Switching from 24mg Nic to 0 nic abruptly as per doc orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesikaBeth

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
So I was an analog smoker of 1.5 to 2 pks a day for the better part of 14 years. I began vaping about 4 ish months ago, and usually vape about 24mgs nic. I have been having gyn problems and my doc is putting me on birth control for this reason, and she told me since nicotine itself is contraindicated with the birth control I have to either stop vaping all together or switch to 0 nic (due to serious side effects if the nicotine is combined with birth control.)

Of course, I'm devastated! I don't want to quit vaping, so 0 nic it is. I have put up all my nic juices on the classies and have ordered some 0 nic juices to get me started. Once I begin the 0 nic, then I will start the birth control.

Question - what should I expect going from vaping 24mg nic to abruptly going to 0 nic. OR should I expect no change?

Kinda not happy about this switch *sigh* :(

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
I am too going to 0mg. I have gone from 26mg to 6-8mg and am going to 0mg. I have done this over 2months. I can say that my primary craving now is for certain flavors and not Nic level. You may have some cravings but try not to even think about the Nic level just enjoy the vape. And big Kudos to you for doing as the Doc has ordered. I was dumb and still am, as I smoked while on BC and vape Nic on hormone replacement but soon I will be a good girl.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Ill admit I have anger issues. I can hide them well with nic. If I ever tried to quit smoking my wife would tell me to get a pack cause I was obnoxious. The same can be said for me and ecig nic. So if your good at being cool in general then it should be okay. On the other hand. If your anything like me, hide the knifes, guns and anything else u can harm people with lol. Good luck with your 0mg. I hope to work down to it some day. Only its been 3 months and I have just been fighting my sub par products so its hard to even think about lowering my 25mg. I need every small puff of vapor I can get at the moment.

JesikaBeth

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
Thanks so much for the reply. Yea I ordered some good juices, so I am going to try and focus on the vape and not the nic. Although it will be different (not having a throat hit really, from what I hear it's the nic that gives the throat hit) but maybe overall this will be better... We'll see... I'd rather vape 0 nic than not vape at all ;)

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Thanks so much for the reply. Yea I ordered some good juices, so I am going to try and focus on the vape and not the nic. Although it will be different (not having a throat hit really, from what I hear it's the nic that gives the throat hit) but maybe overall this will be better... We'll see... I'd rather vape 0 nic than not vape at all ;)
I wonder if you get better flavor and more vape with no nic. Do keep us updated. I think your brave and I wish u the best of luck on your quest also.

Gingerzeronic

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Colorado
I accidently went from 18 nic to 0 nic, forgot to put it in my DIY. Quite frankly, didn't even miss it. But then, I only smoked 2.5 PAD for >52 years. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

LOL! I've found that I just don't need as much nic as I thought I did. I try to think of vaping as a completely different experience but one that substitutes for smoking much better than eating or whining. :D

Gabe1291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.myspace.com
Well once you make the swap, if you find yourself missing the TH, you could try some juices that have a pretty strong TH on their own without the nic. I've got some clove, peppermint, menthol, and cinnamon flavors that will give a good kick to the ol' throat. You could also try HV or LR as well if you haven't already, that will also help kick it up another notch. Good Luck :D.....and I hope my docs don't hear of this, they might expect ME to start listening for once :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread