Tanks questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
So I'm looking to try a tank, any suggestions? Whats the advantages of a tank anyway? What are the drawbacks? Im just looking for something that isnt going to leak or crack Im not so worried about how much it holds. I like the stardusts but I keep reading that the juices Im buying next eat plastic.

Im about a month or so into my vaping but Ive been rocking a couple protanks for a little over a week, best all around setup that Ive tried so far...no leaks, great flavor, had a couple drops on wood floors with no problems and between the two I have and the two on the way, Ill have plenty on hand for a day or three away from my supply cabinet.

SteamDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rebublic of Texas
ce4's are ok, cheap to relace if one does crack.
i burn some pretty harsh juice and haven't cracked one yet.
get rebuildable ones. easy to clean. good backups.
smok tek locking carto tanks are good, easy to clean. fairly cheap. have a pretty clean taste.
just because a tank looks good does not mean it performs good.
kanger pros have an airy draw, but that can be fixed.
buy a couple different one's and play with 'em.
get used to them before you drop big bucks for a high end one.
try to get pyrex if you can. won't crack up.
top the tank and toke on...

TattooedSkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Las Vegas
Carto tanks; I prefer cirrus tanks. Sidenote: If you break your Pyrex tank, its a long process on getting a replacement. The price of a cirrus tank is about $50, so I wouldn't suggest that if you don't prefer carto. I'm not a fan of ce style tanks, but a vivi V2 is only about $15 and they are readily available and can be modified for nearly application.

Sklarzo

Feb 14, 2013
Long Island
I'm using a Triple V Pyrex Premium Tank (thats a mouthful)

This one comes with easy to remove top and bottom caps, so it's easy to disassemble and clean, and the Pyrex means I can run any juice in it without fear of anything breaking.

The advantages of a tank are it transforms your carto into something you can carry around all day and not worry about topping off or refilling. However, the way different tanks work can vary. The AGR is a popular tank that has a locking mechanism so there should be no fear of the tank sliding up/down the carto and leaking (an issue that can be found in tanks that just use O-rings to secure itself around cartomizers). I have an AGR as well, although I've been having some trouble with mine. I believe the O-rings that it uses are a little defective causing the whole assembly to leak. However, most people have no issues with them or easily swap out the stock O-rings with more durable ones to great effect.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
Altair, what type of rig or you using? I hear the Kanger Protank is really hot right now. Probably going to order one myself next week. Might be something to look into.

Yeah I was looking at those too, I just dont know anything about them I was hoping somebody would be ecstatic about something in particular and say what was so fab about it

GraceH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
A, A
I like how much more flavor I get out of a carto. I have tried stardusts and it wasn't much better then what I was getting from my ego-c at the time. When I used my first caro it was a WOW moment for me. The cartos hold about 1ml of juice in them. You can use them with out a tank but it would need to be topped off regularly to keep it from running dry. Adding a tank allows for a all day vape sitch with out need to top off.

Cons:
can be messy to fill, some methods are messier than others.
Can't chain vape, the carto needs a few seconds after each vape to rewick, depending on how large/long you draws are.
Bit of a learning curve when punching: how many holes you need, flooding, and dry hits. But once you get it, it's hits s'all good.

For me it was worth it. I caught on quickly. I tried different cartos to find my fav's. I have some cheaper tanks from starting off and one Pyrex ValleyViewVapes tank (I got a side fill hole, I don't care for it. The screw has come out twice in my pocket dumping my juice. Others complain they lose the screw.) I have a list of tanks I want to get next, pretty end caps, glass designs, even a blown glass one.

I really enjoy my carto tanks but there are many that hate them. Seems they run about 50/50 carto tank vs. ViVi Nova's. Seems if you like stadust those ppl tend to go with Vivi's, but i don't thing they offer a pyrex glass tank. I could be wrong. If you want to try carto's I'd suggest getting a few and try them without a tank and see if you like them. If you have a local vape shop near buy they may let you try one. Shrug.

Moral of the story, you'll never know if you'll like it till you try it.

Happy Vaping!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread