The Best Coil for Clouds? Explaination / Help needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Easy Vaper

Oct 4, 2015
So I am going to buy the Snow wolf 200w and allready currently own the mutation X V4.
I want to get a coil build which is going to produce awesome clouds.
I have read a lot of posts and so far I understand a few things affect the vapor:

- Surface area (thicker wire or more wires / parallel and stuff / more wraps)
- Wattage / power and lower ohm
- Heat produced (heatflux) less heat is cool vape but probably also less clouds? right?
- Heat capacity (lower is quciker is probably better)
- ofc also things like airflow wicking and stuff... but lets focus on the coil itself.

So all this stuff needs to be balanced. So with the steam engine I made a theoretical coil that is quite balanced imo. However I have no idea if its realy balanced well for clouds.

It is basically a dual - 4 strand parallel build with about 8 wraps - 26 AWG (regular A1 Kanthal)
resulting in .15 ohm. Stats:

Wire length (lr - ll) 101.6 mm
Outer diameter (⌀c+2⌀r) 3.81 mm
Neutral axis diameter 3.4 mm
Loop circumference 11.97 mm
Helix angle 7.9 °
Length of each loop 12.08 mm
Width 13.9 mm
Surface area 516.72 mm²

Resistance wire length 106.6 mm
Number of wraps 8.4
— rounded to "full wraps" 8 (0.29 Ω)
— rounded to "half wraps" 9/8 (0.3 Ω)
Resistance per coil 0.3 Ω
Heat flux @ 200W :
184 mW/mm²
Heat capacity (each coil) 179.24 mJ/K
Leg power loss 4.7 %

I need help. I realy would like to know how this coil will preform for clouds and how I could improve it.
For example.... maybe you guys think the heatflux is too low even at 200w. Or the heat capacity is too high? Surface area seems pretty big though. I do not know if you need to max out the surface area for best clouds. Please let me know how to improve this or maybe show a totally different build that provides way better clouds! :D

Thanks in advance!

manthe

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Winter Park, FL, USA
I've found (at least for me) that I get the highest vapor production using staged heating in a parallel wrap. The best vapor production I've ever got was with a 3-stage wrap (parallel) using 28, 24 and 20 - you just have to be VERY careful with your resistances with these builds. I recommend starting off with a 2-stage wrap (try 26 with 22) and I always recommend using a dual battery, parallel mech - and I ONLY use authentic Sony VTCs so I always have well over 50amps of sustained output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread