There really is no community like the REO community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Just wanted to say how much I love all you guys :)

Your patience and willingness to help to every new or experience REO user without prejudice is amazing.......

Lately I've come across another mod that I like enough that I own one with another on the way.
(Ya I know)

The community for this mod seemed very similar to the REO community .....
A single thread just like the good ole' days of REOville.
The mod maker himself is in the thread daily to hang out with his customers and help.

Seemed like a good bunch of regulars to get to know and share in the excitement but sadly its just not the same.
No one really willing to go the extra effort to help like many many people here would.
A lot of unanswered to questions. Including mine.
And in general I get the feeling everyone is thinking..... you weren't here in the beginning so your just not a cool as us.

I'm so glad we are above that over on the REO side of ECF
I'm proud to say I know so many of you.
And proud to know that if I get a REO question I can't answer I can always direct them to this forum and know they will be treated with respect.

Carry on REOnauts you are all awesome.

Last edited:

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Well said, Tim.
group_hug.gif

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Anyone who has been out of HS long enough knows lots of those geeky girls age quite well.

Warning............ off on tangent...........:facepalm:

So, okay, like I was the girl who was more or less a liaison between the two main groups, not totally feeling "at home" in either, hence my 4 years younger, little sister, my best friend, but mostly working too hard to maintain "in crowd" status. (What a frigg'n waste of energy!!!!!) There wasn't a "geek" group, per se, in the 60's. There were the "ins," and the "others." I was voted runner up to "most creative," for the year book, by the whole school, but the person who won excelled in music whereas I dabbled in lots of things and was art editor of school newspaper AND she did really deserve it. I was actually the really creative one but not always in a "positive" productive way, but only students recognized that and I din't even know it myself!!!!! I was just naturally wired, all the time, and loved everything but school.

So who did I hang with at my 15 yr reunion, the only one I've been to...............???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And found to be the most interesting, amazing people.................. "The Others."

I went through, in college, after first year trying to be sorority debutante (and boozer), like my older sister, then "arty," then arty and environmentalist, to arty/environmentalist/flower child, to major geek/environmentalist/ flower child/intellectual which is where I've remained for decades. Arty has taken a back seat to all others; there's only so much time!!!

DH is totally turned on by "geeky women." If he was a half century, and more, younger I could use he word "girls." He, in no way, is, nor wants to be considered a "letch.":laugh:

He was really turned on, the first time he saw me, hopping out of, over door, my roommate's little convertible sports car, (Triumph that I did all the work on), flowing tiered, flowered hand-swen skirt, with a hand-sewn, gauzy, see through blouse, and no bra. (I drove a pick-up that was loaned to roommate.) Our first meeting was a political rally at SMU; Father Daniel Barrigan; "date" arranged by our "Kamikaze Feminist" mutual friend. (For years she staged "ins" and got arrested for appearing topless, in swimming areas, in US, where men could go without tops/shirts. That was one of her more benign activities. She was one of the first women to throw meat onto stage at a Miss America contest.)

Feisty Alice

{edit} I was going to school, majoring in physics/math, working for City of Dallas, Parks n Recreation, Lakes Division, plumber/electrician, after working up from "chain gang" road crew to big mowers, to chain-saw crew. My "Kamikaze Feminist" friend was the first woman to work there and helped me get the job. I LOVED IT!!!!!

Last edited:

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
I don't make it to the forums every day and even when I do, I don't always post. But I certainly concur with Big Hitter that there is no other place as helpful as the REO forum.

But why would the REO forum be any different from the super product that Rob puts out and stands behind? My REOs just work and keep me happy, and so does the REO forum. :) Quality all around! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread