Status
Not open for further replies.

myxomatosis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
KC
www.facebook.com
The sticky Positive/Negative Feedback thread just isn't cutting it IMHO.. I think it would be better to post the transaction rating directly on the persons profile. I read somewhere that there is something being developed that eventually will be integrated into the profile in the future, but for now, I think it would be good to have a transaction comment area, kind of like posting in the vistor message area of someone's profile. That way you can just click the profile of the seller, see their feedback from previous trades, and determine whether you want to do business with them that way. Right away. Without having to dig through the convoluted feedback threads. I've seen multiple people dealing with shady individuals over and over just because the positive/negative information isn't readily accessible and they don't know any better.

If creating another "visitor message - like" area in someone's profile is too much of a hassle, I think a temporary solution would be to just use the Vistor Message area and flag the post as Feedback.

Just a suggestion.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Using visitor messages is problematic in a couple ways. Some users do not allow visitor messages and we also have the issue that if someone posted a negative feedback on your profile you can simply delete it. Until we get a plugin implemented the feedback threads ( while admittedly flawed ) are the solution we are stuck with.

If a better solution presents itself in the interim the mods would certainly give it serious look. We are always looking for ways to improve ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread