Status
Not open for further replies.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
What are AW IMR 16340s? I mean mine are 750mah (how long they last), wtf are 16340's? and what volts are each battery??

AW IMR-16340 CR-123a High Drain

They are a safer chemistry than LI-ion and are 3.7V. With the Joker AV version, you can use either 3V or 3.7V batts. They are 550 mAH, but they seem to last longer than other batts of higher mAH.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
AW IMR-16340 CR-123a High Drain

They are a safer chemistry than LI-ion and are 3.7V. With the Joker AV version, you can use either 3V or 3.7V batts. They are 550 mAH, but they seem to last longer than other batts of higher mAH.
With IC regulated mods 3.7V is the way to go. There is always some inherent loss involved (drop-out voltage).

As a general example if the regulator has a 1V (some are more,some less) drop/loss you'll need the batteries at 6V to vape at, maintain 5V. Starting at 7.2V (a pair of 3.7's) means a longer vape time than starting at 6.4 (a pair of 3.2's).

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
With IC regulated mods 3.7V is the way to go. There is always some inherent loss involved (drop-out voltage).

As a general example if the regulator has a 1V (some are more,some less) drop/loss you'll need the batteries at 6V to vape at, maintain 5V. Starting at 7.2V (a pair of 3.7's) means a longer vape time than starting at 6.4 (a pair of 3.2's).

Thanks WillyB! I just repeat what I hear around here from guys like you!

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
The ProVari seems to have a lot of great things going for it and some really innovative features, but with a stiff price tag.
IDK if I would call it expensive. Look at the various offerings from Super-T and GG. Certainly pretty and well made, but when it comes to vaping no better than a home-brew flashlight mod.

When comparing VV look at the rather crude, electronically and cosmetically, new VV SaberTouch that's going for about $140, more if you want to swap out the garden hose caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread