Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Bishy's peppermint ice cream looked so good that I had to try it... so I ordered the ingredients... and it's not exactly a match... more of a modification...
It's a creamy mildly sweet cool peppermint with a very nice aftertaste... easy on the lungs... It's truly the first thing I have ever made that I have vaped all night long... so... if you like minty vapes... you might want to give this a try... feel free to suggest modifications...

apologies for the way I'll post this recipe... still learning the software for the calculators etc...

So... start with your base... your nic base...

I started with 9mls of 18mg base in a 60%PG...40%VG base...
and then....

1. 20 drops* of Peppermint from The Perfumer's apprentice
2. 10 drops of French Vanilla from TPA
3. 10 drops of Marshmallow from TPA
4. 10 drops of Koolada from TPA
5. 7 drops of Mint Candy from TPA (tastes like a creamy mint)
6. 5 drops of Smooth from TPA
7. 2 drops Cream De Menthe TPA
*drops... these drops were from a small pipette

After one day of steeping, the liquid turned to a light pinkish color...

Here's the link to Bishy's::: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/259405-bishys-peppermint-ice-cream.html

afterthoughts...
>I think vanilla bean would have worked better than french vanilla
>I think a slight peppery note would make this better
>I wonder how it would taste if it were a tad sweeter

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
and btw... thanks to you too sg... for helping me get my menthol levels right...

My new venture in to diy is supplementing my vaping nicely...

I know I will still be buying my favorite liquids... but I will probably be buying less and less liquids that ultimately end up in the classifieds...

my menthol recipe is working... gotta do something about the aftertaste...it's not smooth at the end... it's on the harsh side... I tried some "smooth" from tpa and some sweetener... but ultimately... I need something a little creamier for the finish...

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
and btw... thanks to you too sg... for helping me get my menthol levels right...

My new venture in to diy is supplementing my vaping nicely...

I know I will still be buying my favorite liquids... but I will probably be buying less and less liquids that ultimately end up in the classifieds...

my menthol recipe is working... gotta do something about the aftertaste...it's not smooth at the end... it's on the harsh side... I tried some "smooth" from tpa and some sweetener... but ultimately... I need something a little creamier for the finish...

If I want to smooth something out I use just a bit of TPA White Chocolate or FA Marshmallow. If you try just a little, it may work for you too. Or maybe a few drops of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream? Not really enough to taste any of them just to give it that smooth finish. Good luck!

ETA- I see that you already use TPA Marshmallow. Maybe you could add just a bit more :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread