Tank Pack is so cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
I'm not affiliated with the company in any way... Just wanted to say that even though it's pricey, it really made the whole eRoll experience so much more enjoyable. joyetech should take note and try to buy this design from the company or something.

Huge improvement over pill boxes or ziplock bags. HUGE.

44648b672a306a9f365b724a038f1a4d.jpg

http://www.tankpack.com/EN/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SURGEON GENERAL

Aug 10, 2010
aq
I have one of those. I liked it for a while. I got the quick release 6 version, but I had only just one problem with it.

Every now and then, I'd have a terrible time trying to get my tank out. It was like opening a pickle jar. It was due to my sweat after work or the suction from the full tank and I couldn't pull it out. It wasn't all the time though.

I definitely liked the product, but then I found myself too lazy in maintaining five tanks and just started to fill my tanks whenever I was dry. It still boggles my mind that this tiny piece of plastic costs around 30 american dollars and I could melt it to death under 30 seconds in a fire.

It is a good product for what it's meant for, but just really high priced.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If they are insisting on 3D printing the things for no other reason than "just because" that's a really dumb marketing decision. Injection mold it and you could spit them out - at retail - for under three dollars, dropping the asking price 90%. Easy. It's a paradox: They must not think there is a market for them - so they don't invest in the initial costs of injection molding. And there is no market for them - because as-is they charge thirty bucks.

Might be a huge improvement over a pill bottle, but is it a $30.00 improvement over a free pill bottle? Pass...

Last edited:

Andy Morris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
West Yorkshire UK
If they are insisting on 3D printing the things for no other reason than "just because" that's a really dumb marketing decision. Injection mold it and you could spit them out - at retail - for under three dollars, dropping the asking price 90%. Easy. It's a paradox: They must not think there is a market for them - so they don't invest in the initial costs of injection molding. And there is no market for them - because as-is they charge thirty bucks.

I think its probably a question of the costs of tooling up for injection molding and then the costs and hassle of contracting someone to make however many thousand is a minimum run.

You've then got to have the faith that you could sell the N-thousand that are in cardboard boxes in your back room and you have to pay for.

That could end up as a fair bit of sunk capital and a bedroom full of unsold stock.

Basically I think they are more 'We've got a 3d printer and we're gonna use it"

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009

Might be a huge improvement over a pill bottle, but is it a $30.00 improvement over a free pill bottle? Pass...

For me it was worth it. Having to go out to work outside all day, and already having to carry quite a bit of gear, anything that makes my life easier and filled with less bags and boxes is much welcomed.

The big complaint is price, which is why I said joyetech should buy this idea from the makers... They'd have the means to manufacture it a whole lot cheaper.

Quick release one is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread