Test Sample Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question that hasn't been answered by looking or searching (search term skills are not the best) the threads. I understand when formulating a new ejuice recipe that it is best if only a 3-5ml test sample is developed. There is little or no ejuice wasted. My question is with the tasting. I have two Russian 91s (original developer), one Kayfun clone by Tobeco, two Kanger tanks (I&II), and some sort of clearomizer for an Ego. I hate to think that I must tear down any tank or clearomizer, clean/dry burn, and replace/wash the wick to ensure the tested sample is "pristine" without cross contamination. This would seem to become trying when 5-10 test samples of small formulation variation and/or steep times are under development.

So my question for the DIYer; what would be recommended for sample testing?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I use a cheap atty and put a small amount of cotton in it. I test my flavor then remove the cotton and rinse with water. Then I dry burn and load in more cotton and then it's on to the next sample. Takes all of 2 minutes to do. The problem with that though is it only gives you an idea of how your vape is coming along but the taste from device to device is very different. What I mean is the taste of a vape varies from device to device, taste from a kayfun is very different then the taste from a kanger protank or an atty or a cotton filled carto. So when you think your there the final taste test needs to be done in the device you normally vape with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread