Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
U.S.A home of the free, not how it looks to many of us outside looks more like a quasi soviet state bit sad to see to be honest people trying to do something positive for themselves and getting trampled underfoot. What's really bad is I have a feeling once one country goes down the stupid route the dominoes will fall in others, something has gone seriously wrong in the western world.

Seeing how they cant seem to stop the mexican pharmacies from filling up my inbox i personally have no fear and actually welcome a ban on crap like vuse lol

I dont know of too many countries that would, say, ban automatic weapons yet still let someone like me buy all the parts to build one online

People are scared becuase they need something to fear

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
U.S.A home of the free, not how it looks to many of us outside looks more like a quasi soviet state bit sad to see to be honest people trying to do something positive for themselves and getting trampled underfoot. What's really bad is I have a feeling once one country goes down the stupid route the dominoes will fall in others, something has gone seriously wrong in the western world.

Nothing of significance has even passed...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Seeing how they cant seem to stop the mexican pharmacies from filling up my inbox i personally have no fear and actually welcome a ban on crap like vuse lol

I dont know of too many countries that would, say, ban automatic weapons yet still let someone like me buy all the parts to build one online

People are scared becuase they need something to fear

Everyone needs a boogeyman...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I promising you if everyone called their comgressmen and said " my issue this election is vaping, if you wont defend it I will vote for who does even if i have to switch parties "

Watch how fast these bans get dropped
They dont care if it saved your life, but threaten their job and watch how much they suddenly care.

Your killin me nancy

We can always go back to 3 piece ecigs as well - soooo much fun

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, I really don't expect the government to do an outright ban on the sale or use (the closest would be banning the use wherever smoking is banned, and banning the sale to minors, although this has already been self imposed by the industry). However, the more likely scenario is the government wanting their piece of the pie by taxing it.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
0 nic will also be taxed ... if it's used for vaping, it's gonna be taxed.

All they are going to accomplish is put the vape stores out of business. PG, VG & flavorings will still be available. So they will lose the sales tax they are already getting, and the payroll taxes of the employees, and lose the unemployment dollars that will be applied for.... and we will vape.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I promising you if everyone called their comgressmen and said " my issue this election is vaping, if you wont defend it I will vote for who does even if i have to switch parties "

Watch how fast these bans get dropped
They dont care if it saved your life, but threaten their job and watch how much they suddenly care.

Your killin me nancy

We can always go back to 3 piece ecigs as well - soooo much fun

Careful now, my Eroll is actually 4 pieces! But I have a 2 years supply of parts for that too.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Some states don't just want people to smoke they NEED people to smoke. Back when the MSA (Master Settlement Agreement) was reached between tobacco companies and the states, some of the states turned around and took out loans against the payments they would receive from the MSA funds. Some of those contracts require them to use only MSA money to pay them back, and the MSA money is based off the yearly tobacco sales of that state. CA and WA are two of the states (there are others but I can't remember them all), that have the loans on the MSA money and are getting ready to default on them.

Found with a Google search.
"But that’s not all: Nine states — Alaska, California, Iowa, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island and West Virginia — and Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and Guam decided to get as much of those annual payments as fast as they could by mortgaging any future payments as collateral and issuing bonds."
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/07/opinion/how-the-big-tobacco-deal-went-bad.html

Have already seen 75 million dollars worth of FUD from CA and unreasonably heavy handed proposed laws from WA. Wonder what the other seven are up to?

Last edited:

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
I know bans and restrictions have happened elsewhere but in the west we've had bunch after bunch of politicians telling us how we need to take responsibility for our own health and how bad tobacco is and yes I know most of them are as deep as a puddle on principles but many of us do what they said they wanted and they hit with a different hammer. Yes I am also aware of section 20 of the tpd and that many mainland European vapers are going to be badly hit by that junk legislation, I also know the political appetite for it in the UK is not great and realistically I expect a minority of it to be implemented but far from all of it. I just wonder sometimes where these legislator's come from as none are representative of the people they claim to represent.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
0 nic will also be taxed ... if it's used for vaping, it's gonna be taxed.

Not one Dime will go to Taxes from My 0mg mixes - Not one -
I Purchase:
legitimate flavorings
V/G for soap making
P/G for Farm use

Nic might be an issue, ..............but not for several years. :D

* Side note - Got a coupon for a Vuse and used it - Vaping UNFLAVORED would be 100x more enjoyable(yuck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread