SvoëMesto Kayfun Lite negative screw slipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawr

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
They replaced the base. Turns out it IS a clone. The first girl I talked to just didn't know what she was talking about. Pretty well done clone though. Even had their logo and everything. No wonder it was $35 haha

So the threads were stripped. That makes sense now. Thats nice and fair that they replaced bad part for new one! Authentic kayfun for 35$ is a dream :) Check FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics for quality (1:1) and really cheap clones in the future ;)

Jbryant705

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Florida
So the threads were stripped. That makes sense now. Thats nice and fair that they replaced bad part for new one! Authentic kayfun for 35$ is a dream :) Check FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics for quality (1:1) and really cheap clones in the future ;)

I was thinking about fasttech. Just didn't want to wait 2 weeks for shipping from China haha

Jbryant705

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Florida
How many wraps around a 5/16th drill bit of 28g kanthol should give me about 1.8 ohms? This one actually lowered to 1.3 after vaping a bit (not sure why). Flavor isn't quite as good as as it was on a higher ohm. I think I did like 7 or 8 this time which is strange to me because Rip did like 10-12 wraps and got 1.3.

rawr

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
How many wraps around a 5/16th drill bit of 28g kanthol should give me about 1.8 ohms? This one actually lowered to 1.3 after vaping a bit (not sure why). Flavor isn't quite as good as as it was on a higher ohm. I think I did like 7 or 8 this time which is strange to me because Rip did like 10-12 wraps and got 1.3.

For kayfun i have always used 3mm drill bit! 5/16 inch is 2mm which is too small diameter imo. You should use at least 2.4mm or 3mm. Similar size coil leads like yours, 6 wraps 28awg on 3mm bit gives around 1.75ohm! So i am doing 5 wraps = 1.55 ohm to accommodate kick module for maximum power :)

Jbryant705

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Florida
For kayfun i have always used 3mm drill bit! 5/16 inch is 2mm which is too small diameter imo. You should use at least 2.4mm or 3mm. Similar size coil leads like yours, 6 wraps 28awg on 3mm bit gives around 1.75ohm! So i am doing 5 wraps = 1.55 ohm to accommodate kick module for maximum power :)

Hmm. Well I bought a 5/16 drill bit because Rip was using that. I guess I'll try a 3mm. Anyways, I used 10 wraps this time and it was reading 1.8. Then once I juiced it and vaped it a bit it was reading 2.1. But after sitting for the last 15 minutes now it's reading 2.4. I really don't get why this is happening. I know the leads aren't loose. And I just noticed it was leaking out of the air flow hole. Man this is annoying.

rawr

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Bad. Properly working kayfun doesnt leak. I am using siringe to fill it through valve. Ohms should not jumping up and falling down. Something isnt right! But if it works on mvp2, then there is no short so there must be something else. Mpv/svd are reading resistance just fine in my experiences. When you visit the store again, let them check your kayfun. I am clueless at the moment :oops:

index.jpg

Mvp probably isnt a clone. Take a picture with lcd on , reading ohms for example.

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va

5/16th????? Has to be a typo. That's over a 1/4 inch.

Jbryant705

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Florida
Bad. Properly working kayfun doesnt leak. I am using siringe to fill it through valve. Ohms should not jumping up and falling down. Something isnt right! But if it works on mvp2, then there is no short so there must be something else. Mpv/svd are reading resistance just fine in my experiences. When you visit the store again, let them check your kayfun. I am clueless at the moment :oops:

index.jpg

Mvp probably isnt a clone. Take a picture with lcd on , reading ohms for example.

Where'd you get your syringe? I can't seem to find one anywhere local. I guess I could order online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread