The Nemesis, The Precise ELA and The Poldiac... a buyers tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
A few weeks ago I purchased an Nzonic V3, my first non clone real mech, and it blew me away. The difference between a precision made, quality piece of equipment, and its cheaper copy, was pronounced enough for me to justify spending what I formerly thought was a bit exorbitant. I found a good price on a slightly used mod so gave it a try. I hadn’t done a lot of research so when I decided to buy another high end mod I wanted to explore a bit and find out what all was out there.

There are a ton of great reviews out there and I greatly appreciated reading and viewing them all. They allowed me to quickly narrow the field to my 3 finalists: Atmomixani’s Nemesis, Super-T’s Precise ELA and Metal Madness Vapor’s Poldiac. Initially my preference was in that order. Due to the numerous reviews focusing on the units themselves, I am going to take a different avenue and share my experience, decision making and what it was like trying to acquire one of these fine mods.

It became obvious, quickly that the quality in all units was so close that it was going to come down to personal preference, how long I wanted to wait to get one and who was the easiest with which to deal.

First up, the Nemesis. I am getting accustomed to seeing “out of stock” and “unavailable” when looking on websites for vape products and they were no exception, at least with the one I wanted. A quick search turned up Home page here in the States so I sent them an email and received a quick, friendly response within an hour. They expect to have Nemesises in stock in October, but didn’t know whether the brass/sts version would be offered again. I like the look of brass/stainless in mods but that wasn’t a deal breaker. They suggested I like them on Facebook and put the mod on my wishlist on their website for notification via email so I did. I don’t mind waiting for what I want but in the mean time lets look at the other guys.

The Precise ELA. The company website shows this item as a Pre-order, 10-12 weeks completion. Super T ~ ELA So I emailed for information. After 3 days no response, so emailed again over the weekend. Monday morning I received a friendly response informing me that there would be another Pre Order available later in the fall, I could like them on Facebook and check the website for specifics when that is going to happen. A bit of quick math tells me that I probably won’t get my hands on an ELA until next year. OK, in the mean time let’s look at Poldiac.

The Poldiac. I quickly found the company website and began to explore. mmvapors.com Clicked on the brass/sts Uma from the homepage and shocker, “Unavailable”. Oh well, lets look around. I read about the unit, the “complicated” switch that I had read so much about. I’m sure it was complicated to develop but for the consumer, upkeep, and maintenance is not going to me a complicated issue, impressive. I watched the video, looked through the nice listings of spare parts, accessories, different “shirts” and “pants” to change the look of the device if you like, kinda cool. Most of which were in stock. I found the main Poldiac page which offers 9 different variants, the differences are purely cosmetic with different metals and finishes, and the Belial. The satin stainless I prefer over the high gloss of the Uma, and it’s outfitted with brass shirt and pants. And… AVAILABLE! I had to refresh the page to make sure I was seeing it right. Well, I can get what I want now or wait months to see if the brass/sts Nemesis shows up and hope they will not sell out while I’m typing my credit card info into the website. Or get what I want now or wait and see when the ELA will be available. Sooo the order was processed on 8/28 in Greece, arrived in Houston, TX, USA on 8/30! The mod is everything it was billed to be, beautiful, hard hitting, precisely built.

I’m sure I would have been just as proud to own either one of the other two mods, and just as pleased with their performance. But what difference does that make when all you can do is look at pictures of them? In the end, MMV got my business because they make a great product and do a better job making customers by actually having things in stock that you can buy. All of my questions were answered by the website, the transaction was completed with lightning fast speed, and I ended up with a hard hitting device that looks even better in person than in the pics. Thanks MMV you did a great job, and I will continue to sing your praises to anyone who will listen.

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
Thanks Val... I enjoyed the read.

In my case, I was aware of an up coming Nemesis launch and got in on the first run. This was a result of the modders participation on the forums. They work hard to make inventory, but they are wildly popular.

Yeah I was fully prepared to wait for the Nemesis or Super T, but the Poldiac really blew me away and it was 3rd on my list going in. It's been a couple of weeks now since I received it and have absolutely no regrets. I can't say that it is better than the others since I haven't even held them in my hand. But I cant imagine that they could be better made, better looking or hit harder than the Poldiac. I'm 100% satisfied with the way things turned out.

Last edited:

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
^How has the mod been thusfar? I'm looking at buying one and I already have my Nemesis and I love it.

It has been great, no problems, no issues. It goes with my everywhere and gets heavy usage. I clean the contacts about once early week to 10 days and it fires strong. I can definitely recommend the Poldiac, great mod, money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread