Switching Friends to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyredcp

Jun 12, 2013
Kennesaw, GA
Just curious about member's success stories in getting friends to switch over.

my ex-wife got me switched, she found out from a coworker.
i switched one friend who embraced it fully.
i switched another friend who still smoke analogs half the time. I told him to switch to clearos rather than cartos, but he doesn't like the size of clearo kits.
Got another friend who I bought an entire clearo starter kit for, but they never use it.

i think the hardest part of getting people to switch is that they need to learn about it and experiment with juices until they find what is right for them. It's so much easier just to go to the store and buy a pack of smokes. But ecigs that are easy to switch to from the convenience stores are mostly junk and don't give a good experience. Also, some people say vape is harsh compared fife to analogs. I had this experience at first, but it just takes smoking it a little differently.

what are your experiences with getting friends to switch? Any successful techniques?

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Welcome to ECF.

You can only show people the possibilities, they have to be ready to make the switch themselves. I saw my first cigalike two years before I started vaping. One day the light went on and I decided to investigate whether or not it would be a good alternative for me.

Preaching or trying to force people to change will usually have the opposite effect - it's just human nature.

kathysmith001

Moved On
Nov 22, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

XTakk

Nov 19, 2013
Chesapeake, Va, USA
I haven't been vaping very long, but what I have noticed is that people are either curious or not. Most people automatically equate e-cigarettes to a cig-a-like and haven't really done any searching to find out about ejuice and such to even know there is an IMO better option for satisfaction and taste.

I'm with fabricator there that preaching isn't the way, consider how quick you were to quit smoking when I'm sure someone has mentioned it to you in the past. I still make it a point to take the walk to the smoke section wherever it's required and vape a bit when the people I'm with are going to smoke, granted most of these people know how I was about cigarettes so I think they are impacted a bit when I tell them I haven't had a cigarette since I started and most of them have been full of questions from there.

I haven't heard anyone's a y they were going to be doing any researching or investing in the idea, but being open to answer questions when they come up will be your best tool here I think.

Buffyisabean

Nov 21, 2012
Wilkeson
I have it really easy. I started vaping while bartending and all the smoking customers and employees were jealous that I didn't have to go outside or try to take a smoke break with a packed, thirsty bar. Most immediately asked where I got everything, others went out on their own. Now we have a lot of healthier, happier townsfolk. So far, nobody has complained about all the vaping.

chrismikehead

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Kansas City, MO
The best technique for me has been to vape around your friends/family that smoke, and provide information when asked. I have not tried to convert anyone, until they started asking me questions. Even then, I keep it low key. I find that showing them I enjoy vaping and don't miss the stinkies will grab their attention, if they are ready to quit smoking.

cassandraschild

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Springfield VA
I got the wife of the couple I live with to switch. She was way more successful than I was. She is the LUCKIEST vaper I have ever met. She started vaping 100% in March and hasnt looked back at an analog ever since. I hooked her up with 2 Ego-C basic packages. And I mean basic! She has yet to have any of her origninal atomizers give out, no battery problems, and no matter how low I go on the flavor mixes for the DIY juices I make for her she can always taste it clearly, even when it tastes like vaping straight PG/VG to me.

I envy her so much :D

Killaq2188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
United States
Since I started vaping I have had the opportunity to show all my friends and family and it has been a major success I helped about 10 people convert to e-cigs in just 4 months. I do find that if you push then people do pull away but if you give them the information and let them explore then you see a better outcome. I have been throwing around the idea of opening my own store in PA we dont have any shops near me. In fact the closest one I believe is 65 miles away. I would primarily be opening this shop to help people quit smoking, and to make it easier for my fellow vaporers that live close be able to sit and enjoy vaping with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread