Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The Tapatalk interface to ecf is apparently broken. Hopefully @classwife can nudge the ecf staff to bring it back up. All other Tapatalk sites are working. (All my time on ecf is from a smartphone - the web interface is not fun for me.)

Last edited by a moderator:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
The Tapatalk interface to ecf is apparently broken. Hopefully @classwife can nudge the ecf dollar to bring it back up. All other Tapatalk sites are working. (All my time on ecf is from a smartphone - the web interface is not fun for me.)

I reported it to the Tech Guys Mark

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks classy!

(I'm a techie, but set in my ways with Tapatalk The only thing it doesn't do for me is embedded images - I can add them, and see which posts have them, but only very rarely do they actually display in Tapatalk. It's something in ecf's rendering as passed to Tapatalk, as I see pictures in other forums on TT. A couple months back they suddenly started displaying again, but then stopped - someone must have fixed that piece of code, then it got broken again.)

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
That's not it, unfortunately.

I removed ecf from my tt list, then tried to add it back. I consistently get an error message, "Network error, please try again later. (get_config)" It sounds like ecf isn't responding to tt.

No problem adding other forums, I'm now connected to e-cigSerbia Forum

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
If it's xenforo 2.x, there's a feb tt update:
  • xenForo 2.x
  • Stable Release
  • 02/05/2020
  • 1.2.8 Change log
The latest xenforo 1.x. Tt plugin is. 3.2.4 from July 2018.

OTOH, the failure appeared to occur this afternoon Eastern time. While checking for latest plugin is good, it sounds like something else maybe occurred to bring down the interface.

Hmm, looking at the xenforo tt plugin change log, 1.2.6 from Aug 2019 reportedly fixed some IMG handling. Any chance someone at ecf had updated the plugin (ecf images started displaying on my tt), then later on someone reverted to an older version of the plugin (image display messed up again)?

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Most embedded jpg and YouTube videos now render fine.

There are some outliers that don't show in tt, such as the picture of the skunk in Shinyitis Support Group post 86139 by Pigs.

The screenshot I'm embedding in this post is a sample of one that still doesn't render when viewed within TT, but the majority are fine. I can see the image in a web browser, but in TT it just shows the gray image-here-but-can't-be-rendered square.

(Is there a setting you can touch for incoming images from TT? Perhaps when I embed an image in a TT post there's some kind of tag that needs to be applied at the ECF end, a conversion from what TT uses when the message goes to you.)

Nice :)

13b7c40f014d82223e27060f041ae795.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread