Tesla Mods - feedback from people that own one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I was checking out a Nano that is supposed to be released on 2/5 but really don't know much about Tesla quality and wanted to get some feedback.

And I'm asking about Tesla overall not this particular device.

Tesla Nano 60W TC
Colors: Black | Blue | Silver
Material: Zinc Alloy
Dimensions: 70 * 52 * 25mm
Battery: Dual Internal LiPo batteries
Capacity: 3600mAh
Max Output Voltage: 8V
Max Output Current: 24.5A
Resistance Range: 0.1 – 3.5Ω (VW Mode) | 0.05 – 1.0Ω (TC Mode)
Temperature Range: 100 – 300℃/200 – 600℉

Tesla Nano 60W TC & Tornado Kit (ETA: Feb. 5,2016) | VapoRider

tesla.png

teslaV2.png

teslaV3.png

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I own a tesla one battery. As far as usage, it is what it is, pretty much a mech with built in charger, side button, and protection(s)

Only con I can say for the specific model, is the 510 threading. It's chromed brass and semi shallow with the threading, most attys I own don't seat fully down so I keep it paired with my orchid that sits perfectly flush.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
Appreciate the feedback ThaFuzz! I have a bunch of STM's already.

Did you just use tanks on it or did you drip on it too?
Never or very rarely used a tank on it drippers almost exclusively. If anything flooded it i couldnt tell. But it did do a tour with a mutation x v4(leaky ....)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Reactions: r77r7r

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I got a tesla nano 100w last week, is my 1st tesla mod, I got the copper steampunk one, and the body looks awesome on it, really nice finish, it does have a rattley fire button, not a huge con to me, as don't sit there shaking it, but what does bother me, is the firing delay, hate mods that have a firing delay, and if known that before I bought, I wouldn't of bought it.

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    The Nano got delivered this morning and I dropped a Crown with a .25 ohm coil on it to take it for a spin. So far here are my thoughts.
    • About the size of the iStick 50W but it has a little more weight
    • The overall finish of the device it pretty nice, buttons are clicky and firm with no rattling
    • The screen is bright and easy to read
    • The menu is simple to navigate
    • Overall it feels good in my hand, it will be a stealth device for sure
    • As someone mention the 510 is a little suspect. When you start to screw a atty on it's a little sloppy. You get some wobble. The deeper the 510 connection gets seated into the device it gets better. I will have to be careful when putting a topper on this device.
    • The coil came in at .23 on this device. On my meter and two other devices it came in at .26
    • I don't notice any delay when I hit the fire button.
    If the 510 holds up this is a decent little device for the price point. My camera sucks (or my picture taking skills) but here is a shot of the device in hand.

tesla.png

Reactions: Nailz

izen

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2013
    Northeast
    I like the aesthetics and size of that Tesla. A good looking little mod. Personally, I'm psychologically allergic to mods with proprietary (built-in) batteries. I discovered this affliction during my time spent with an iStick50. As much as it was enjoyed, it was released back into the market before signs of WAT (wear and tear) set in. Hope you don't have a similar reaction. :) That one looks great; probably better with a dripper on top. GL with it.

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I have iStick 50's in my rotation and love them so the Telsa will be just fine. These work out well for me on road trips when I don't want to lug around batteries. They can be charged from a wall jack and any cigarette lighter so they are super convenient. Two of the iSticks are over a year old and have been very reliable.

And drippers look better on my mechs and I don't have to worry about liquid hitting electrical components.

Last edited:
    Reactions: roxynoodle

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2015
    The Nano got delivered this morning and I dropped a Crown with a .25 ohm coil on it to take it for a spin. So far here are my thoughts.
    • About the size of the iStick 50W but it has a little more weight
    • The overall finish of the device it pretty nice, buttons are clicky and firm with no rattling
    • The screen is bright and easy to read
    • The menu is simple to navigate
    • Overall it feels good in my hand, it will be a stealth device for sure
    • As someone mention the 510 is a little suspect. When you start to screw a atty on it's a little sloppy. You get some wobble. The deeper the 510 connection gets seated into the device it gets better. I will have to be careful when putting a topper on this device.
    • The coil came in at .23 on this device. On my meter and two other devices it came in at .26
    • I don't notice any delay when I hit the fire button.
    If the 510 holds up this is a decent little device for the price point. My camera sucks (or my picture taking skills) but here is a shot of the device in hand.

View attachment 528673
    Does it let you adjust max wattage in temp mode?
    Does it support custom TCR values?
    Does it have power boost feature?
    Firmware upgradability?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread