Thank you. Time for an Echo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginagab

Jul 11, 2011
Dublin, Ohio
I have learned so much and as the majority of newbies say"wish I found this forum sooner". Been smoking for 30+ years and tried everything to help me quit i finally decided to quit quitting but started reading about ecigs and was willing to give it one last try. Started vaping with Blu about 2 months ago then a week later ordered a 901 and there was a big difference. Got both manual and auto and like the ease of auto. I still smoke bout a pack of analogs bout every ten day but don't enjoy them anymore. Time for me to give them up completely and thought a new ecig would be my reward.
Have been reading about the Echo and almost hit the order button three separate times. Thought it would be a good time to stop lurking and ask for feedback My concern is the size but the benefit of an auto,not carrying around 4 attys and a charger for the office and one for home seems to win.
Is the 1300 just longer not wider? Is the echo the one or should I be looking at something else.
Would like to stick with auto and after reading the echo thread I think I will notice a big difference
in flavor. Any thoughts?
BTW. I find myself checking this forum constantly especially the deals and steals thread. Tried 7 suppliers. Some good others awful but that's a separate discussion.

GMalarkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
GA
I have an Echo myself and I love it. Very easy to use, low maintenance, great craftsmanship. The only difference in the batteries is the length. I currently use a 650 and just swap the battery out at night to charge it. O have only fully drained a battery one time, that was when I forgot to switch them and used one for a day and a half. I would recommend ordering from cropduster901.com. He has great prices and great customer service. Although I am far from an expert I would be glad to offer any assistance I can. Feel free to hit me with questions.

Ginagab

Jul 11, 2011
Dublin, Ohio
Thanks GMalarkey. I was going to order from cropduster since he seems to have good prices and has the stainless. Which color do you have. Was going to order extra cardos - one in each color so I could switch off during the day. Still haven't found an all day vape and always forget which is which.Closest I have come is vm applewood. Had carto issues with bwb but that could be 901. I did buy boge 510 with adaptor but not getting much vapor.

GMalarkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
GA
I use the stainless with the driptip. I prefer it to the rubber tip that comes with the carto. I haven't tried any 510 stuff with it though. What kind of flavor do you like? Freedomsmokesusa has some good stuff and NiteLightVapor has great prices as well. The Echo gives great vapor and flavor. The new dual coil carto's are pretty awesome, they give even more flavor but about the same vapor.

Ginagab

Jul 11, 2011
Dublin, Ohio
I just bought the 510 for the 901 because I was having problems with 901 cartos. I am going to stick with echo for echo. Ive ordered twice from Fsusa. Haven't tried nilite but read good things. Not ordering anymore till I get the echo. I think some of the ones I put aside I'll like more with the echo and I have enough to last thru any crisis,shortage,FDA scare, terrorist attack. U name it.
Is the a certain pg or vg that seems to work better. I've been getting mostly 50/50 since I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
Thanks again for your help.

GMalarkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
GA
Ha! Gotta love having a good amount of backstock. As far as mixes go some people have had problems with thicker, darker sweet juices. They seem to gunk up the carto's faster. But that goes for any of the carto's it seems. I've used 50/50, 70/30 and several others though and had no issues. General rule is more PG gives more flavor and throat hit but VG gives more vapor. So you just gotta find that mix that works well for you. I'm glad I could help, I'm a newbie as well and the people here have been an amazing help. Also Mr. Tony at Cropduster is a great help, don't hesitate to ask him questions. He is a fount of knowledge.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I just bought the 510 for the 901 because I was having problems with 901 cartos. I am going to stick with echo for echo. Ive ordered twice from Fsusa. Haven't tried nilite but read good things. Not ordering anymore till I get the echo. I think some of the ones I put aside I'll like more with the echo and I have enough to last thru any crisis,shortage,FDA scare, terrorist attack. U name it.
Is the a certain pg or vg that seems to work better. I've been getting mostly 50/50 since I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
Thanks again for your help.

I use PG juice and I have to tell you the juice makes a world of difference as far as these cartos go. No exaggeration, I'm on my third week with the same echo-e cartomizer and is still going strong. My mom's last about 1 week with her thicker dark juices.

The cartos can be cleaned and reused. I haven't tried a cleaning yet, but plan to and I'll let you know how it goes.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I've found that I don't mind carrying around a little box of parts for my pv, kinda like carrying a pack of smokes anyhow. I've got a harddrive carrying case that I carry an extra battery or two, a couple spare attys/cartos, extra liquids, etc. It's something I usually leave in my car, but all-in-all, it doesn't really feel awkward, mostly because I don't want to run out and be out in the middle of nowhere fighting the temptation to grab a pack of analogs.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Echo-e cartos are really wonderful! And they clean up easily, if you use one of these:

cartomizer cleaners

After about a week, I'll use one of these with 91% isopropyl alcohol to really get the gunk out. It's amazing what comes out, even if the carto had a clear eliquid in it. Let the carto dry for several days, if you're using anything but water, though. In my experience, the cartos come out of the process and vape like brand-new.

Ginagab

Jul 11, 2011
Dublin, Ohio
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I have been looking at the cleaner and might have to get one. It doesn't bother me to carry around supplies but I will have far less with the echo. I have had to gather the 4 attys, cartos juices etc every day. The echo should be great. I ordered one this am from cropduster and got notice an hour later it was shipped. I did look at d&b gold but he didn't carry the stainless. Ordered extra cartos. Going to try the dual coil but I'm executing the KISS approach for now

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Echo-e cartos are really wonderful! And they clean up easily, if you use one of these:

cartomizer cleaners

After about a week, I'll use one of these with 91% isopropyl alcohol to really get the gunk out. It's amazing what comes out, even if the carto had a clear eliquid in it. Let the carto dry for several days, if you're using anything but water, though. In my experience, the cartos come out of the process and vape like brand-new.

I purchased that. Can't wait to get it.

Katy

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Houston, TX
I have an Echo myself and I love it. Very easy to use, low maintenance, great craftsmanship. The only difference in the batteries is the length. I currently use a 650 and just swap the battery out at night to charge it. O have only fully drained a battery one time, that was when I forgot to switch them and used one for a day and a half. I would recommend ordering from cropduster901.com. He has great prices and great customer service. Although I am far from an expert I would be glad to offer any assistance I can. Feel free to hit me with questions.

Never heard of an Echo ... can you describe it?

Katy

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Houston, TX
Forgot to ask. Does the alcohol leave a taste?

Somewhere on the forum, it was suggested to use "Everclear." So I went to the drug store where they informed me that it was carried in liquor stores. Learned that Everclear is 100% proof Vodka. Bought a small bottle and have used that but blow it out really good. At least it doesn't leave a medicinal alcohol taste, but did notice that the bottle says "flammable" so have to be careful with it.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You know I have a couple of those cleaners. But I haven't used them with anything but water. I'll have to try the alcohol with it though. What's your method for cleaning with it?

First, don't buy those syringes with the protective coating. It's shellac or lacquer or something which alcohol will dissolve and make a sticky mess. (Guess how I know!) If you have, take a piece of religious (holey) tee-shirt, saturate it with isopropyl alcohol and scrub off the spray shellac or lacquer or whatever it is.

Second, pour about five fluid ounces of 91% isopropyl alcohol into a glass made out of glass. (Isopropyl alcohol will affect some plastics.)

Third, jam your carto into one of the two tubes that come with the kit. You jam echo-e's on via the mouthpiece end. It will fit -- you just have to be firm with it. Then attach the other end to the syringe.

Fourth, pull out the syringe plunger to suck the isopropyl alcohol through the carto, then push it back in to expel the alcohol back into the glass. Do this slowly, lest the assembly fall apart and spray alcohol all over the place. I do about 15 cycles of this out-then-in process, but that may be overkill. It's amazing how much gradoo you get out of the carto! Replace the alcohol every couple of cartos or when the alcohol changes color considerably. Experience will tell you when to do this.

Fifth, take the carto off the tube and inspect. The filler should look grayishly wet and not any other color.

Sixth, let the carto dry for a day, or sling it, battery end down, to remove most of the isopropyl alcohol. Inspect the filler again. Once you've dried it on the surface, the filler should be fluffy white, just like it looked when it was brand-new. Use a brand-new carto to compare. Also smell the filler. If the filler isn't fluffy white and/or you can still smell flavor, repeat steps three through six again.

Seventh, let the carto dry for a week to be certain all the isopropyl alcohol has evaporated. Vaping a droplet of isopropyl alcohol probably won't kill you or make you go blind, but it is profoundly nasty stuff and will ruin your new charge of eliquid. Needless to say, during the weeklong drying process, you're using another bunch of echo-e cartos.

Also, be sure to wipe the exterior of the carto and don't let it air-dry: isopropyl alcohol can cause the black paint to de-adhere. I found this out the hard way. If this does happen to you, though, all is not lost. Take a toothpick and scrape off the paint. The unpainted body of the carto is a nice brushed stainless steel which looks great on steel colored batteries and normal on most other battery colors.

Right now I'm using two sets of five echo-e cartos each. One set is in use for a week; the other set has been cleaned and is drying. The whole cleaning process takes about ten minutes for a set of five cartos. It's a Saturday morning chore which is worth doing: those cartos cost about $5.00 each. The set currently drying has been through this process six times. I haven't had to pitch an echo-e carto yet.

Hope all this helps!

Last edited:

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Somewhere on the forum, it was suggested to use "Everclear." So I went to the drug store where they informed me that it was carried in liquor stores.

Sadly, you can't buy Everclear in all states and many foreign countries. Many states and countries have rules about the maximum proof-age of liquors that can be sold legally. (Everclear is basically undiluted vodka which is close to 100% C2H5OH.) And it is much more expensive than 91% isopropyl alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread