Tfv4 vertical build in single rba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huls

Feb 4, 2015
Surrey BC Canada
I saw this video where this guy built a vertical coil in a tfv4 single coil rebuildable atomizer base. So I thought I would try it. The way he wicked it I didn't like to much so I tried a different way. Thought I would share it with you all, feel free to comment let me know what you think. I find it quite good.

I used 24 gauge kanthal on a 3mm bit, I did 7 wraps slightly spaced, have one lead coming at 12 o'clock, and the other at 3 o'clock. Also I have the old single coil rba base, I'm sure you could do it on the new one, might have to sink the coil closer to the air hole. With the old one put the top lead on the negative hole, that way you have more room on the larger positive block with less worries of touching the base and shorting. Also... Leave enough room on the top lead going down to be able to slip a strip of cotton threw it. I used the holes in the deck, not under the screws.

Cut 2 strip of Japanese cotton the hight of the coil. I took off the ware layers, place one strip threw the top lead next to the coil, half way point them up ⬆ and put on the chimney section. Take the two sticking up and bend them back so you can see one of the juice holes from the top, cut the other strip of cotton in half, put one of the halves in the space on top of the juice hole making sure that whole section beside the air hole is covered, repeat for the other side. Separate the 2 sticking out the top and lightly pac one of them around the coil, might have to cut it down a bit, then do the other half, deffenatly have to cut that one down.

Pre soak the cotton with juice. Take a syringe needle gently insert it in the juice holes, no more than half way up, making a channel for juice to go up and make wicking easier, thinking you might not have to do this cause it wicks really good almost to good.

One thing to watch out for... Don't put the coil to high up, want the top of the cotton not too close to the upper chimney threads. Or you be drinking juice, just under a quarter inch., wana see the sides of the chimney section before you screw it in.

Should mention wicks great, and doesn't leak a drop. With .60 ohm build easily do 50 watts plus on a single coil. Starts to get hot at 50 watts. Airflow I find perfect for me, Flavor is better than the duel rba base,

Last edited:

Huls

Feb 4, 2015
Surrey BC Canada
I was thinking about trying this vertical coil, too. I saw the video on YouTube. I'm new to building, so I don't know if I'll try it just yet.

Yeah don't bother, it just wicks way to fast, even if you stuff it tight, there is no stopper on the top so when you fill it's just flooded. Real good when it's not flooded. Hope they make a rebuildable virt base some day soon.

Reactions: greasegizzard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread