Tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I realize that this is a topic that gets covered frequently but I get confused by all the different tanks.

I am considering a tank/carto such as

cayenne.jpg

From IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

19mm XL and Standard25mm XL and Standard

Then it turns out it comes in 4 sizes.

So, that means I have to get the right size of cartos, right?

So, I need a tank and tank end caps from IBTanked and cartos that are pre-punched from somewhere else?

Since I have a Provari, the cartos have to be for the 510 threads, Right?

I am trying to make sure I order the right stuff since I don't want to waste my money.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
You are correct I get carts from here https://www.ecigcharleston.com/one-page-checkout.asp they keep a good stock and 199 shipping. I like the standard size but its really just preference. I think standard look better. They are the same diameter as the xl you just have to get the same caps to match your tank diameter. I like 4.5 or 5.0 carts but you have to peel the wrapper. you might also consider a slap yo mamma tank filling tool from bigdaddyvapor

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi Lizzie! I have two tanks from Phiniac ( beautiful and durable) use them with standard 510 cartos ( I punch them myself) but you can get the pre- punched ones. They are working well for me so far.. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to venture into the world of RBAs but for now I'm happy. :) ps the tank tool helps a lot in filling your juice.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
IBTanked also sells cartos - well, they did at Christmas time, anyway. But, truthfully, I did not like the 3.2 ohm cartos I got from them. The flavor seemed muted, a lot. I prefer 1.7 ohm or 2.0 ohm single coil cartos. If you get an XL tank you need XL cartos. Standard length cartos wouldn't be long enough. Though, technically you can use XL cartos in a standard tank, it will just stick up a lot higher through the top of the tank. Your next big dilemma will be to decide whether you need 1, 2, or 3 holes in the cartos. I use 100% VG juices, thinned. So, I have good luck with 2 holes in the cartos. Some thicker juices need 3. High PG juices need 1. Some PG/VG juices need 2.

And yes, you need 510 cartos. Crystal Clear Vaping and Smoktek both have good prices on tank replacement cartos. Tank replacement cartos are the type with a flange on the end so the tank doesn't slip down too far. You can however, use plain cartos (punched) without a flange.

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
IBTanked also sells cartos - well, they did at Christmas time, anyway. But, truthfully, I did not like the 3.2 ohm cartos I got from them. The flavor seemed muted, a lot. I prefer 1.7 ohm or 2.0 ohm single coil cartos. If you get an XL tank you need XL cartos. Standard length cartos wouldn't be long enough. Though, technically you can use XL cartos in a standard tank, it will just stick up a lot higher through the top of the tank. Your next big dilemma will be to decide whether you need 1, 2, or 3 holes in the cartos. I use 100% VG juices, thinned. So, I have good luck with 2 holes in the cartos. Some thicker juices need 3. High PG juices need 1. Some PG/VG juices need 2.

This is confusing. I guess I have higher PG so I would just want a 1 hole or a two hole carto.

What about the 2 coil single coil deal? Does it matter?

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Hi Lizzie! I have two tanks from Phiniac ( beautiful and durable) use them with standard 510 cartos ( I punch them myself) but you can get the pre- punched ones. They are working well for me so far.. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to venture into the world of RBAs but for now I'm happy. :) ps the tank tool helps a lot in filling your juice.

So, where did you buy your Phiniac tank at and what kind of cartos did you buy and did you buy your cartos and your tank at the same company?

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I bought at Phiniac.com and I bought Boge cartos but didn't like them I'm using Smokteck 510 standard 3ohm cartos ( reg size Phiniac) they have a discount on their site for tank tool and carto puncher ( it's really easy and fast with the carto puncher) so it's nice to punch them myself .. One hole for thin juice and two for thicker juice and maybe you might need 3 for 100% vg juice. And make sure you get the silver cartos not the black ones :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Renolizzie, the Phiniac tanks are among the best pyrex tanks that you can currently get, but they are expensive, and you aren't aware if you will even like the cartotank system yet. One could conceivably purchase 3 IBTanks for the price of 1 Phiniac.

I'm not trying to persuade your decision between manufacturers, just looking out for your best interests.

For a first tank, I recommend go cheaper and safer with the IBTanks. You can get a tank setup of a pyrex glass tube and acrylic endcaps for about $17.50, about $25 if you decide to get the stainless steel caps.

As someone pointed out, if you go with the longer XL tank, IBTanked sells Smoktech laser-drilled carto's in the correct length for that length of tank:

3.2 ohm single coil - https://www.ibtanked.com/accessories/cartomizers/smok-3-2-ohm-single-coil-2-hole-xl-detail

2.0 ohm single coil - https://www.ibtanked.com/accessories/cartomizers/smok-2-0-ohm-single-coil-2-hole-xl-detail

The Boge cartos that IBTanked sells for the shorter tank aren't pre-punched. So, if you prefer the shorter tank you can either buy the $3.50 carto punch tool and punch them yourself, or...
purchase some laser-drilled Boges from here:
ElectronicStix.Com · Single Boge 510 Blank Laser Punched Cartomizer For Tank Systems
You can also order XL sized Boge cartos from the same pull down menu if you wish to get your cartos for the longer tank from this website.
_____

Since you have a Provari, I happen to have a picture of identical Provari's sporting both lengths of IBTanks below.

IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked-2.jpg refil drip tip.jpg

The next two pics are of my own 19mm XL tanks on my Provari and BB. If you purchase from IBTanked, I strongly recommend that you also get the tank tool pictured above from the their website . It protects your o-ring when filling your tank.

And don't forget you will need a drip tip for a tank's mouthpiece if you don't have any. Those are also on the website.

If you decide on a Phiniac tank, they also have a tank tool and drip tips on their website.

Good luck, and if you have further questions you know where to go. ;)

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Renolizzie, the Phiniac tanks are among the best pyrex tanks that you can currently get, but they are expensive, and you aren't aware if you will even like the cartotank system yet. One could conceivably purchase 3 IBTanks for the price of 1 Phiniac.

I'm not trying to persuade your decision between manufacturers, just looking out for your best interests.

For a first tank, I recommend go cheaper and safer with the IBTanks. You can get a tank setup of a pyrex glass tube and acrylic endcaps for about $17.50, about $25 if you decide to get the stainless steel caps.

As someone pointed out, if you go with the longer XL tank, IBTanked sells Smoktech laser-drilled carto's in the correct length for that length of tank:

3.2 ohm single coil - https://www.ibtanked.com/accessories/cartomizers/smok-3-2-ohm-single-coil-2-hole-xl-detail

2.0 ohm single coil - https://www.ibtanked.com/accessories/cartomizers/smok-2-0-ohm-single-coil-2-hole-xl-detail

The Boge cartos that IBTanked sells for the shorter tank aren't pre-punched. So, if you prefer the shorter tank you can either buy the $3.50 carto punch tool and punch them yourself, or...
purchase some laser-drilled Boges from here:
ElectronicStix.Com · Single Boge 510 Blank Laser Punched Cartomizer For Tank Systems
You can also order XL sized Boge cartos from the same pull down menu if you wish to get your cartos for the longer tank from this website.
_____

Since you have a Provari, I happen to have a picture of identical Provari's sporting both lengths of IBTanks below.

View attachment 172781 View attachment 172782 View attachment 172783 View attachment 172784

The next two pics are of my own 19mm XL tanks on my Provari and BB. If you purchase from IBTanked, I strongly recommend that you also get the tank tool pictured above from the their website . It protects your o-ring when filling your tank.

And don't forget you will need a drip tip for a tank's mouthpiece if you don't have any. Those are also on the website.

If you decide on a Phiniac tank, they also have a tank tool and drip tips on their website.

Good luck, and if you have further questions you know where to go. ;)

I guess one thing threw me off was when I read on ibtanked that there were four sizes of tanks and that there was 19mm and 25 mm and I thought they were talking about the cartos. Now I am thinking they are talking about the dimensions of the tank itself. with the 19mm and 25 mm but that the cartos are all the same diameter but two defferent lengths. Is that right?

I really appreciate your help, Badditude.

I don't need a Phiniac tank for that money until I decide how tanks work in the first place but it did help me figure out the 19mm and 25mm size problem to go there and look at the Phiniac tanks. They are certainly works of art:)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Now I am thinking they are talking about the dimensions of the tank itself. with the 19mm and 25 mm but that the cartos are all the same diameter but two defferent lengths. Is that right?

I really appreciate your help, Badditude.

I don't need a Phiniac tank for that money until I decide how tanks work in the first place but it did help me figure out the 19mm and 25mm size problem to go there and look at the Phiniac tanks. They are certainly works of art:)

You got it! :thumb: The IBTanks are a wiser choice for a first tank, IMO. If you like your first tank, you can always get a Phiniac next. Tanks can get addicting. I've become a collector of sorts. I have 20. Seven of them IBTanks.

I also have a Phiniac tube that they sandblasted a design for me. I put it on a Hoosier Vapes Elegance tank, as seen below:

Bella_Phin_1.jpg Bella-Phin-Frog.jpg

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
You got it! :thumb: The IBTanks are a wiser choice for a first tank, IMO. If you like your first tank, you can always get a Phiniac next. Tanks can get addicting. I've become a collector of sorts. I have 20. Seven of them IBTanks.

I also have a Phiniac tube that they sandblasted a design for me. I put it on a Hoosier Vapes Elegance tank, as seen below:

View attachment 172799 View attachment 172800

Really gorgeous, Badditude. You are such a patient person and I thank you for your help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread