Status
Not open for further replies.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
So I'm new to VV and tanks. I ordered a Provari. My usual PV is an ego-C or a DSE801 for dripping. I don't really have the time to drip all the time and would like to get a tank system for my Provari. However, I would like a tank that does not use a cartomizer because I don't really like how the polyfill in them affects the tasts of the juice. My only experience with cartomizers is Boge 510 LRs and 801s.

Any suggestions on a tank for the provari?

Also, what is a bottom feeder?

What are the pros and cons of the different mesh materials?

Thanks for your responses.

Pilirock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2011
fullerton,ca
I felt the same way until I tried a 3ohm boge in a tank, Closest thing I had to dripping, since your new to VV , you haven't been able to appreciate what the boge carto can do IMO. if you have any of those LR boges laying around still when you get your Provari then pump that thing to 4.2-4.5V and let it rip , you might be surprised, with the Provari at higher voltages I did not enjoy the Ce2 or Ce2 tank as much as I can enjoy a 3.0ohm boge in a tank.

My :2c::2c::2c: , that's 6 cents hahaha.

Blakd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas TX
I have been using a liquinator and a dct on all my ecigs. I have only had a few problems and it has not been with the poly fill but with the holes or the cuts in them. I don't let my tank run out and vape the carto dry either so I don't worry about it. The thing to remember and what I do with both an atty and a carto is to prime them before I use them.

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA, United States
I'm still somewhat new but I really like the mom and pops tank cause its easy to fill. Uses cartos though. I bet palm springs will be busy this weekend due to the tennis tournament. I do reservations for a couple resorts there and they are sold out.

I like the Mom and Pop's tanks, too - but only the 3.0 ohm version. Tonight I set a 2.0 mini sub tank to 3.9volts on my new Provari V2, and it went "crack" and started leaking. I guess those 2.0's might not be able to handle 7.6 watts of power.
Now, that's just one tank, but still, at 12.99 each it could get expensilve!

EDIT: It has been pointed out to me elsewhere that I probably just "popped" the carto, and the coil isn't working anymore. I'm gonna try replacing it, but it's supposed to be a little more difficult with these tanks than most others. But we shall see....

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I have nearly every tank there is and the arryv4 tank is for me best by far.

I do wish some 1 would make a ss tank with some air control so we can adjust the air flow for a tighter draw though.

I just got the stainless-steel J-Tank. It fits so tight against the Provari that it allows you air flow control. If you push it flush with the Provari, it's a very tight draw. Raise it a tiny amount (less than a millimeter) and the draw loosens up. I didn't expect to be able to control the air flow like that, but I'm glad it works that way. :)

I'm not sure if it works like that on the delrin versions, though.

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Sedge, I recommend one that can use single coils. Like Pilirock said, the boges really shine on the provari.

Hey Jonah, I bought a Stainless air flow control tip from clouds of vapor. Works really well at restricting air flow.

Stainless Steel AFC Air Flow Control Drip Tip

I just usually do what Frick said about moving the tank up or down to control air flow. But looking at the actv4 it doesn't look like you have much room to do that.

DRLyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I just got the stainless-steel J-Tank. It fits so tight against the Provari that it allows you air flow control. If you push it flush with the Provari, it's a very tight draw. Raise it a tiny amount (less than a millimeter) and the draw loosens up. I didn't expect to be able to control the air flow like that, but I'm glad it works that way. :)

I'm not sure if it works like that on the delrin versions, though.

Yep, works the same way with the delrin versions. The J-tank is my favorite tank. I have one 3 and two 5.5's now. No leaks, nice and tight fitting, no worries about the caps coming off by accident. That happened with my Liquinator. Not fun.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Yep, works the same way with the delrin versions. The J-tank is my favorite tank. I have one 3 and two 5.5's now. No leaks, nice and tight fitting, no worries about the caps coming off by accident. That happened with my Liquinator. Not fun.

They really are tight. So tight, in fact, that I have to keep my eye on the o-rings if I disassemble the tank -- they can get 'smooshed' out of their slots when re-inserting the caps. A little caution and they're fine. I got the stainless-steel 3ml (I wanted brushed, they shipped polished, but I like it so I kept it), and it's a great tank. Highly recommended, if a bit expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread