TERRIBLE taste in my 510 atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywalk

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Malaysia
I steamed my atty to get rid of the menthol taste, but now it has a really nasty taste with all my juices. I can't describe it...not burnt though.
just stale, or like unwashed fabric, with a metallic undertone.

I just steamed it again and the taste is still there. can anyone shed some light onto what I might have done wrong, and how to fix it please? thanks

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
that problem mostly of th etime comes after cleaning. the 510 needs a lot more than 3 drops to reprime after washing. for this cases i have a bottle pure PG. i soak the atomizers with at least 10 drops, let it sit a few hours and blow it all out. 3 drops liquid on it, fresh cart and good to go again.

the pure pg seems to take some bad tastes with it this way.

Ken Mcp

Moved On
Jan 9, 2010
colorado
Today -- at work i was smoking on my 510 w/manual Mega battery. With a Full Cart of Halo Juice . Layed down my 510 for about 6 mns or so ..... Picked it back up!! HOLY HELL!! It was running by itself for 6mns and still running when i hit it last!!! SO .......KIN HOT!!! I Couldn't Unscrew the Atomizer!!- Or even Hold it!! Burning ! These batteries have No cut off ! So alls i did was hit the Manual Battery Button and it and it stopped !!! ?? Weird! So after about 3 mns of No more Sizzzling - I finally unscrewed the ATTY and the KART and Juice was bone DRY !!- So i washed out my atomizer under warm water - Blew in and out from both Ends for about 2mns non stop to clean out- Dried it for 3 mns .. Cleaned off battery head with alchohol. (Sealed battery). And redripped 2 drops on ATTY Put on a Fresh Cart with Juice - BACK IN BUSINESS!! No Burnt taste at all. Suprised the heck outa me too - i thought it was a GONER !!!!! hehe

Last edited:
OK, so it's not just me .. had that happen three or four times with one of the manual Mega's I got from madvapes. Freaked me out the first time it happened, tho so far I've been lucky enough to catch it (.. crap, there it goes again...) pretty quick. Yeah, hitting the button again stops it. LED is off too, which puzzles me.

Anyone know what's up with this? Doesn't seem right to me, even though I'm just a n00b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread