The Detonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
I was walking through Wal-mart last night getting a few odds and ends. Everything seemed fine at first, but after walking through the sock isle, I noticed a man about 30' behind me wearing a dark jacket.

I didn't think anything of it at first, but when I was walking through Sporting Goods, I noticed him again. I walked randomly through the store going into all the places I don't normally go like the baby section, then through cosmetics, etc. After about 1/2 an hour, the gentleman finally walks up to me and I finally see he has a security patch on the sleeve and I can see his small radio tucked up underneath his jacket.

Now I didn't know Wal-mart HAD security, let alone ones half my size and wearing 1" thick glasses. None-the-less, there he was, hand on baton and looking up at me with those small beady eyes that looked the size of dinner plates because of the glasses.

"Excuse me sir, " he said, "but I couldn't help notice that device on your hip. Is that a detonator?"

Knowing that he was talking about my ST that was happily enjoying the ride in my belt holster, I blurted "YUP! That is my cigarette detonator!"

I thought the poor guy was going to cry as he quickly pulled out his baton and reached for the radio. I am not sure how he did it, but his eyes were now wider than the glasses!

"Hey! Don't worry about it, I was kidding. It is a personal vaporisor that is helping me to QUIT cigarettes. That's all!"

His hand waivered for a second and then slowly dropped from its attempt to grab the radio. "So what does it do then" he asked?

"I'm going to pull it out slowly and show you." I responded and slowly drew the ST from its resting place. I held it up for him to see it and went to take a drag. I could see his hands twitching, not knowing what to expect. I took a short drag and blew a cloud of vapor.

"See, nothing but water vapor. Completely harmless to you or anyone else in the store." I slowly brought my arm down and offered for him to take it from my hand so that he could inspect it.

After taking it from my hand and giving it a good working over, he handed it back and, while putting his baton away, asked if it really works. I told him it did and he smiled.

Now, normally when people smile I tend to get a warm fuzzy feeling, unless they are smiling like they want to eat the flesh from my bones. While this gentleman didn't smile THAT way, his smile was rather toothless and with the glasses and baton sitting on his belt, he made me shiver somewhat.

"Where do you get one of those things?" he asked, still smiling. "I have been trying to quit smoking for over a year and can't do it."

I smiled back and gave him a card for VaporMoon and told him this was THE best place to get one. I told him which one to get (3.7V) to start with and where to get some juice to go with it.

Still smiling he said thanks and started to walk away. As he walked away, he turned to me and said "Oh, by the way, your zipper is down!"

I set all my items down, zipped up and quickly, and left the store. It seemed Target was going to get my business that day!

Tazz

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yup, and he did it very well. I spoke to him this morning when I had to stop on the way to work to pick up some chips to go with my lunch. He is actually a very friendly guy and he said that when he gets off of his shift, he will go home and check out the ST's. As it happens, I caught him just as he walked out to take a smoke break. He told me that he told all of his smoking buddies about this device and asked if I had any more cards. I told him I didn't have any on me, but if he was going to be around tonight I would drop off a few more.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
:lol::lol::lol: Thats one brave security guard!!!!!!
Could you imagine if it really WAS a detinator- I mean, did he think you would just say yes and hand it over? ;)
Great story! Dont know if Id wanna be the one that was being watched as a possible terrorist tho! :D

I bet everyone in town will soon be e-cig users! It only takes one person to change the world in small doses....you changed him and now he will spread the word at a huge store and so on. VIVA SABER TOUCH!!!! :)

VRubin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Illinois
Lol yup, Wal Mart has loss prevention.
I used to work third shift at Wal-Turd as a stocker, one of our loss prevention people (which btw they ARE sneaky, I didn't know they existed either until I walked by the room with all the cameras and the door was left open one night lol) anyways.. one of them was a very pregnant woman.. and man could she RUN!
We also had an awesome door greeter, she was about 70 years old and had narcolepsy(sp) but I saw her take down more than one theif lol.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Imagine what could have happened if SL had named the thing The Detonator...

"Sir, is that a detonator?"
"Why, yes. Yes, it is."
(excrement impacts upon the rotating blades)
"DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!!!"
I had thoughts of names similar to that... thank goodness I stayed away from those and stuck with my son's name for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread