Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Earlier, I posted about Vaporescence no longer carrying the XL cartomizer to fit their 5ml tanks.

KEITH97M3 recommended that I try Kanger horizontal coils, and I've been having good results with those.

I'm punching them with a "self piercing saddle valve" I got from big daddy vapors.

Cartomizer Punching Tool - $9.99 : Big Daddy Vapor

Also, big daddy carries the same XL cartomizers that I can no longer get from Vaporescence. They sell the pre-punched, or let you punch your own.

Between the two, it's a close call, but I think I'll be using more of the Kangers than the others.

Thanks, Keith. I appreciate your advice.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Earlier, I posted about Vaporescence no longer carrying the XL cartomizer to fit their 5ml tanks.

KEITH97M3 recommended that I try Kanger horizontal coils, and I've been having good results with those.

I'm punching them with a "self piercing saddle valve" I got from big daddy vapors.

Also, big daddy carries the same XL cartomizers that I can no longer get from Vaporescence. They sell the pre-punched, or let you punch your own.

Between the two, it's a close call, but I think I'll be using more of the Kangers than the others.

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com

Baldr,

I am very happy to hear that the Kangers are working out for you. Just try remember that the coil is directly on the bottom right in the center of the air tube. A quick couple of "dry hit"(non powered) followed by blowing downward into the drip tip will get the liquid down to where it's really needed and you can even drip directly into the center hole if you ever feel that the wick is getting dry. When you feel that the carto is no longer producing good flavor, try taking one apart to see how it built. Doing that would help you better understand how and why the juice doesn't burn, doing this may also give you a few ideas on where to the best place to punch them would be as well.

ps, I see that myvaporstore has now run out of the XL Kangers in stainless, hopefully they will be restocked soon.:)

Aloha, Keith

FishmanTx

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Beeville, Texas
Guys, you can get this thing at your local hardware store for $6-$7. Wouldn't pay 9 and waste $$ on shipping. It's a standard 1/4" saddle-valve.....

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
ps, I see that myvaporstore has now run out of the XL Kangers in stainless, hopefully they will be restocked soon.:)

I ordered some of the black ones yesterday. The color doesn't really matter to me, so as long as they work, black is fine. If they don't work, I'll use the XL's from BigDaddyVapor.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Guys, you can get this thing at your local hardware store for $6-$7. Wouldn't pay 9 and waste $$ on shipping. It's a standard 1/4" saddle-valve.....

I wanted to get some of the XL cartomizers from them anyway, so the shipping cost is the same either way. I'm only out a few bucks over getting one at the hardware store. The main thing to me was that they are selling this one specifically to punch carto's. If I go to the hardware store, they would have different sizes, maybe different kinds. That's all fine and well if you know what you're looking for. I'd never punched a carto myself until I got the punch from them. I didn't have any idea what a "saddle valve" was, and wouldn't have known what size I needed. So I ordered from them because it was simple and I could expect to get something that would do the job. Which it does.

Now that I know what the thing looks like, and you've told me it's a 1/4" size, if I need another one, I'll probably go to Home Depot or Lowes. But I don't expect to need another one for awhile.

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
AwWOW !!!! This thread is still going ? I've had my same 3 tanks since July 2011, using the same Resurrectors. Just ordered some new ones 2 days ago, down to my last 2. 15 cartos lasted me July2011 thru to Feb. 2012 That's not bad & I'm finally getting a Provari. Doing the happy dance & skippingthru the house like a school girl......

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
Real Talk : This tanks last & hold up extremely well. I was one of the first to buy these from Vaporescence and they are still working quite well for me. I also bought the 15 bundle Resurrectors with them & I just recently ran out. I used my tanks on my Silver Bullet & Riva ecigs & I have been satisfied until now. After nearly 3 yrs vaping I am ready to start with variable voltage mods. Money issues & my funky acting car has kept me limited so I hope to vape on a whole new level once my Provari arrives! My birthday is next month & I am so excited about getting a new PV. Happy to see this thread is still going strong & DCT's are so popular now, for almost any kind of ecig or mod.

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
OK, I have no clue how to post a direct link so I'm just gonna do the website http://Biggestmart.com Type in the search box the type batteries your looking for & go for broke. Lawd knows I did. I normally use AW imr's but I also keep Trustfires & Ultrafires in rotation. This site has crazy low prices & FREE SHIPPING in the U.S. I ordered four Trustfire 18650 3000mah batts for $10.99. They have eight Ultrafire 4000mah batts for $25.50 ! Two Trustfire True 2600mah batts for $6 ! Or four 18650 4000mah batts w/4 battery speed charger for $22 ! Did I mention FREE SHIPPING ?

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
ok I'm officially DONE ! Twenty Batteries..... Twenty Trustfire, 18650, Blue 3000mah batteries. 20 - 100% New, 18650, 3000mah Batteries for...... Hold on, I gotta sit down. Alright, let me catch my breath...... OK... You Ready ? Here we go......
Twenty, 18650, Blue 3000mah, 100% brand new Trustfire batteries for $27.30 ! OK somebody has to have heard of this site before. Is this a scam ? Can this be true ? If not I'm utterly ...... I only bought 4 frikk'in batteries. Twenty batteries is a helloffa rotation. Can you imagine how long that would last a vaping maniac like myself ? Batteries cheaper than the cartos I use? How many charges do these batteries take ? Like 5/6 hundred times ? Each ? Well, smack me on my ... & call me NEW......... Now I'm DONE ! Neither my purse or my wallet can this abuse. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread