The Rayonatti were right about everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemomo

Jan 29, 2023
USA
I was ready to start building - have a regulated squonker and appropriate atomizer coming in the mail. But last night the pod on my silly Geekvape H45 went kaput and dumped juice all over everything, and I was FED THE EFF UP! Cue going to the best B&M in my hometown this morning and picking up a little mod and the Dead Rabbit v2 RDA.

My first build (ever) are 2 simple, okayish spaced Ni80 coils ringing in at 0.3 ohms together. Wicked em badly (I think) with some of the rayon Kat sent me, tried to follow the advice from previous threads, but it's my first time, y'know?

Bruh!!! It works!!! It's a pretty decent vape, tastes good, and I really think I owe it all to the trooper that rayon is - it's been really forgiving of my crappy skills as a virgin. <3

The rayonatti were right about everything! I'm never going back to stock coils!!

Attachments

• 20230215_134204.jpg
    20230215_134204.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2023
Excellent, very nice build !

Every time that you are making a new build, try to make something little different - make small changes, that way you will be able to compare your own builds and find what do you like the most... !

For example :
On a brand new RTA i tried some different builds that i know that i like them and would be nice for this RTA...

... and it was working perfectly... !
So on the next build, i tried a similar one but with less wraps and more spacing in between them... and it was equal good and maybe i will build the same again... !
Also you can try a little bit thicker wire... or from deferred material... !?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
It's a pretty decent vape, tastes good, and I really think I owe it all to the trooper that rayon is

Rayon makes for an excellent wick. I use both cotton and rayon. Switch off between the two in RBA's all the time.

Rayon requires ~1/3 more material versus cotton. Rayon contracts, cotton expands.

The density of rayon in a coil should be fairly tight fitting.

All is explained in the two Rayon threads.

bluemomo

Jan 29, 2023
USA
Excellent, very nice build !

Every time that you are making a new build, try to make something little different - make small changes, that way you will be able to compare your own builds and find what do you like the most... !

For example :
On a brand new RTA i tried some different builds that i know that i like them and would be nice for this RTA...

... and it was working perfectly... !
So on the next build, i tried a similar one but with less wraps and more spacing in between them... and it was equal good and maybe i will build the same again... !
Also you can try a little bit thicker wire... or from deferred material... !?

Ah yes, I will definitely be experimenting! It's very fun to tweak and tweak and tweak something (at least for me!)

And yes, I'm gonna get some other wires soon by mail (it's hard to find much wire in stores around here) to experiment with as well.

bluemomo

Jan 29, 2023
USA
Rayon makes for an excellent wick. I use both cotton and rayon. Switch off between the two in RBA's all the time.

Rayon requires ~1/3 more material versus cotton. Rayon contracts, cotton expands.

The density of rayon in a coil should be fairly tight fitting.

All is explained in the two Rayon threads.

Thanks for the tips! Yes, I've been going through these threads for a bit. The rayon has been really forgiving (wicked and rewicked many times now just to play with it...I have oodles of it so why not?)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Last edited:

bluemomo

Jan 29, 2023
USA
Followup: I finally did it!!! I made the PERFECT BUILD (or at least a really good one) this morning. Dual coils clocking in at 0.3 ohms, rayon wicking. Got it all set up and took a hit, and HOLY CRAP this is why people drip!!!! I was using what I thought was kinda crummy juice (too acidic + a little harsh) but on this build it was creamy, moist, and decadent!! (It's a blueberry custard.) Wow!!!! I owe it all to y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread