Sweet baby Jesus! DFW's Specimen:1947

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danssoslow

Verified Member
The Louisville DFW Vapor location has started to carry a signature series of juices which will run for a week and then change to a new flavor. I was able to pick up two bottles of last week's flavor, Specimen:1947.

For fans of Girl Scout Samoa cookies, this is definitely a flavor that we must band together and contact DFW to make sure that it becomes a regularly stocked item. The base roasted coconut flavor mixed with a hint of buttery custard is a definite home run. I don't detect any chocolate, which I don't personally miss; and honestly would rather do without, as I find chocolates hit-or-miss and can be a bit overbearing even when done well.

30ml in three days in my rda; it's the fastest I've ever went through a bottle of juice. I'm hitting this thing like Pookie on the pipe!!! "It be calling me, man! It be calling me!"

Danssoslow

Verified Member
I would describe it as a full flavor, not strong or pungent, with a very light aftertaste, if any aftertaste at all.
It's also what I'd describe as a wet hit. Very few juices that I have tried and continued using dried my mouth out. Most I'd say have been neutral; but very few (DFW's Swedish Fish and MBVapor's Green Apple come to mind) actually make me salivate a little. This would be one of those juices. There may be other factors at play here, though; as I am new to dripping.

As a common comparative (is that a word?) for me and my style of vaping, I feel I must mention that I have not been vaping this juice the same as have vaped everything else in the past. There are a few "firsts" for me here; the juice, the mechanical mod I'm using it in, and using a dripper. I'm typically French enhaling via a dct or Kayfun built at 2ohm on my ProVari. The mech has such a foreign, hotter hit, that I have been strictly doing mouth-to-lung hits with it. This lack of "recycling" (I can make this stuff up all night long :D) via the French inhale may be contributing to that lack of aftertaste.
Honestly, the aftertaste comments could be left out completely, as the taste is nice enough that I wouldn't mind if it did linger around for an extra moment or two. Maybe I would have a bit more left than I do now. :p

I'll add one more thing. I'm still pretty green when it comes to building coils and wicks. Because of this, I can't turn my ProVari up past 5v with my 2.5ohm Kayfun without every juice tasting burnt. Therefore, everything I've been using in the Kayfun has been on the cool side (maybe over wicking? I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong here). I did not enjoy the Specimen:1947 near as much in the Kayfun. This juice is what actually prompted me to finally buy a mech and rebuild able dripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread