The Lurker Thread

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
It's going to be a long day here too. We had thunderstorms last night and lots of rain. I felt bad before I came down with whatever it was I got. I know stress can lessen your immune system and if anyone has had enough stress it is me.
1YES.gif

My curiosity got the best of me so I called Ken's father this morning and told him I did not answer last night because I was in bed sick. You are not going to believe what he wanted. He wanted to know if I had ordered Ken's headstone. He said it would be around $1000 and he did not have it. When I didn't say anything he said it would take him months to save up that much money and the church wanted a stone put on all the graves. I still did not say anything.

Please tell me if I am looking at this wrong. I honestly think I have done more than most people would have done. I do want him to have one and if his dad does not do it, I am sure I will end up doing it but I really hope he does the right thing. Just this once.

I told him I was going to get off the phone and he did not even say that he hoped I felt better. Sheesh! Between the poison oak, the bug, and more drama, I think I am going to go back to bed. Probably the best thing and it is raining, thank goodness or I would be pushing myself to go out and mow. I am a glutton for punishment but I get-r-done.
1laugh.gif

Hope you get a little nap dale. Hope everyone has a nice and drama-free day! :wub:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    It's going to be a long day here too. We had thunderstorms last night and lots of rain. I felt bad before I came down with whatever it was I got. I know stress can lessen your immune system and if anyone has had enough stress it is me. View attachment 1012372

My curiosity got the best of me so I called Ken's father this morning and told him I did not answer last night because I was in bed sick. You are not going to believe what he wanted. He wanted to know if I had ordered Ken's headstone. He said it would be around $1000 and he did not have it. When I didn't say anything he said it would take him months to save up that much money and the church wanted a stone put on all the graves. I still did not say anything.

Please tell me if I am looking at this wrong. I honestly think I have done more than most people would have done. I do want him to have one and if his dad does not do it, I am sure I will end up doing it but I really hope he does the right thing. Just this once.

I told him I was going to get off the phone and he did not even say that he hoped I felt better. Sheesh! Between the poison oak, the bug, and more drama, I think I am going to go back to bed. Probably the best thing and it is raining, thank goodness or I would be pushing myself to go out and mow. I am a glutton for punishment but I get-r-done. View attachment 1012373

Hope you get a little nap dale. Hope everyone has a nice and drama-free day! :wub:
    Good morning Rat2 :wub:
    Ugh! I don’t believe you should buy the headstone especially since you paid for the funeral! Those people are playing you. :(

I hope you can get the rest you need today.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I am biting my tongue so dang hard. Omfreakinggoodness!! In no way shape or form should you be paying for a headstone. If the church requires one let them pay for it. Surely his family can come together and get one for less. I am sorry you have to deal with this, Rat2.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I am biting my tongue so dang hard. Omfreakinggoodness!! In no way shape or form should you be paying for a headstone. If the church requires one let them pay for it. Surely his family can come together and get one for less. I am sorry you have to deal with this, Rat2.
    Good evening Sara :wub:
    ‘At least we’re in agreement ;)

Had a late appointment with Edward Jones today, I liked the agent.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning :)

Glad you liked the agent, Dale. That is important :)

Have a nice day, all!
    Good morning Sara :wub:
    ‘Me too ! I would have hated to have to start over ;)

Was exhausted last night, went to bed at 9 and woke up at about 6:30 :shock:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    I am feeling a little better today. Ran 102 temp yesterday as the day went on but it broke last night. I also had a little bout with low BP. But it was alright this morning and I am keeping a check on it.

I am not sure how I did it today but I got the yard mowed before the rain. It was so long and I did not feel like going over it. At least I got it done even though it does not look as well as I usually have it looking. I plan on taking it easy the rest of the week and get well.

I refuse to get upset anymore over any of the drama in TN. I have been nice but my nice is starting to dwindle. I don't want y'all getting upset either. I just tell y'all to get if off my chest and I feel better. I hope you don't mind.

I think maybe a hot shower would make my stuffy nose feel better although it might not help the poison oak I have. No new places today so I have my fingers crossed that the worst is over. It is true that when it rains, it pours.
    1YES.gif

Hope everyone has a good night! :wub:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

Glad the fever broke, Rat2. Hope you continue to feel better.

Took today off, kiddo is being inducted into the National Honor Society and I wasn’t about to miss it. ;)

Have a great day!!
    Good morning Sara :wub: How wonderful, I know how proud you must be feeling! Tell him big congratulations from me;)

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Aww thank you, Dale :wub:

It was a lovely ceremony. I am super proud of him. Now we need to work with him to figure out what he wants to do after graduation. Like holy moly....it's 2 very fast years away. I know as a teen it's hard to "know" and I told him you aren't stuck just because you chose....dr, lawyer, teacher, engineer, journalist etc. I keep telling him to think of an area that interests him and then he can explore all the options available in that field. He has no clue and I know that is normal for a lot of kids it worries me. lol

It's a beautiful day out there. Hope you are having a good one!

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    Good afternoon Dale, Sara, R2 and lurkers:wub:

Glad the fever broke, Rat2. Hope you continue to feel better.

Took today off, kiddo is being inducted into the National Honor Society and I wasn’t about to miss it. ;)

Have a great day!!
    Congrats :w00t:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good evening Sara and Joey :wub:
    Glad kiddo had a nice ceremony Sara. I didn’t know what I wanted to do even when I graduated, I did have a brief thought of nursing, but I was done with schooling.

The start of our day was gorgeously sunny but now it’s all gray again.

We had huge chef salads for supper.

Users who are viewing this thread