Status
Not open for further replies.

WMichaeli

Jul 4, 2012
Tampa
So, I found a youtube clip several days ago that has my mind reeling with possibilities and designs, variable power outputs and mA... you get the idea. Now I know that MadVapes has a lot of bits and pieces, but what I'm looking for can't be found there... or anywhere it seems. I'm an Ego fan and a couple of their designs have a very small battery level indicator towards the bottom. Now not only can I not find that but I'm really hoping I don't have to build one from scratch. Does anyone know how and where to find this little rinky dink thing and if it can be used with the LM3914 or if there's something smaller that can be used.

Now I did do a lengthy search on the modding section of this forum and didn't find what I was looking for. I'm starting off very simple with my design but wanted to add this feature so I knew when to charge the batteries. I'd rather not have to use an LED voltage display as it would take up a good amount of room in my mod. Also the reason I ask about something smaller for the 3914 is also due to room. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Also this will be a VV mod and will have a flush mount potentiometer.

WMichaeli

Jul 4, 2012
Tampa
After re-reading my post I feel that I should clarify. My first mod is not going to use the voltage display due to space constraints. It's going to be a flashlight mod much like the Detonator but look much more streamlined and without the great big gob of JB Weld at the top. The flashlight casing is just big enough to fit the two CR123A's and the electronics which is why I wanted the mini charge indicator.

perlionsmitnick

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
TX
Last edited:

WMichaeli

Jul 4, 2012
Tampa
Similar to what I'm looking for

If you look at the eGo batts though they have only 5 segments instead of 10. The LED's dimming sounds like a really good idea for this first project and I'll give it some thought. However I do have one question about it. I'm ordering two protected CR123A's at 3.7v each. As far as I understand since these are going to be stacked the voltage doubles. Keep that in mind. I'm going to be regulating the voltage to no more than 5v and I believe no less than 3.2v. What resistors would I need for the LED's if I wanted to show that the charge was getting around 3.7v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread