The Vapor Chef's Bloody Mango (a review of sorts...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Vapor Chef: Bloody Mango

I'm working my way through a Vapor Chef flavor adventure. So far, the first two flavors (Honey Pearry and Butter Beer) have knocked me out. Up next is their Bloody Mango.

My batch: 70vg/30pg, 12mg and mixed on 7/3/2013 and vaping in a Protank on a Vamo V3 with a 2.7ohm atty at 7.5-8.0 watts. Note, I do have an air-flow control adapter to tighten the airy draw of the Protank. I did take out one of the two flavor wicks in the Protank because this thick, thick juice wasn't re-wicking so well.

Color: Nothing remarkable here, a pale orange-gold tint.

Bouquet: It has that bite of orange kind of tingles my nostrils. However, the bouquet isn't as strong as the other flavors that I have tried. This leads me to think that this will need some steeping unlike the other ones (Honey Pearry and Butter Beer).

Taste: Not as powerful as Honey Pearry or Butter Beer, but the taste is nice with a nice balance of blood orange and mango and not too much of either one; thus, I can taste both fruits in the mix. I get the orange upfront with the mango at the back end, and each fruit is working to deepen the other.I've had other fruit cocktails that haven't been mixed with a flavor bully in mind. But, that's another review for another day. I've had other straight orange flavors before, and they've tasted fake to me. I'm not getting that from this mix. I believe the depth of pairing these flavors helps to keep them from tasting fake. Finally, I'm not getting much sweetener, which is good because it brings the focus back to the more natural taste. I do pick up on the bouquet in the actual vapor, a nice touch. Bottom line, balanced, subtle, realistic but also needs steeping.

Vapor: I'm filling my office with lovely clouds of 70% vg vapor goodness.

Throat Hit: the acid of the blood orange and the 30% pg gives this some TH, and the sensation in the throat does linger after a puff.

Bottom Line: So, not quite as punchy as the others, but again, I'm impressed with Vapor Chef for mixing a juice that is balanced, flavorful for higher vg, and tasty with so little steeping. Also, I'm impressed with it not smelling or tasting like a chemistry set or perfume bottle this soon after mixing. Not quite sure if this is a re-order for me at the moment, but that might change as it ages, but I do not regret that I got this one though. It is refreshing; vaping this after a buffalo chicken sandwich for lunch, and it has calmed the spicy.

Please feel free to chime in with contradictions, compliments, bad jokes, good jokes, etc, etc...
As always, happy vaping :vapor:

PS: I'm totally surprised I did not reference the extreme close up of Dexter juicing a blood orange in the opening credits of the show...my favorite opening credits of all time BTW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread