Tasty Vapor: Ultimate Vanilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
I've seen posts around the board complaining about the vanilla from some vendors being too weak. if you have that problem, you should try Tasty Vapor's Ultimate Vanilla. I don't think you can get a vanilla stronger than this.

The flavor is what the label claims: straight up vanilla, like you'd use in baking. Heavy, earthy, fulfilling. It smells fantastic in the air, like you've been baking vanilla cookies!

Tasty Vapor has a great sweetener policy: you can get your juices unsweetened if you wish. Mr. Tasty Vapor makes a point about this: some flavors really do need the sweetening to make it taste right. Ultimate Vanilla is one of these. I ordered it unsweetened, and for straight vaping, I find that a bit lacking. The vanilla is there, but is unsatisfying. "Weak" is the wrong word for sure, but it isn't all I want from a vanilla. Sweetening it with EZ Sweet really brings this to life and makes it pop. In a word, fantastic!

Why get it unsweetened, then? mixing! As any baker will tell you, vanilla improves the taste of just about everything. This is true with juices, as well. I've found that if I mix some unsweetened UV into a juice that I don't like, it will usually make it at least vapable, sometimes downright good. It takes less that I expected to do this -- usually making it 25% UV will do the trick.

All in all, this is a delicious and very flexible juice that I think should be in most everyone's collection.

Ratings, using a pg/vg base of 80/20:
Flavor: 9/10
Vapor: 9/10
Throat Hit: 5/10

brekehan

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I ordered 30ml of it and didn't like it a bit. It tastes like a just swigged pure vanilla extract. It is too much flavor for me and lingers in my throat a very long time making me feel nausious. My brother loves it though, so we might trade his root beer for my vanilla. Another option is for me to dilute it or mix it with some other flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread