Summer coming - PLEASE HELP - sand storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Haha, no you keep dismissing everyone's suggestions as crap. If you don't like the advice a more polite response or no response would make more sense and probably be appreciated and better received.

///Cheers

100% I`ll be silent for a while as it looks like no matter how I react you get offended....even I`ll not finish what I have to say now..

peace x2

Glock

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
100% I`ll be silent for a while as it looks like no matter how I react you get offended....even I`ll not finish what I have to say now..

peace x2

I don't see where I came off as offended about anything, but whatever.

I even provided more input on the topic which you left out when quoting me.

///Cheers

Last edited:

abudman

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Omaha, NE USA
There is no way ever to completely seal your PV and still be able to draw through it so if that's the worry ( that sand will get in there through the holes that allow you to inhale ) and I'm understanding this to be the problem more than the liquid going bad in the heat then you have a couple of choices.

Don't vape cause you can't close all the holes
Smoke analogs cause you can't vape
Vape and deal with it
don't do either and smoke like a fiend at the end of the day.

It just seems like your setting up your own Kobayashi Maru.

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Disposable PV's during the stay at the beach, weapon of choice at the pub/grill at night.

I have to admit your advice is #1 up to now in this thread. Makes big sense with the "stay OFF analogs idea"....Although a newbie like me knows almost nothing about Disposable PV's... gotta go read some info.

Cheers

There is no way ever to completely seal your PV and still be able to draw through it so if that's the worry ( that sand will get in there through the holes that allow you to inhale ) and I'm understanding this to be the problem more than the liquid going bad in the heat then you have a couple of choices.

Don't vape cause you can't close all the holes
Smoke analogs cause you can't vape
Vape and deal with it
don't do either and smoke like a fiend at the end of the day.

It just seems like your setting up your own Kobayashi Maru.

That was exactly my point when I started this thread...

P.s. Okay, I was only able to find some videos and info for a thingy called Ruyan Disposable E-cigar, which would be okay if it`s at a fair price, but probably I`ll have to start a new Thread in the General Discussion forum to seek for "the" product....

Last edited:

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
Okay. Take along an empty papertowel cardboard roll. Cut two little notches at the top on opposite sides.

When you get to the beach, stick about a third of it in the sand (in some umbrella shade if you got it) so it sticks up like a little chimney. Pour some ice down the tube until apx. 2 inches from the top. When you vape, set your unit in the notches at the top like a holder. The evaporating ice will cool the unit. If you don't knock it down, or kick it over, or sit on it, it should last a couple hours. Just keep an eye on it so nobody rips you off while you're tanning.

Problem solved.

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
KreeL thank you for your advice. It makes sense but I really liked the Chempro idea of getting a couple of disposable e-cigs for the daytime while at the beach.

I have to admit it sounds a good deal to buy some of those for this vacation. That way I will not risk my primary devices.

I`m searching the forum for reviews but it looks like they are not very popular... or just anticipated as junky...

The best reviews that I was able to finid are for the Ruyan Disposable e-cigar which is sold at a very reasonable price at Heavn Gifts actually but I hope I`ll be able to find disposable e-cigs on a good deal...I need them to last me for a week or something like that..

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Аs an add-on to this thread I want to make clear why I started it...

I started it because I DO NOT want to go back to analogs even for a week.

Basically a pack of cigarettes here is very cheap ...about 2$ so I did not start vaping to save money....I wanted to quit smoking....

so the best option for my vacation would be to get those Disposable e-cigs.... and I need to use them for maybe 8-10 hours - in the daytime while at the beach. That way my primary PVs will be safe and I`ll be using them carefully(protecting them from the sands) in the evenings...

But I also am not rich so I need to make some kind of calculation:

1) If I buy 2-3 packs of analogs for that vacation it will only cost me 6$ - but I`ll be smoking :mad:

2) If I buy 2-3 disposable PVs - that will cost me about 60$ - it`s not that I cannot afford it but it seems a kind of expensive to me...

Its a big dilema :oops: and you know why:

Because when I go to a vacation (I suppose it`s the same with everyone) I dont say NO..... I go there to take a break, spend some cash and have some fun... I wanna say NO only to the Analogs....

Glock

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
How about wrapping part of a paper towel around it and taping it on? Just leave the tip of the mouthpiece exposed so you can hit it. Seems like it would work.

Yip, that would work perfect (I was just thinking the same thing earlier today). I was playing with a microfiber sunglass sleeve that would work perfect. I am having my wife stitch me up a kind of microfiber condom out of it (in my case just to carry kind of like widows beads, but out of microfiber and a little more snug of a fit). I wrapped the microfiber around it double thick and can vape no problem (it will let air through, but not sand). I thought of this thread.

Paper towel / napkin and a little scotch tape would work just fine...

Something along those lines would be your simplest solution.

On top of this devote 1 battery and 1 atty and you are talking about a $15.00 disposable...

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
i personally live on the beach

Ahhh...beautiful Monterey...I'm so jealous...spent 20 short months there and would love to live there. :hubba: ....now if only the water would get a little warmer. :shock:

Just recently did a "camping trip" in the Outer Banks (water's much warmer over here ;)). Was trying to be extremely careful with my PV and was dripping onto the atomizer. Too bad near the end of the trip I decided to come down with a case of butter-fingers and drop my PV onto the sand (w/ the cartridge off, as I was preparing to redrip). 8-o

Lessons learned, be extremely careful and judicious with your PV in a sandy environment. Keep it covered whenever not being used. Make sure your hands are free of sand whenever touching it. Use pre-filled carts vice dripping. Take along spare atomizers and cartridges. And whatever you do, don't drop an open atomizer onto the sand!! 8-o:D But then again...these are all pretty common sense precautions, right? ;)

I will add that I chose to take a small squeeze bottle of liquid with me versus an entire 30ml bottle so I could easily squeeze drops directly out of the bottle...and if I happen to lose or ruin the liquid, I would not be out of as much liquid as an entire bottle. (Had plenty of beer coolers to throw it into, but I was just too lazy and unconcerned)

As for the lesser vapor in the hot sun....it wasn't as noticeable to me...but then again, I wasn't really paying attention....or my addition of glycerin to my liquids helped combat that issue (as well as the countless beers imbibed :rolleyes:). But this make me wonder if heat does have an effect? After all, the vapor is a heated liquid so it stands to reason that vapor will be more visible in colder weather (like being able to see one's breath on a really cold day). Hmmmm....

p.s. Have a good vacation viachy and good luck in the sand!

Last edited:

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
This whole thread is really confusing to me. Will you really get sand in the tiny little holes if you're responsible and make sure you don't have sand on your hands?

Would you eat a sandwich after building a sand castle without cleaning the sand off your hands? No? Then why would you vape?

I'm not flaming, I'm genuinely curious.

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hey guys, I just came back from the beach several days ago and everything went so well - the waterproof pocket did the job :thumbs: no victims, not a single analog drag...hopefully for the lifetime Lol

The only bad thing about it is that it`s over and I`m back to the office (sad:()..but hopefully I`ll get another short one in september :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread