The transition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs.jle53

Mar 8, 2014
Oklahoma
Did you quit smoking as soon as you started vaping or did you still have to cut down? If so how long did it take you from the time you started vaping and completely quit smoking. How many years did you smoke before?
:)

I'm only 19 but I started smoking at 14. :facepalm:so 5 years for me and the day I started vaping is the day I completely quit smoking. I tried to smoke about 2 weeks in to vaping and it made me completely sick to my stomach. Now about six months into vaping and still going strong.:vapor:

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
I started smoking at 12, I am 37 now. I actually quit 2 months ago using Chantix and started Vaping the other day just because I missed it.
I didnt miss the way I felt or smelled from smoking though, I am also using 0mg juice

I wonder how many smoking relapses are prevented by vaping... I was reading someone else saying similar, they missed smoking so they took up vaping instead even though they had been quit for a long time.

I think that's really cool :)

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
I switched the same day my first set up arrived 4 years ago. I was lucky enough to check tracking the night before and rather then buying a pack for the next day i just purchased a few loose smokes to get me till delivery time. I was determined to make it work as the wife and I kept fighting about the smoking and it was causing a riff between us.

wavemux

Jan 9, 2014
Webster, NY
I quit completely 2 days after I received my first eCig in the mail. I think that was only because I did not know how to effectively use it at first! Smokefree for 5 months with ZERO re-lapses. As most have posted in response to this theme of thread, I can't even stand the smell of cigarettes anymore. It's like being given the choice between eating chocolate cake or a can of cat food. It will be chocolate cake EVERY TIME.

Serendipity_Stables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Vancouver, BC
www.facebook.com
Smoked for 20 years 2pad. Quit last year with vaping for 9 months. Started again for a couple months and I am close to two weeks again. I quit smoking immediately both times. This time I am going straight to a provari and learning about mods. I am buying juice online and hanging out here learning all I can about ohms and how to do a mod correctly. I am spending a boatload of cash but not much more than the 600 I spent smoking a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Everybody is different. Some folks quit right away, some still have a cigarette now and again after a year or more.

I had a few cigarettes left when I got my first vapemail package. 12 hours after that, I was out of cigarettes, and haven't looked back since!

(Well, okay, the first few weeks were pretty rough, but it gets better every day!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread