Status
Not open for further replies.

webbcm127

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
wenatchee WA
If you're going with attys, try the 901s. They run just either side of 3.0 ohms. Under 3.0 ohms they are probably going to trip the protection circuit on those protected CR2s (so it's convenient if you have another PV -- like the SB or Omega :) to use those 901s measuring under 3.0 ohms. There's no problem with the larger protected CRC123As)

so the cr123's wont fit in the BB? ive been wondering about that?

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
I would have thought an AW Protected 14670 should fit fine in the BB extended bottom section, as surely it is only a couple of mm longer (I haven't seen/tried one), and the spring should adapt for that.

I have always sold the BB extended bottom section as a separate component because most peeps want the BB as 14500 size, and the 14500 batt is also much more readily available...

nbourbaki

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Cincinnati
I'm really loving my new Silver Bullet, the build and fit and finish is first rate and it feels great in my hand. While traveling, I'm still using my e-Go batteries. I'm looking at the BB as a more travel friendly version of the SB. I guess I'll get the standard bottom tube and the extension when It comes back in stock. The only downside on the 14500 is the limited mah rating of the AW protected in that size (750mah) with the AW protected 14670 putting out 1100mah.

Harley

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
Yonder Way
Would the BB extended bottom section hold an AW Protected 14670? Any idea when the may come back in stock? Is it possible to order the BB with the extended bottom instead of the standard bottom?

Thanks

The Extended bottom Does allow you to use the !4670, I am using one right now with a low res 510 atty, They does last quite a bit longer that the AW 14500. Very nice battery... Also the custom 5v battery that is sold for the Mako & Megladon will also fit to give you 5v,,,

nbourbaki

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Cincinnati
The Extended bottom Does allow you to use the !4670, I am using one right now with a low res 510 atty, They does last quite a bit longer that the AW 14500. Very nice battery... Also the custom 5v battery that is sold for the Mako & Megladon will also fit to give you 5v,,,

Thank you very much! Very cool and excellent news. I just have to keep stalking the site for the extended bottom to become available. Getting on an airplane, I would probably just use the regular bottom and a 14500 for maximum stealth. Once off the plane, the 14670 with it's extended life just make more sense and makes the BB that much more adaptable. I appreciate the help.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
You can - Sign up to get notified when this product is back in stock
Or if for some reason it is a while before Rob gets them back in, I have them available here (shipping from UK) -
bb_sizes1.jpg

BB extended bottom section

nbourbaki

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Cincinnati
You can - Sign up to get notified when this product is back in stock
Or if for some reason it is a while before Rob gets them back in, I have them available here (shipping from UK) -
bb_sizes1.jpg

BB extended bottom section

Thanks, I've signed up for auto-notify. I hadn't seen that option before. Hopefully, it will be in stock in the near future. I've got my Darwin and Silver Bullet and a bunch of the eGo 1000mah for travel, so I think I can wait on Rob (at least for now).

Thanks again.

nbourbaki

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Cincinnati

Do you have a link for the custom 5V battery?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread