The new Apex Vapor Atomizers (AVA) are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adami

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
usa
I got an AVA this weekend. None of my drip tips seat firmly. Even my Ming and pyrex tip which are extremely tight in most atomizers/cartos barely get any purchase in my AVA (and they're long so they just wobble right out).

Has anyone else noticed that the inner diameter is a bit large on the AVAs? I have a "510 standard" AVA with the straight body.

Everything else about the AVA is great.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
I got an AVA this weekend. None of my drip tips seat firmly. Even my Ming and pyrex tip which are extremely tight in most atomizers/cartos barely get any purchase in my AVA (and they're long so they just wobble right out).

Has anyone else noticed that the inner diameter is a bit large on the AVAs? I have a "510 standard" AVA with the straight body.

Yea....Just_snag_a_thicker_o-ring_from_a_hardware_store!

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I didn't see any spec about it being other than 510; just assumed it was 510.... will try on the V2 Provari first to zero in on sweet spot.....sorry if you suffered my Snickerdoodle taste.....

No worries. Cleaned out real nice, but it smelled really tasty! There's actually two versions now of 510, one being specifically for bottom feeding, so I would imagine it works with VMODs and Reos. Only available though from Thermovape.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan

I would be willing to bet if you bought a brand new DT from somewhere, it would fit snuggly, I have some drip tips that have been worn out from really tight atties but with newer ones will barely fit in certain atties. I actually have not had any issues with loose drip tips though, I am sure a search on the forum will tell you what size oring to get.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii

I just use the d/t that comes with it... doesn't everyone? is it for something else? I find it's a great d/t as it has a wider mouth than most d/t's... very functional.

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
I can vape on it first thing in the morning and its a beast, but the more its used the poorer it starts to perform almost like the battery is dead as an example of the performance. But this degradation of performance happens within or under 10 minutes of vaping. So I have to let the atty rest for a bit and it'll pick back up on performance.
Are you flooding it? I just got an LR AVA and over the last two days I started using it with an Apex UltraLight. At first I started dripping 6-8 drops on this atty like I do on my HR AVA with my ThermoVape T1. I'd get a few great first draws but then it would peter out. I blew out the extra juice and it started back with great vapor and TH. After it was dry, I dripped 2 or 3 drops and it seemed to work great until it was dry. The porous ceramic certainly doesn't hold as much juice as "wick" attys and I think that makes these AVAs (especially LR) really prone to flooding.

ridenit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Texas, Dallas
Are you flooding it? I just got an LR AVA and over the last two days I started using it with an Apex UltraLight. At first I started dripping 6-8 drops on this atty like I do on my HR AVA with my ThermoVape T1. I'd get a few great first draws but then it would peter out. I blew out the extra juice and it started back with great vapor and TH. After it was dry, I dripped 2 or 3 drops and it seemed to work great until it was dry. The porous ceramic certainly doesn't hold as much juice as "wick" attys and I think that makes these AVAs (especially LR) really prone to flooding.

Yeah, I think that was my issue all along. I'm used to the HH attys, but after some careful trial and error I got it right. If it starts to peter out, I just blow it out and start over, TH and vapor production are great. The AVA has been my all day atty for a few days a week since I received it and i'll probably go back for more. Thank you

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
The LR AVA i have been using for 2 weeks, is like that. It has to have just the right amount of juice to get the right vapor production; say 2 - 3 drops, no more no less. It will leak so extra feeding is useless, i.e. you can't feed it and put it aside to cool off. It'll just leak out.
I'm wondering if anyone is using the LR at higher than 3.8 or 3.9 volts? Mine is a 1.6 - 1.7 Ohm.

The vapor when good, is warm, and very potent; it's almost too concentrated imo... not that cloudy vape you get from the HH357; it may be more taste, but it's a bit harsh to me, like i'm inhaling the vaporized juice but not fully vaporized....?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
The LR AVA i have been using for 2 weeks, is like that. It has to have just the right amount of juice to get the right vapor production; say 2 - 3 drops, no more no less. It will leak so extra feeding is useless, i.e. you can't feed it and put it aside to cool off. It'll just leak out.
I'm wondering if anyone is using the LR at higher than 3.8 or 3.9 volts? Mine is a 1.6 - 1.7 Ohm.

The vapor when good, is warm, and very potent; it's almost too concentrated imo... not that cloudy vape you get from the HH357; it may be more taste, but it's a bit harsh to me, like i'm inhaling the vaporized juice but not fully vaporized....?

Ahhh,, something I've been saying from the beginning, please keep us posted on your thoughts with this and how that Ava performs for you Uke, thanks for being honest and posting this.

ridenit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Texas, Dallas
So you guys are getting the " hit or miss " I was talking about right ?

Yes. Its a hit or miss for me too. If you keep the atty clear of excess juice when it not in use and blow it out if it gets flooded then its pretty consistent. But if you treat it like every other atty, then your going to have these problems.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Worth mention also that i have only old school AVAS , 2 holes only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 or 4 holes, same thing I have both,,,, anyways, this is why I was stating earlier that there needs to be some of the SS wool mesh underneath of the cup, but under the cup the coil sits in is just another piece of solid ceramic with a hole in the center for the + wire to connect to the center pin. So not much can be put in there, and also why I said a small redesign is needed in my opinion. Possibly if they put just another ceramic cup under the top cup and filled it with the SS mesh, or even better maybe a bunch of small pieces of ceramic might work too ( That would be great I think possibly ) , to help it hold liquid so when you take a pull it brings it back to the coil area because now it just leaks right through the coil area.. When the Atty hits like it's supposed to it has very good flavor and vapor, but to play the game of taking it off every couple of vapes to blow it out and put it back on makes it useless in my view and not worth the coin there wanting to get for it, a small 510 $50 Atty should vape great on every vape. Therefore there is room for improvement and the whole point of what I was stating in my earlier post, which someone seems to be posting he feels there great every vape he takes, it's just not so, so maybe I do have a different vaping way then he does, and that being I like to have a thick great tasting vape and it hit like a freight train every vape, which I get with the other Atty's I use, being Cisco's, 357's, Iken i06's and 510's and those range from $9-$22 yet this one is $50 and not worth the value it brings to the table in my opinion because of how it is structured, built, designed, and most of all vapes. Plus $50 is a joke for a small disposable Atty. These are easily taken apart and rebuildable though, so if they where built better, and sold the small pieces of ceramic on the side, it may make them worth there coin a bit more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread