Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I just received my kit... I never knew how cool it is to DIY (as far as ejuice goes ;) ).... I would also like to thank you for the add ons, mainly because you gave me some stuff that I wouldn't have thought of needing (DIY virgin...again as far as ejuice goes ;) )

I was so excited that I couldn't even wait to make my first test batch.. I would like to say I did a good job :D...

I feel for a beginner like me :glare: the Professional Flavors made it easier to get my feet wet....

I made a 12mg Blueberry Waffle Cheesecake sample bottle... I would have to say this is the BEST :D

Thank you gain

I also found the correspondence during my order to be quite pleasing.

LGD

Kimerpuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
CO, USA
www.OneStopDIYShop.com
Yay! I am so glad your having fun and enjoying what you make! That is the best part of having our store, hearing back from our patrons on how they feel about it and what they are making!!

The professional flavors are awesome, I love the dropper bottles! Easy for anyone to measure :)

If you need any assistance at all, please don't hesitate to ask, we are here for you!

strkaholic

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Colorado
I just received my kit... I never knew how cool it is to DIY (as far as ejuice goes ;) ).... I would also like to thank you for the add ons, mainly because you gave me some stuff that I wouldn't have thought of needing (DIY virgin...again as far as ejuice goes ;) )

I was so excited that I couldn't even wait to make my first test batch.. I would like to say I did a good job :D...

I feel for a beginner like me :glare: the Professional Flavors made it easier to get my feet wet....

I made a 12mg Blueberry Waffle Cheesecake sample bottle... I would have to say this is the BEST :D

Thank you gain

I also found the correspondence during my order to be quite pleasing.

LGD

They are just awesome! They really made it easy for me to decide to do DIY. I"m still experimenting, but I've been able to make some yummy liquids. I'm starting really small though so I get it down before I try making larger quantities and because I don't want to waste a single drop..LOL. I had some equipment problems the last few days and was so frustrated that I put everything away but now that I at least now what was wrong, I'm ready to go again. I need to get some Ethyl Maltol and I'll be all set as I think one or two of the liquids I made would benefit from a little sweetner.

Shane and Kimberly are incredibly helpful and their products are outstanding!

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I have a question with the Professional Flavoring verses the flavoring like the Loranns ...

I am assuming the concetration is different.. but what would be the amount comparison be....

meaning
(same flavor)
X drops of LorAnns = Y drops of Profesional Flavoring which would acheive the same desired potency of taste when adding to my mix.

It answer for X and Y does not need to be exact (I will figure that out :D ) I would just like to know a general idea of the differences in mixing with the two....

Wow... mixology is way different than technology :D... technology being the easy part (for me). :D

strkaholic

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Colorado
I have a question with the Professional Flavoring verses the flavoring like the Loranns ...

I am assuming the concetration is different.. but what would be the amount comparison be....

meaning
(same flavor)
X drops of LorAnns = Y drops of Profesional Flavoring which would acheive the same desired potency of taste when adding to my mix.

It answer for X and Y does not need to be exact (I will figure that out :D ) I would just like to know a general idea of the differences in mixing with the two....

Wow... mixology is way different than technology :D... technology being the easy part (for me). :D

LOL..technololgy is so much fun, but so is this. I'm having fun just thinking of the different flavors I could put together.

I sure don't know the answers but want to know as well. I only got one Loraan's flavor with the rest being the Professional flavors and I love those. I can't wait to get them all. I also want to try the Flavour Art which I've heard can be really potent so mixing with those will be interesting and fun.

Kimerpuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
CO, USA
www.OneStopDIYShop.com
As far as Loranns vs the Professional flavors in general they are pretty close to potency.
There are always exceptions, I think the Professional Coffee flavor for example is stronger then the Loranns. Now remember also taste is subjective!

The Flavour Art flavors are SUPER strong! Here you would want to start at one drop per 5ml of mix where Loranns/Professional you would start with about 1ml of flavor per 5ml of mix as a general rule.

Hope that shows the difference in potency! hehe

We always suggest, when upping the flavor do it a drop at a time and test!
Your taste buds will get over whelmed and its hard to tell the diffrence. When this happens, eat a plain jane cracker to refresh your taste buds between testing. I should take some time to do a palate post soon, its makes a world of difference when your working on a receipe.

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've found the concentration of the flavors to all be off from one another, flavor to flavor and even brand to brand. Black Cherry is much stronger than Milk Chocolate (both Professional Flavor lines), for example. The same could be said for Cherry and Marshmallow (both LorAnn lines).

While it would be great to have a consistent ratio to use for all of the flavors by a particular brand, it's not possible (without requesting custom concentrations, which would require a large MOQ to get).

It's best to go with your taste buds and determine the potency of each flavor and find the proper ratio to your liking.

The good news is, you can always add more flavoring if it's too weak. Start weaker, and add more drops if needed. Make a spreadsheet to note the flavor concentrations, and refer back to it when mixing up your liquids.

Of course, one batch of 20% LorAnn Cherry flavored liquid was a good enough reminder for me! 8-o

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
@ Kim Thanks that was what I was wanting to see. I know taste is subjective, and it's all approximates, I now have the courage to try out more of your flavoring ..

Thanks for the tip about the crackers..I don't mind eating plain janes from time to time :drool:
I've found the concentration of the flavors to all be off from one another, flavor to flavor and even brand to brand. Black Cherry is much stronger than Milk Chocolate (both Professional Flavor lines), for example. The same could be said for Cherry and Marshmallow (both LorAnn lines).

While it would be great to have a consistent ratio to use for all of the flavors by a particular brand, it's not possible (without requesting custom concentrations, which would require a large MOQ to get).

It's best to go with your taste buds and determine the potency of each flavor and find the proper ratio to your liking.

The good news is, you can always add more flavoring if it's too weak. Start weaker, and add more drops if needed. Make a spreadsheet to note the flavor concentrations, and refer back to it when mixing up your liquids.

Of course, one batch of 20% LorAnn Cherry flavored liquid was a good enough reminder for me! 8-o

weaker *check*
don't do 20% LorAnn Cherry *check*

I think I got it now... Thanks.... after this weekend of mixology-ing (my word :p ) I will have to contiplate my next purchase :D

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I think I got it now... Thanks.... after this weekend of mixology-ing (my word :p ) I will have to contiplate my next purchase :D

Do you like tobacco flavors? If so, our FlavourArt brand tobacco flavorings are extremely potent, and have a nice rich flavor.

I am a big fan of the Desert Ship myself, it could be my all day vape if I didn't already have a few all day vapes :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread