• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Night Before PC Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Twas the month before Christmas

When all through our land,

Not a Christian was praying

Nor taking a stand.

See the PC Police had taken away

The reason for Christmas - no one could say.

The children were told by their schools not to sing

About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things

It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say

December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.

Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit

Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!

CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-Pod

Something was changing, something quite odd!

Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa

In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.

As Targets were hanging their trees upside down

At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.

At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears

You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.

Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty

Are words that were used to intimidate me.

Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen

On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!

At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter

To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.

And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith

Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace

The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded

The reason for the season, stopped before it started.

So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'

Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.

Choose your words carefully, choose what you say

Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,

not Happy Holiday!

Please, all Christians join together and

wish everyone you meet

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Christ is The Reason' for the Christ-mas Season!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
It's heartbreaking, isn't it! I never do the "Happy Holidays" or "Season's Greetings" thing and say "Merry Christmas" to everyone! I really think most are happy, and relieved, to hear it since it's so un-PC. Jesus is the reason that we celebrate this Holy Season, Amen!

Amen! :)

Excellent post A!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
While I don't celebrate Christmas, I can still see Jesus being pushed out of it. I see Him being pushed out of everything. It just stinks!

What I've always liked is to receive gifts that are hand-made....especially by children......whether it's a picture for the refrigerator or a card that says 'I love you!' I like making my gifts and enjoy giving them away as well. Now my sister always gives me gifts from Israel and I have to say that I love them. This year I received little dried flowers pressed between 2 panels of glass in a frame from the Holy Land. I also have a mezzusa (sp?) on the framework of my den door. I'd love to get a shofar. Man, I'd be tooting my own horn then!!!

Lisa, if you don't celebrate Jesus' birthday, what do you celebrate? I know about santa, etc., but it's the one day that we Christians set aside to rejoice in Jesus' birth! You don't have to have a tree to celebrate His birthday! And, in all liklihood, we know the 25th of Dec. is not His true birthday, but it's a day that can be celebrated worldwide in unity. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't celebrate 'easter,' but I celebrate Resurrection Day. :)

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I tell my Jewish friends "Happy Hanukkah". I wish my pagan friends a "Merry Yule". I even wished someone a "Happy Ramadan" once. And it certainly didn't harm my beliefs to do so. I want them to enjoy their day, however they may celebrate it. I don't see why they can't say "Merry Christmas" to me. And if I don't know the religion of the person I am wishing well, the majority of this country still claim to be Christian, so "Merry Christmas" is most likely appropriate.

~A

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
What I've always liked is to receive gifts that are hand-made....especially by children......whether it's a picture for the refrigerator or a card that says 'I love you!' I like making my gifts and enjoy giving them away as well. Now my sister always gives me gifts from Israel and I have to say that I love them. This year I received little dried flowers pressed between 2 panels of glass in a frame from the Holy Land. I also have a mezzusa (sp?) on the framework of my den door. I'd love to get a shofar. Man, I'd be tooting my own horn then!!!

Lisa, if you don't celebrate Jesus' birthday, what do you celebrate? I know about santa, etc., but it's the one day that we Christians set aside to rejoice in Jesus' birth! You don't have to have a tree to celebrate His birthday! And, in all liklihood, we know the 25th of Dec. is not His true birthday, but it's a day that can be celebrated worldwide in unity. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't celebrate 'easter,' but I celebrate Resurrection Day. :)

Well, I celebrate His birth and resurrection every day of the year by being faithful to Him and through daily prayer telling Him, and showing Him by dedicating my entire life to Him, how grateful I am that He came.

To me, Christmas and Easter is just a big show, full of ancient pagan traditions, materialism, stress, greed........like a big gross circus or something. I see the whole world doing this stuff every year, alot of lip service and big showy displays of materialism, and then the rest of the year they couldn't care less about Jesus and many don't even believe in Him at all. That bothers me, I just view it as hypocrisy, so I personally shun the whole thing and want nothing to do with it. It just screams fake to me.

I know that might be shocking to some of you guys, maybe even offensive. Know and understand that I judge nobody for their own choice to celebrate what they want too, and I don't want to put a damper on it for those who really enjoy it and feel good about it. It's a personal choice that everyone makes for themselves, and I just choose not to participate for those reasons.

Aren't you sorry you asked??? LOL! :laugh:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Well, I celebrate His birth and resurrection every day of the year by being faithful to Him and through daily prayer telling Him, and showing Him by dedicating my entire life to Him, how grateful I am that He came.

To me, Christmas and Easter is just a big show, full of ancient pagan traditions, materialism, stress, greed........like a big gross circus or something. I see the whole world doing this stuff every year, alot of lip service and big showy displays of materialism, and then the rest of the year they couldn't care less about Jesus and many don't even believe in Him at all. That bothers me, I just view it as hypocrisy, so I personally shun the whole thing and want nothing to do with it. It just screams fake to me.

I know that might be shocking to some of you guys, maybe even offensive. Know and understand that I judge nobody for their own choice to celebrate what they want too, and I don't want to put a damper on it for those who really enjoy it and feel good about it. It's a personal choice that everyone makes for themselves, and I just choose not to participate for those reasons.

Aren't you sorry you asked??? LOL! :laugh:

I understand 'why' Lisa does not celebrate Christmas and I'm sure when you guys read this Article you'll better understand it also. Remember, we must 'love' our Brethren.. even when they feel they are at less liberty than others. Some of us (including myself) feel 'at less liberty' than other Christians to engage in many things because while we may be 'free' to do so, we personally feel it hurts us on a spiritual level... or compromises our 'walk with Christ' for want of a better explanation. Christmas Eve 'is' (in the very real World) also a very dark and Satanic holy day.... we can acknowledge this 'fact' or we can choose to do the standard head in the sand thing... and that's OK too because it's important when we 'share' things we try not to use condemnation... we must be accepting & loving of one another & not offend easily. Please Gals, read this..... it will help you better understand mine & Lisa's position a bit better: (We love you Guys so much & just want you to 'see' what we 'feel' a little better and 'why' we feel this way);

Christ-Mass: Your Gift to God is Intercessory Prayer

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Well, I read it, and though I love you guys dearly, I don't agree and am not crazy about that website. I got weird feelings on it. I saw on there headings against Tim Lahaye and Joyce Meyers. I didn't read them. I am against the commercializing of Christmas and santa. I figured that out sometime back. However, if I wind up scrubbing toilets in Heaven because I love a beautifully decorated tree, then so be it. I don't need gifts.....just want my family close with laughter and fellowship. God has given me everything I need and many wants, too. I love the lights! The light illuminates the darkness. I love the songs being sung about Jesus! I can sit in front of a Christmas tree, in the dark with the lights on and my loved ones near and be happy as a clam. We share a meal, thanks to Jesus, and we just kick back and rest.

I used to do the 'everything has to be perfect' and it almost drove me insane. No more. Last year, our cabin didn't even have a tree, and that was okay. It's not what is outward, it's what's in the heart that matters. Actually, I celebrate Jesus all year long. I don't need a special day. It's not what satanists have turned it into, as they are going to celebrate what they want any day of the year, for that matter. Don't we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus all year long?

But regardless, I totally respect you guys on your reasoning, and pray you have wonderful fellowship days with friends and families. Spread the love of Jesus, as I know ya'll are so faithful to do. We're headed to TN on Thursday. Am so looking forward to it. It's going to be a longggggggggggggggg drive.:ohmy:

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Well, I read it, and though I love you guys dearly, I don't agree and am not crazy about that website. I got weird feelings on it. I saw on there headings against Tim Lahaye and Joyce Meyers. I didn't read them. I am against the commercializing of Christmas and santa. I figured that out sometime back. However, if I wind up scrubbing toilets in Heaven because I love a beautifully decorated tree, then so be it. I don't need gifts.....just want my family close with laughter and fellowship. God has given me everything I need and many wants, too. I love the lights! The light illuminates the darkness. I love the songs being sung about Jesus! I can sit in front of a Christmas tree, in the dark with the lights on and my loved ones near and be happy as a clam. We share a meal, thanks to Jesus, and we just kick back and rest.

I used to do the 'everything has to be perfect' and it almost drove me insane. No more. Last year, our cabin didn't even have a tree, and that was okay. It's not what is outward, it's what's in the heart that matters. Actually, I celebrate Jesus all year long. I don't need a special day. It's not what satanists have turned it into, as they are going to celebrate what they want any day of the year, for that matter. Don't we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus all year long?

But regardless, I totally respect you guys on your reasoning, and pray you have wonderful fellowship days with friends and families. Spread the love of Jesus, as I know ya'll are so faithful to do. We're headed to TN on Thursday. Am so looking forward to it. It's going to be a longggggggggggggggg drive.:ohmy:

How long are you going to be in TN? How long a drive? The trips from florida to georgia was 12 hours and I thought I'd go out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand long drives! LOL! :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I really hope I haven't hurt ya'lls feelings. I know ya'lls hearts and they are filled with the love and worship of Jesus and I just love you both so much and wish we could get together for vaping and coffee......or vaping and hot chocolate with marshmellows. Or just get together and pray down the roof of a house! If Paul and Silas could do it, so can we!

You know, and ya'll have heard me say it, I deal with a lot of physical problems. I have to make hay while the sun shines. I get up with X amount of marbles in my energy bowl. Every movement I do throughout the day, takes out marbles. When the bowl is empty, so am I. There have been times that I've been able to work on Sunday.....not every Sunday, but some of them....Saturday as well. I have to do what I can on whatever day or it just doesn't get done. I celebrate Jesus everyday....not just on Sunday. I fellowship with you guys all the time and I love you all....I really do. You are my friends.....my comrades. This site means so very much to me and I just want everyone to know it. I wouldn't purposely hurt any of your feelings....well maybe SG, but he's the only one!:laugh: Ah, he knows I love him too......even thought he makes me chuck more wood than I can physically stand.

Our trip will be approximately 450 miles. From Meridian to Pigeon Forge. I have to get out and stretch every 70 miles or so. I sit in the back of our explorer with Sharlamane and Dargo, while Angel sits in the front seat on mom-in-law's lap. We're all crammed in since we take a huge ice chest for our food, plus luggage for 3 people and 3 dogs, plus a fold up cage for the babies as we can't leave them running loose in the cabin when we're not there. So, it'll be tight, but we'll manage. The trip should take around 8 hours with all the stopping. Hopefully we'll get there before nightfall. There's a code on the lock that they give you, which has the key. They called with that today. We're planning to stay in the loft with the pool table and air hockey so that should be fun! I want a fire everynight, too! My first cousin who lives in SC will be coming to see me the day after Christmas, weather permitting. I see him so rarely, but he came last Christmas and I so enjoyed the day! Husband and his mom like going to the different stores.....I only want to go to 2, so that shouldn't be much shopping. I'm really not much on shopping anymore.:)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Well, I read it, and though I love you guys dearly, I don't agree and am not crazy about that website. I got weird feelings on it. I saw on there headings against Tim Lahaye and Joyce Meyers. I haven't read everything on that site yet.. but I love Tim Lahaye & Joyce Meyers!. and TBN... and a bunch of others that many Christians mock & label heretics.... but that's silly old me.. (lol) I didn't read them. I am against the commercializing of Christmas and santa. I figured that out sometime back. However, if I wind up scrubbing toilets in Heaven because I love a beautifully decorated tree, then so be it. I don't need gifts.....just want my family close with laughter and fellowship. God has given me everything I need and many wants, too. I love the lights! The light illuminates the darkness. I love the songs being sung about Jesus! I can sit in front of a Christmas tree, in the dark with the lights on and my loved ones near and be happy as a clam. We share a meal, thanks to Jesus, and we just kick back and rest.

I didn't post this for anyone to feel 'condemned'... just to heighten awareness that evil is also doing it's work while we celebrate with Friends & Family. All we have to do is 'pray' against the evil..... and we can all do that. ;)

I love you L♥

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I really hope I haven't hurt ya'lls feelings. You didn't hurt mine L... and I always want you to state exactly what you feel whenever you feel it!... lol I know ya'lls hearts and they are filled with the love and worship of Jesus and I just love you both so much and wish we could get together for vaping and coffee......or vaping and hot chocolate with marshmellows. Or just get together and pray down the roof of a house! That would sure be my idea of a great time! Vaping & Coffee with my Christian Sister(s) is my definition of Heaven on Earth.... we'd have a riotous good time! :) If Paul and Silas could do it, so can we!

You know, and ya'll have heard me say it, I deal with a lot of physical problems. I have to make hay while the sun shines. I get up with X amount of marbles in my energy bowl. Every movement I do throughout the day, takes out marbles. When the bowl is empty, so am I. There have been times that I've been able to work on Sunday.....not every Sunday, but some of them....Saturday as well. I have to do what I can on whatever day or it just doesn't get done. I celebrate Jesus everyday....not just on Sunday. I fellowship with you guys all the time and I love you all....I really do. You are my friends.....my comrades. This site means so very much to me and I just want everyone to know it. I wouldn't purposely hurt any of your feelings....well maybe SG, but he's the only one!:laugh: Ah, he knows I love him too begrudgingly me also... lol......even though he makes me chuck more wood than I can physically stand. LOLOLOL :lol:

Our trip will be approximately 450 miles. From Meridian to Pigeon Forge. I have to get out and stretch every 70 miles or so. I sit in the back of our explorer with Sharlamane and Dargo, while Angel sits in the front seat on mom-in-law's lap. We're all crammed in since we take a huge ice chest for our food, plus luggage for 3 people and 3 dogs, plus a fold up cage for the babies as we can't leave them running loose in the cabin when we're not there. So, it'll be tight, but we'll manage. The trip should take around 8 hours with all the stopping. Hopefully we'll get there before nightfall. There's a code on the lock that they give you, which has the key. They called with that today. We're planning to stay in the loft with the pool table and air hockey so that should be fun! I want a fire everynight, too! My first cousin who lives in SC will be coming to see me the day after Christmas, weather permitting. I see him so rarely, but he came last Christmas and I so enjoyed the day! Husband and his mom like going to the different stores.....I only want to go to 2, so that shouldn't be much shopping. I'm really not much on shopping anymore.:)

I hope you really enjoy your Trip and your Family L! You'll be in my heart my thoughts & my prayers! ♥

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I really hope I haven't hurt ya'lls feelings. I know ya'lls hearts and they are filled with the love and worship of Jesus and I just love you both so much and wish we could get together for vaping and coffee......or vaping and hot chocolate with marshmellows. Or just get together and pray down the roof of a house! If Paul and Silas could do it, so can we!

Nope, you have not offended me even one tiny bit. There isn't anything that you could say to offend me Linda, because I know your heart, you're my sister, I love you, and we are both on the same team and our goal is the same, so we are one in the blood of Jesus.

You don't make "deviled eggs or devils food cake",because you show honor to Him in that way. Eve has strong feelings about meat, this is her way of honoring Him. I don't celebrate the holidays and that is one way I show honor to Him.

The methods might vary slightly, but the intent and the end result is all the same, showing honor and respect for Him. How can we argue offense at that? We can't, because we are on the same team. Whatever a person does to being honor and glory to Him, whether it's a choice, sacrifice, or joyful occasion, it is a blessing to that person. :):):)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Nope, you have not offended me even one tiny bit. There isn't anything that you could say to offend me Linda, because I know your heart, you're my sister, I love you, and we are both on the same team and our goal is the same, so we are one in the blood of Jesus.

You don't make "deviled eggs or devils food cake",because you show honor to Him in that way. Eve has strong feelings about meat, this is her way of honoring Him. I don't celebrate the holidays and that is one way I show honor to Him.

The methods might vary slightly, but the intent and the end result is all the same, showing honor and respect for Him. How can we argue offense at that? We can't, because we are on the same team. Whatever a person does to being honor and glory to Him, whether it's a choice, sacrifice, or joyful occasion, it is a blessing to that person. :):):)

So beautifully said and Amen! :thumbs:

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
The Christmas Pageant (Funny and Heartening)

I was off to a good start.
God had entrusted me
with four children and
I didn't want to disappoint Him.

I tried to be patient the day
the children smashed
two dozen eggs on
the kitchen floor searching
for baby chicks.

I tried to be understanding . . .
when they started a hotel forhomeless frogs in the spare bedroom,
although it took me nearly two hours
to catch all twenty-three frogs.

When my daughter poured
ketchup all over herself and
rolled up in a blanket to see
how it felt to be a hot dog,
I tried to see the humor
rather than the mess . . .

In spite of changing over
twenty-five thousand diapers,
never eating a hot meal
and never sleeping for more
than thirty minutes at a time,
I still thank God daily for my children.

While I couldn't keep my promise
to be a perfect mother -
I didn't even come close . . .
I did keep my promise
to raise them in the Word of God.

I knew I was missing the mark
just a little when I told
my daughter we were going
to church to worship God,
and she wanted to bring
a bar of soap along to
"wash up" Jesus, too.