Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
If I had the time I’d surely make my own mod so as to get away from the POS batteries that come with the standard PV. I keep reading the mods and the how-to’s but… no time. That’s what the independents are hoping for and more power to ‘em.

Received a SD from trog today, AdapteveR from Thad a couple days ago. As I mentioned in a post to trog earlier, I’m ‘bout as happy as a pup with 2 peters. The jungle of chargers by my chair is gone now, that made her happy!

Performance ‘tween the 2? Pretty much the same.
Playing them off against each other using a 16340 in each and transferring a single dse901 back and forth, the main difference I find is primarily aesthetics. A 3-4 second draw off either thoroughly replaces hitting a 6 second cutoff on the POS.

Why is that I wonder. The more tech knowledgeable folks would surely know this, I don’t. S’pose it has something to do with current under load available from the 16340 or some-such.

The AdapteveR is industrial in looks and feel. Fits the hand comfortably, securely. Easy to just grab hold of it. Switch is triggered easily with my pinkie finger. Also easy is the way the 3 sections screw together. Tooling is clean and precise.

The SD strikes me as having a more subtle, almost elegant air about it. While it appears equally substantial in construction as the AdapteveR, the SD simply rests easy in the hand. Same clean tooling, same ergonomic positioning of the button on the end.

While both devices may in a sense be no more than battery holders, each in their own way adds a dimension of vaping poetry into my world without tobacco.

Thank you trog, thank you Thad.

Happy vaping all

Last edited:

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
very good thoughts!

I have both! (well 2 screwdrivers) and an AdapteveR :)

I like both devices (see my first thoughts review of AdapteveR) for like you say different reasons!

For me living in UK it nice to have the support of Trog with the Screwdriver, if disaster strikes knowing it should be fast turnaround of repairs etc. The SD has been my main vaping source and never let me down, I wouldn`t be without it!

I liked the idea of AdapteveR and atomizer inserts etc! Me I'm happy with 3.7 with current atomizers think it plenty enough voltage! No doubt others with 6v will see it different? I believe Thad is going to produce an add on for this option so who knows! never say never!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread