TCR of Kantha Coil???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Well, I know the Aegis max 100 does TCR for Kanthal.

Where are you reading that??? Please post your sources.

And no, it does not. You cannot use kanthal for TC/TCR vaping on your Aegis mod. Kanthal is not a supported wire type.

TC and TCR modes are strictly for temperature control vaping. They are not intended for use with non-supported wire types... such as kanthal or Ni80.

Is an Aegis Max 100 a Mechanical Device?

The GeekVape Aegis Max 100 - - - IS NOT - - - a mechanical device.

You cannot do TC/TCR on a mech mod - - - it is not possible.

Your Aegis Max 100 is a regulated mod.

But more importantly what is the general TCR of a Kanthal coil if there be an answer in general.

You previously started 3 threads on this very same topic. Those were merged into your first thread by an ECF administrator. Why a fourth thread asking the same questions???

Look in your Aegis Max 100 user manual. GeekVape very clearly states the following for "Supporting coil material"...

Supporting general coil and three kinds of temperature-controlled coil:
Nickel 200 (NI) / Titanium (TI) / Stainless steel (SS)

Those are the ONLY wire types the Aegis mods support for TC or TCR modes.

If you want to use your mod in either TC or TCR mode then you need to use one of the three supported wire types. :greengrin:

ComplexityVape

Dec 3, 2022
Where are you reading that??? Please post your sources.

And no, it does not. You cannot use kanthal for TC/TCR vaping on your Aegis mod. Kanthal is not a supported wire type.

TC and TCR modes are strictly for temperature control vaping. They are not intended for use with non-supported wire types... such as kanthal or Ni80.

The GeekVape Aegis Max 100 - - - IS NOT - - - a mechanical device.

You cannot do TC/TCR on a mech mod - - - it is not possible.

Your Aegis Max 100 is a regulated mod.

You previously started 3 threads on this very same topic. Those were merged into your first thread by an ECF administrator. Why a fourth thread asking the same questions???

Look in your Aegis Max 100 user manual. GeekVape very clearly states the following for "Supporting coil material"...

Supporting general coil and three kinds of temperature-controlled coil:
Nickel 200 (NI) / Titanium (TI) / Stainless steel (SS)

Those are the ONLY wire types the Aegis mods support for TC or TCR modes.

If you want to use your mod in either TC or TCR mode then you need to use one of the three supported wire types. :greengrin:
I can vape a Kanthal on my TCR even though you say I cannot do it although safety should be a big issue. If you type in Kanthal temperature coefficient resistances on bing it pulls up some Kanthal websites. It says the Kanthal Temperature Coefficient Resistance is equal to the Ohm of the coil and gives a formula state this showing how low the temperature coefficient resistance is. It equal to the Ohms you running and minutely higher. Not even to raise one digit though. Whether it is safe Kanthal on my Aegis Max is one of question because it allows me to vape it still. Whether it is a Mechanical or Hybrid I know not but I can pull drags from a Kanthal coil and get a vapor. The temperature coefficient resistance is equivalent to about 1.6 because i doing a 1.6 coil on it soon. I want doing a 1.2ohm coil and it pulls drags clouds just fine. How accurate putting in 1 or 2 for TCR is one of question. They need to run points like .05 on TCR then there is more reason to believe Kanthal is a suitable coil to do TCR function at least possible. Right I would question the safety of s temperature coefficient resistance that is in accurate by about .4 if put in 2 for the temperature coefficient resistance. Read up on it in studies regularly on reviews of temperature suites and Kanthal coil some say it more accurate but considering all the mid- and dis- information out is it trust worthy would Vape companies lie to us or are they ignorant? I am not sure I will use a Kanthal without closely examining the possibility futher and coming to an unbiased assessment and then deciding. Still the mods works with a Kanthal coil but how safe is the question is it. Considering it and if I get answers from certain people then I might vape it. Allows I know on the TCR mode I can vapor from a Kanthal coil. Whether i like to burn the cotton wicking remain to be seen. I have never been a fan of a Temperature Control Suite except long lasting coils but ignorant on how to use it. Therefore I do not use it. Better safe than sorry for do what is harmful mentally and physically and sometimes spiritually.
You all right for being skeptical that Kanthal can be vaped.
Any way Happy Holidays!!!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
You clearly have been given WRONG information.

I would like to SEE your sources for what you are claiming. Post those in this thread.

I just used Bing and used your search "Kanthal temperature coefficient resistances". Nowhere does it state that kanthal is used, or can be used, for TC vaping.

I could not find where it states the Temperature Coefficient of Resistance equals the ohms of your coil. That's 100% BS........... and wrong!!! You do not understand TCR.

Read up on it in studies regularly on reviews of temperature suites and Kanthal coil some say it more accurate but considering all the mid- and dis- information out is it trust worthy would Vape companies lie to us or are they ignorant?
That's absurd and completely hilarious on multiple levels. Vape companies lying to us regarding supported TC wire types??? That's totally laughable. I think you are taking the whole political misinformation and disinformation to an ultimate extreme. :lol:

Evolv created temperature control vaping in 2014. Don't believe me? Bing it, Google it, DuckDuckGo it or even Yahoo it.

I suggest you head on over to the Evolv forum and ask your "kanthal" question there. They will set you straight once and for all.

It's very clear to me that you have no understanding of Temperature Control (TC) or the Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR) whatsoever.

Kanthal is NOT a temperature control wire. That's the TRUE and FACTUAL bottom line. There is no misinformation regarding that fact!!!

I've been vaping in temp control for years. Over the years I've acquired much knowledge on all things TC.

You only started vaping when? Oh yeah, April 2022........ 7 months.

You have much to learn about TC. I would suggest reading up on all things TC before coming on a vape forum, where there are very knowledgeable people with tons of experience, and posting nonsense that you somehow "feel" is factual.

By your own admission you are "ignorant" with temp control. Yet you are insistent that kanthal is a supported TC wire with your mod.

Like I said........... please post the links you found stating kanthal is supported and can be used with temperature control.

I'll wait.................................................................

:greengrin:

Last edited:

ComplexityVape

Dec 3, 2022
You clearly have been given WRONG information.

I would like to SEE your sources for what you are claiming. Post those in this thread.

I just used Bing and used your search "Kanthal temperature coefficient resistances". Nowhere does it state that kanthal is used, or can be used, for TC vaping.

I could not find where it states the Temperature Coefficient of Resistance equals the ohms of your coil. That's 100% BS........... and wrong!!! You do not understand TCR.

That's absurd and completely hilarious on multiple levels. Vape companies lying to us regarding supported TC wire types??? That's totally laughable. I think you are taking the whole political misinformation and disinformation to an ultimate extreme. :lol:

Evolv created temperature control vaping in 2014. Don't believe me? Bing it, Google it, DuckDuckGo it or even Yahoo it.

I suggest you head on over to the Evolv forum and ask your "kanthal" question there. They will set you straight once and for all.

It's very clear to me that you have no understanding of Temperature Control (TC) or the Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR) whatsoever.

Kanthal is NOT a temperature control wire. That's the TRUE and FACTUAL bottom line. There is no misinformation regarding that fact!!!

I've been vaping in temp control for years. Over the years I've acquired much knowledge on all things TC.

You only started vaping when? Oh yeah, April 2022........ 7 months.

You have much to learn about TC. I would suggest reading up on all things TC before coming on a vape forum, where there are very knowledgeable people with tons of experience, and posting nonsense that you somehow "feel" is factual.

By your own admission you are "ignorant" with temp control. Yet you are insistent that kanthal is a supported TC wire with your mod.

Like I said........... please post the links you found stating kanthal is supported and can be used with temperature control.

I'll wait.................................................................

:greengrin:
I dug deep in my search because I even checked out the Kanthal Websites that showed 26 ohm heating units and there formula for Temperature Coefficient Resistance of the 26 ohm on the heating unit. We are two clearly different kinds of thinkers. I suppose your way of thinking is safer though considering TCR mode is nothing to abuse and use wrongfully lead to battery explosion. Any way the formula for 26 ohm rod that take more than a 2800 mAH battery to heat up is different from a 1.6 ohm coil but the number plug in should still be very similar as to how big of jump the Temperature Coefficient Resistance would. I do not expect you to look it up because it took over a hour of my searching to find a website that showed the TCR of a 26 ohm coil in a heater. It was a website that was labeled with Kanthal in it with a bunch of numbers and letters after the word to pull up the web pages. Your welcome to believe what you want. Any way thanks for your concern telling that I am BS-er. Not sense in being dishonest when it comes to vaping. It always better to play it safe if you have looked at the information yourself and vaping intelligently then one should not do it. Hopefully in a couple years they come out with a TCR that one can put 1.6 for TCR then a 1.6 ohm Kanthal coil is safe to use TCR and not really otherwise. Still my Aegis Max 100 will give me some puff clouds if put a Kanthal in it and vape it on TCR mode but i would not exactly call that safe vaping so i do not do it.
Hope you go dig deep in you research not looking for the superficial information when it comes to vaping. I find if I do a nicotine salt I carry over two packs of cigarette vape in my tank as long as i puffing on it like a cigarette. What the big fuss with everyone trying to produce big clouds when less vapor is healthier than a lot vapor with the same nicotine level in the vapor inhaled. One goes through more ejuice if they are doing big could costing more money for vape juice. My pockets are not that deep that I can go through two plus bottles of 125 milliliters of 3 milligrams per milliliter vape juice. When a 125 milliliter bottle vape juice can last over two months that the style of vape I want to do. $22.00 of vape juice vaped every two month. It cheaper than cigarettes.
Merry Christmas
Hope you get present where you learn to dig deep for information not being satisfied by superficial search.
Take care

• Haha
Reactions: ShamrockPat

ComplexityVape

Dec 3, 2022
I didn't even know that Kanthal wire have an official website, what about Nichrome? :lol:
Sounds like similar coil to Kanthal substances. I did many searches for TCR on Kanthal coils rewording my searches ten to fifteen times and pull a website up on Kanthal coils for heaters and TCR. It gave an example of a 26 ohm Kanthal coil for and the approximate TCR which was a long .0000something something more. The TCR was equivalent to the Ohms but a silver higher more that 26 ohm but less than 26.1 ohms. It was an example to figure out TCR. Of course 1.6ohm and 26ohm are entirely different ball parks and the same laws might not govern them. It like temperature -40 degrees celsius is the same as -40 degrees Fahrenheit but below or above that the temperatures changes even considerably. I do not know much about Heating Coils and I cannot not help but wonder if 1.6 ohm coil and 26 ohm coil are governed by the same laws of TCR. If it is when Temperature Control Suite can put in a .23 and 1.6 then TCR might be possible for a Kanthal coil but not really otherwise without burning the coil and maybe confusing the heck out of the mod and battery. Until then I will not do a TCR on my Kanthal coils. I do know on my Geekvape Aegis Max 100 I can put it on TCR and vape a Kanthal coil but the question that sets at the back my mind is how safe it is for the mod and battery and how accurate a TCR mode can be for a Kanthal. At any rate sounds like the coil you looking up is also in a Kanthal or who knows maybe basically a Kanthal. I ran in some word like that studying the TCR of Kanthal coils because it told me what it was made of as a metal but I was more interested in the TCR than to remember exactly what a Kanthal coil was made of as a metal. Some type of alloy of different mental that is highly stable they use big Kanthal Coil in room heater with not much change in the stability of coil to change. Currently mods are really designed for Kanthal coils because the TCR is accurate enough giving .01 accuracy. As soon as mods have that capability then Kanthal might have a TRC.
Well peace you friend. Solitude can be hard but necessary around people who are genuinely lost. But hey who knows how many vapors are lost too. Never underestimate the value of some sincerely studying the Word of God with Genuineness not going over board. It is a difficult thing to do but hey if study the Word of God and dig deep it benefits with herbal medicine of good herbalist which are few.
Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Sounds like similar coil to Kanthal substances. I did many searches for TCR on Kanthal coils rewording my searches ten to fifteen times and pull a website up on Kanthal coils for heaters and TCR. It gave an example of a 26 ohm Kanthal coil for and the approximate TCR which was a long .0000something something more. The TCR was equivalent to the Ohms but a silver higher more that 26 ohm but less than 26.1 ohms. It was an example to figure out TCR. Of course 1.6ohm and 26ohm are entirely different ball parks and the same laws might not govern them. It like temperature -40 degrees celsius is the same as -40 degrees Fahrenheit but below or above that the temperatures changes even considerably. I do not know much about Heating Coils and I cannot not help but wonder if 1.6 ohm coil and 26 ohm coil are governed by the same laws of TCR. If it is when Temperature Control Suite can put in a .23 and 1.6 then TCR might be possible for a Kanthal coil but not really otherwise without burning the coil and maybe confusing the heck out of the mod and battery. Until then I will not do a TCR on my Kanthal coils. I do know on my Geekvape Aegis Max 100 I can put it on TCR and vape a Kanthal coil but the question that sets at the back my mind is how safe it is for the mod and battery and how accurate a TCR mode can be for a Kanthal. At any rate sounds like the coil you looking up is also in a Kanthal or who knows maybe basically a Kanthal. I ran in some word like that studying the TCR of Kanthal coils because it told me what it was made of as a metal but I was more interested in the TCR than to remember exactly what a Kanthal coil was made of as a metal. Some type of alloy of different mental that is highly stable they use big Kanthal Coil in room heater with not much change in the stability of coil to change. Currently mods are really designed for Kanthal coils because the TCR is accurate enough giving .01 accuracy. As soon as mods have that capability then Kanthal might have a TRC.
    Well peace you friend. Solitude can be hard but necessary around people who are genuinely lost. But hey who knows how many vapors are lost too. Never underestimate the value of some sincerely studying the Word of God with Genuineness not going over board. It is a difficult thing to do but hey if study the Word of God and dig deep it benefits with herbal medicine of good herbalist which are few.
    Have a Merry Christmas!!!
    It does seem like you are very much lost with everything there and I do strongly suggest that you do more homework on the subject!
    Have fun trying though :thumb:

• Winner
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I dug deep in my search because I even checked out the Kanthal Websites that showed 26 ohm heating units and there formula for Temperature Coefficient Resistance of the 26 ohm on the heating unit. We are two clearly different kinds of thinkers. I suppose your way of thinking is safer though considering TCR mode is nothing to abuse and use wrongfully lead to battery explosion. Any way the formula for 26 ohm rod that take more than a 2800 mAH battery to heat up is different from a 1.6 ohm coil but the number plug in should still be very similar as to how big of jump the Temperature Coefficient Resistance would. I do not expect you to look it up because it took over a hour of my searching to find a website that showed the TCR of a 26 ohm coil in a heater. It was a website that was labeled with Kanthal in it with a bunch of numbers and letters after the word to pull up the web pages. Your welcome to believe what you want. Any way thanks for your concern telling that I am BS-er. Not sense in being dishonest when it comes to vaping. It always better to play it safe if you have looked at the information yourself and vaping intelligently then one should not do it. Hopefully in a couple years they come out with a TCR that one can put 1.6 for TCR then a 1.6 ohm Kanthal coil is safe to use TCR and not really otherwise. Still my Aegis Max 100 will give me some puff clouds if put a Kanthal in it and vape it on TCR mode but i would not exactly call that safe vaping so i do not do it.
    Hope you go dig deep in you research not looking for the superficial information when it comes to vaping. I find if I do a nicotine salt I carry over two packs of cigarette vape in my tank as long as i puffing on it like a cigarette. What the big fuss with everyone trying to produce big clouds when less vapor is healthier than a lot vapor with the same nicotine level in the vapor inhaled. One goes through more ejuice if they are doing big could costing more money for vape juice. My pockets are not that deep that I can go through two plus bottles of 125 milliliters of 3 milligrams per milliliter vape juice. When a 125 milliliter bottle vape juice can last over two months that the style of vape I want to do. $22.00 of vape juice vaped every two month. It cheaper than cigarettes.
    Merry Christmas
    Hope you get present where you learn to dig deep for information not being satisfied by superficial search.
    Take care

So you are unable to post any sources (actual website links) to support your claims. I am not surprised.

At this point you are just digging yourself into a deeper hole full of complete and utter nonsense that has nothing whatsoever to do with actual temperature control vaping.
    I mean, damn, come on man. :greengrin:

I suggest you start with learning the very basics of temperature control.

vape what is temperature control ---> results courtesy of Bing.

Once you learn the basics of TC then learn about Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR).
    Bear in mind, a good majority of the folks using TC will never need to tweak, or use, TCR values.

vape what is temperature coefficient of resistance ---> results courtesy of Google.

You could have saved yourself hours of searching by simply asking........

can i use kanthal in temperature control ---> results courtesy of DuckDuckGo.

The results in that link ^^^^^^ explain it all concisely and rather quickly.

Forget the TCR value of kanthal (which BTW is very low). There are many explanations "out there" for WHY kanthal cannot be used with TC. I explained some of that in your other thread.

Forget that kanthal is not a supported wire in your Aegis mod. The question I have is if you don't like TC, and prefer simple wattage mode, then why have you spent all this time chasing after a unicorn that does not exist???

Furthermore, I would like to know exactly how you went about entering 1.6 ohms into the TCR settings on your Aegis mod. You can't. How do I know? Well....... because I have an Aegis mod sitting in front of me. I am very familiar with using TCR settings on the Aegis. :greengrin:

To be fair, I only know of one company who made a mod that supported TC using kanthal. Hohm Wrecker made a mod that supported using Kanthal NiCr wire. Kanthal NiCr wire is not the same as basic kanthal wire. Kanthal NiCr is not a supported wire for TC with any of the Aegis mods.

Sure you might be able to get a vape in TC using kanthal. But it will never be a true temperature controlled vape - - - no way, it ain't happening. And you will not find any information "out there" that can dispute that.

The firmware on the board in your Aegis mod will not recognize an unsupported wire for TC. TC requires a supported wire type. Kanthal is not supported. GeekVape setup TC in your Aegis mod to function properly with the common TCR values set in the firmware for the three wire types I mentioned in my post earlier.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Never underestimate the value of some sincerely studying the Word of God with Genuineness not going over board. It is a difficult thing to do but hey if study the Word of God and dig deep it benefits with herbal medicine of good herbalist which are few.

You might like to know, we are not a word of god or a religious forum. We are a vaping forum.

If you would like to talk about things of a religious nature I would suggest heading to the proper sub-forum. The Lounge. Or I would even suggest the Outside sub-forum.

At any rate, enjoy your holiday. :thumb:

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Perhaps this website is one of those referenced by the OP in their research?
    Screenshot_20221206-190551.png

ComplexityVape

Dec 3, 2022
    It does seem like you are very much lost with everything there and I do strongly suggest that you do more homework on the subject!
    Have fun trying though :thumb:
    Sometimes I show beyond a shadow of doubt I can be a real moronos. I had a keratotomy in the nineties the doctor hit an ocular nerve vein vessel it really mess me up and I start led getting in Hinduism, Wicca, and Buddhism it leads me to objects disappear and reappearing and the belief I was time traveling as well as that I believe that I could not prove I was in the same universe every day with such changed in demeanors memories of people. Christ Jesus eventually gave me my life back after I read Isaiah 66:1-4 it put thing in to perspective as to what was happening to me. God’s Word the Bible is about the One True Living God and the way He set up the universe to work showing us what is coming down the pipe before it happens. I am nothing special in fact i am inferior as to what a sound Jew or Christian really is. God does not show respects to person whether we have right in relation to each is a different reality in this nation. Good can assay us at any time offer us always a way out but the Dark Ignorant and Wicked Angels i have the ability to communicate with are something else than God like and righteous. Any way nothing to be to worried about I suppose. Good ground is soon to be here unimpeded by the devil then will have to choose at the end of the Day of the Lord when ignorance is not an excuse. Any way faithful and obedient the Day of the Lord will be better than that perfect vaping experience where we are real calm. Feast of turbanacles will be fun and it is necessary to the former rain and later rain of the Lord. Sure Hindus and Buddhists can be really good people but they never had a real chance to study God’s Word more than like. The Millennium is soon to be here by 2068. Though I might pass before it gets i will be there but I will get judge before hand. Hopefully i make on right hand side if I pass before the millennium.
    Currently i must vape because I can find my way out of my addiction to nicotine. I plan to do nicotine salts to see if i an vape then with bad effects on my throat and lungs. Little puff puff is enough and a whole two packs cigarettes and quarter in the vape tank. Sound like the way to go. Conservative on the vapor but high on the nicotine level. I figure i will get about .08 milligrams of nicotine a hit but I might need more than 18 milligrams of nicotine a milliliter because I get a lot more than 200 puff per milliliter which 200 puff makes .09 milliliters or less if more than 200 per Milliliter. Christmas is a good holiday. If not about the pagan devil Santa Clause. Of course those that want to receive gifts and believe in Santa would think I am crazy. And hope did not offend. Things are crazy on this planet really crazy here in the USA. Government is the problem and who is being elected for Representatives and Senate. I think it’s rigid. I am not going to select between a evil and a lesser evil. I pick neither.
    Hope you have a Merry Christmas and God Bless you all in some way for start this wonderful website. Sometimes I get lost when i typing. Take care

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread