty atomizer. Bummer!!!!

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
accordeur said:
Now, NONE of them work. I now only have one NJOY battery that works. Jim is sending me another one. I had a bad atomizer from NJOY, Jim sent me another one, by the time it arrived I had revived the bad one. I figured, bonus, I now have 2 NJOY atomizers and 1 e-cig atomizer. I also had a dealextreme e-cigar, that one died. Now ALL of them are dead. I sent an order for a USB cable and car charger asking that they send me an extra atomizer for the one that is broken, but my VISA would not go thru. So I used my mastercard but forgot to add in the comments section not to forget to send me the atomizer on warranty. So now I'm going to have a USB cable with no atomizer to use it with. I have 100ml of e-liquid that will only be good to look at. Shipping from Njoy takes about 4 weeks to here in Canada, unless I pay 50$!!!!!! I am so p*ssed off!!!!! My only hope is that the extra voltage from the USB will somehow "revive" at least one of my atomizers. If not, well, I'll have to ask Njoy for STILL another atomizer and order more stuff from e-cig to get my warranty atomizer. Bummer!!!!

I wish I could help..so sorry that you are not having a good results from your Njoy...

My advise is this...if you have been smoking these devices with cartridges ..it tends to die a premature death(actually some might not dead...)..You have with you some e-liquid(100ml)..use it to drip smoking...your atomiser will last longer(despite the warranty from Njoy prohibiting you from dry smoking) ..I use mine without a problem by drip smoking but I do encounter a lot of sporadic failures with cartridge smoking....

And since you do have 2 'dead' Atomisers in your hand...might as well you give this little experiment a go....
First ....get a sharp and long enough twezzer or a srewdriver that can touch your atomiser head...then "SCRATCH"..yep, you heard that right ..SCRATCH the Atomiser head with vertical small cuts parallel to the length of the atomiser..you'll get either indents cuts and some of the metal wool torn off but not completely destroyed...By doing that..you actually "uncovered" the clogged rusted wool which actually hinders the liquids burning rate when it heat up ..make sure you remove excess liquids inside the atomiser by blowing it out thru the battery end of the atomiser(if you want run clear clean water thru the atomiser and blow dry it later)...now put at least 4 to 5 drops of e-liquid(especially menthol) and connect a fully charged battery...start using it again and see whether it works this time...

This small "SURGERY" I suggested should be tried on a Hardly functional or ?dead atomiser...or else shouldn't be attempted on a fully functional unit(although I done most of my patients devices -whether new or old units)...
The other warning is this..since the burn rate has been increased ,so will be the amount of e-liquid used...it tends to "eats up" more e-liquid but it does give much better experience....and performance....let me know if it works.... ;)

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
Thanks Doc for the advice. I just tried it with the e-cig atomizer with no luck. I did make indentations but I did not remove any metal. Should I be more aggressive? Should I see small holes in the atomizer? Right now, it looks more like a solid piece of metal with an orange peel texture. Almost as if the steel wool has fused together. Thanks again.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
accordeur said:
Thanks Doc for the advice. I just tried it with the e-cig atomizer with no luck. I did make indentations but I did not remove any metal. Should I be more aggressive? Should I see small holes in the atomizer? Right now, it looks more like a solid piece of metal with an orange peel texture. Almost as if the steel wool has fused together. Thanks again.
Yep, the orange peel like surface shows rusty clogged pores and the liquids won't able to interact....Cut it firmly with a sharp tool that can reach the atomiser head....need not remove metal but should see indentations(scratches)on it's head.

BTW can you feel the heat on the atomiser even though no smoke comes out during suction?..if it does heats up but no smoke, that means your atomiser still works but severely clogged up..then you can try the small surgery on it..If it is cold to touch even with a fully charged battery and sucking on it for long time then it is dead...

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA
jimldk wrote:

You have with you some e-liquid(100ml)..use it to drip smoking...your atomiser will last longer(despite the warranty from Njoy prohibiting you from dry smoking

Jim, is there any way to keep the atomizers from clogging up in the first place? I was wondering if diluting the e-liquid with a little of the cleansing solution would help to avoid clogging.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
windblown said:
Jim, is there any way to keep the atomizers from clogging up in the first place? I was wondering if diluting the e-liquid with a little of the cleansing solution would help to avoid clogging.

Good question windblown....been on it for a long time...2 ways so far..the atomisers will last practically 3 weeks of continuous performance without clogging up so fast in normal usage......still by the end of third week I will usually cleaned it up....
1st method......Don't use cartridge ..it will clogged up the steel mesh pores faster because of the melting process occurs to the plastic wool....Drip smoking or modified cartridges(referring to needle project) seems to be the only answer to that continuous smoke production..max drop use is 5 drops per session....drip with an modified e-liquid (which is what I have been doing to my patients who use my e-liquid).
A modified e-liquid will be a mix of any flavor with my CS in ratio of 4.5:0.5(for 5ml) and 9:1(for 10ml)....you don't want to drop the nicotine strength as well as flavor...

2nd method .....Referring to the "Surgery " done on the Atomiser head .... combine 1st method with the "surgery" done onto the atomiser head...the clogging will practically stop.. So far the 2 methods mention has yield favorable results.....good luck trying it out..... ;)

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
katink said:
Jim, could you give a recepee for home-making of your cleaning-solution? How many grams of salt (kitchensalt? other?) in how much water to make a solution that works well? Anything else to mix in with it?
Thanks! :)
There are 2 versions of normal saline ..0.45% and 0.9%...I used the 0.45 %....to make your own saline... Mix 4.5grams of Table salt(non-iodine) with 1 litre of sterile clean water....that should do the trick... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread