RDA The Goon Atty by 528 Customs & Blueeyedgoon83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I'm just gonna get a discussion going on what I think is going to be a very popular rda in days to come. It's not too hard on your wallet, coming in at $60 for the stainless steel version & $65 for the copper or brass versions.
Here are the specs, from District F5ve:
Specifications:
  • 24mm
  • Half inch drip tip
  • Standard 510 connection
  • Copper screw
  • Gold plated bridge post
  • Gold plated clamps
  • Hybrid safe
  • Peak insulators
  • Positive and Negative bridges are easily replaceable
So you may be asking, what's this post bridge thing? Well, it looks VERY promising for large builds.
Instead of post holes or prebuilt slots into the deck, they're basically a vice that'll clamp down on your leads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And as for the airflow, it's adjustable, but I'm not too sure on the size of the holes though. And it looks like it supports single coil if preferred.
image.jpeg

Having just purchased a Petri v2 myself, I'm going to wait a few weeks before buying, to see the reviews that come up and to give myself a chance to liquidate some of my old vape gear.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Cool if you're one of those art-builder types. Other than that, airflow obstructions, tall top cap and outdated airflow with no smooth/domed interior "roof". Will be as flavorful as all those other "cloud-chasing" attys.

Edit: That one view might show what appears to be somewhat of a domed top cap... which is good.

Jvincent516

Aug 29, 2015
Right after I purchased the petri v2 I noticed this on instagram. After seeing all the build possibilities for it I'm quite excited to get this. The price seems pretty good but I'm not real big on pre orders. But when it's officially released I'll definitely buy it. So many great rda's and rta's being released, but it's killing my wallet. First world problems I suppose:cry:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
This.
Worried about the safety of the brass/copper as well. For $65 I doubt it's going to be SS inside.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
For $60, you can get the stainless steel version, which comes with the deck/510 threading part, in stainless steel along with the chamber and topcap. The bridges are still probably going to be brass and the 510 still copper. I'm not to worried about the copper at the bottom, I clean my decks before and after installing a new build.
And complaining about the topcap? It's most likely domed. The AFC has 3 large holes like that to accommodate large coils. It's like the TM atty, if you want less air, close off a hole. It looks like they measure at about 3mm each but don't quote me on that I'm just eyeballing it. If that's the case, 2x3mm holes on each side is the same as a Petri cloud cap or a Kennedy 22 or 24.
Edit:
The chamber is small, with the AFC holes, and the cap is domed to the DT. Also, the bridges are gold plated.
image.png
Quick description from @blueeyedgoon83's Instagram post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread