CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Im hard up... so no coins...
Women usually cant be bothered looking for a Screwdriver..
And no more broken nails if you please ..

I simply changed the battery screw from V2 into my V3, that made it easier.

Janty promised us an extra made roughly to this design, but it never materialised.

The idea is to have a ring attached to the screw, that fits recessed around the screw, then raised to assist leverage.
Screw2.jpg

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
LOL, I've only just seen this. Great to put a face and voice to you, Andy! (not that anybody will EVER see or hear mine here or on any other e-cig forum :lol:). My only problem is that my computer seems to be having a problem with the sound of voices on some (not all) YouTube videos... they just sound so quiet and terribly muffled that I can't make out the words even if I can hear the music clearly :confused:. I've no idea what's causing it other than maybe some Firefox extension I've got installed.

I've shied away from box mods so far as somehow a boxy shape has never appealed to me, but am desperate for a small lightweight "big battery mod" for an 801 (although I'm not sure if a 320 mAH counts as "big")... Using an adaptor with others isn't right for me as somehow it ruins the look of it. As it seems it might be a little while before Janty's Baby J comes out (for 801), I'm wondering if this V.3 Janty stick might be suitable. I like the idea of the rubberised finish too!

May I ask if anybody knows how heavy it is? Seems like it would be quite light? Also, how fiddly is it to change battery with that cap? As Christena (Petbe) quite rightly said, no broken finger nails please! and preferably no need to keep a screwdriver at hand all the time... ;)

Also (sorry for all the Qs!), how safe is using it as a PT? I only ask as I've recently given up using all my ordinary PTs (for standard 901 and 801) as I've now had 3 over the past 12 months heat up to burning, even smoking, point when I was sitting right next to them so I've lost all confidence in them and have put them away for fear they'll burn my desk the minute I pop off to the loo or something 8-o, and am now using either big batts or the brilliant eGo with its ever-so-long lasting battery instead. Except that none of the big batts are for the 801... at least not that are light enough for me or with a side button.

If it might sound suitable enough for me, I'll be back, Tim, pretty pronto for another purchase! :D

:) TIA! :)

[Edit]: between the eGo, possibly this and the forthcoming Baby J, I think I might be joining the clan of Janty fans ;) My other half already thinks I'm nuts with what he perceives to be an existing huge amount of e-cig stuff :oops:

Last edited:

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Oh what a comedian you are Andy....lol

Good job you are a few hundred miles away or you would find that heel landing just above your right ear....hahaha

How did you guess that is what I use for a hammer ?

well... re that loop thingy, if it was metal, and strong, and attached to the top of the screw, it would lift and could be used to propel the screw around to unscrew it..

I cant believe something like that doesnt exist already.. if it doesnt, halfers on the royalties....hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread