Suggestions after using Vuse Vibe Mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarMomEMT

Apr 24, 2018
Hello. After smoking for decades I switched to vaping and while I’ve tried many different e-cigarettes and vape juices it was the Vuse vibe mint that I fell in love with. The price has jumped and I’m insanely tight on money thanks to not being able to work since 9/11 and only NOW filing for benefits since I hadn’t needed it before but now getting divorced - I need to keep things very cheap. Today I discovered that the vibe has like 3x more nicotine then standard and I don’t like knowing I won’t be able step down as I had planned when my divorce was complete, so I’m looking for something more affordable with a similar taste to the Vuse vibe mint (the menthol flavor was nasty) I’ve tried a few mint and menthol vape juices but none of them were anywhere near as yummy. I have no qualms filling my own tank although I loved the convenience of the pre-filled tanks. I went through 1 cartraige a day. I’m in NYC metro area though I mostly shop online. I read some posts and saw that there was a lot of terminology I don’t recognize so be gentle with me please.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I might be able to help you a little concerning the terminology and "slang" terms. I've written several blog articles to help new vapors get started.

I'm not clear whether you are simply looking for a flavor that is similar to the Vuse Vibe mint, or if you're looking for an entirely new vape setup. The first blog above can help you choose a new setup.

If searching for a replacement for the Vuse mint flavor, I'm afraid I can't personally help you. Probably the best solution for you would be for you to visit a vape shop in your area that offers sample tasting of their e-liquid flavors. I know there are many vape shops in the NYC area. The Best 10 Vape Shops in New York, NY Call ahead before visiting to see what their juice sampling policy is. If you find a "winner" mint flavor there, you can probably order that flavor online in the future (Google search is your friend).

Best of luck to you! :thumbs:

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have no qualms filling my own tank
Welcome and glad you joined.
Here's what I think you may want to have:
Simple internal battery mod like the Eleaf Istick 40TCW.
MTL tank with non sub ohm coils like the Tron-S, with the CLR coils,the EHpro Kayfun Lite V2, Kayfun V5, or the Kanger Subtank Mini with the RBA/purch option.
YFTK Kayfun/SXK KF Prime Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer are also said to be a good choice.
Concerning the e liquid, suggest you visit some B&M vape shops and find one with affordable juice you like. Eventually after 3-6 months you should be ready to start to make your own (DIY).
Below you will find basic information which every vaper should know.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Hello. After smoking for decades I switched to vaping and while I’ve tried many different e-cigarettes and vape juices it was the Vuse vibe mint that I fell in love with. The price has jumped and I’m insanely tight on money thanks to not being able to work since 9/11 and only NOW filing for benefits since I hadn’t needed it before but now getting divorced - I need to keep things very cheap. Today I discovered that the vibe has like 3x more nicotine then standard and I don’t like knowing I won’t be able step down as I had planned when my divorce was complete, so I’m looking for something more affordable with a similar taste to the Vuse vibe mint (the menthol flavor was nasty) I’ve tried a few mint and menthol vape juices but none of them were anywhere near as yummy. I have no qualms filling my own tank although I loved the convenience of the pre-filled tanks. I went through 1 cartraige a day. I’m in NYC metro area though I mostly shop online. I read some posts and saw that there was a lot of terminology I don’t recognize so be gentle with me please.
Hey Hey ---former New Yorker here --- sorry you were affected by 9/11. I had a friend (fireman) who recently passed and it was attributed to his work on 9/11.

I see you are getting some great suggestions on equipment and terminology. I started with VUSE years ago before the Vibe. First off, the Vibe power units have been recalled --nationwide recall. See this link
Urgent: Voluntary Product Recall of Vuse Vibe Power Units

Vuse is high nic but it did help me --it was the first thing I used years back. I also smoked for decades and very gradually reduced nic over the years and am now down to 3 (from like 45) which I think is great.

it seems to me that you need to find a liquid that you like. I am not into mint so I am of no help there on a specific flavor but I have some thoughts in general that may help.

The first thing is you need to get an economical setup. Since you are not adverse to filling a tank , I would suggest getting a mod that has a removable battery. it is much more economical because the unit can last you a long time and you just have to change out the batteries. If you buy the ones with the battery built in - once that battery dies you have to buy another unit. I would rather just buy batteries.

I use a Kanger Toptank Mini. It is a basic simple set-up. The bottom part (the box or K-Box as they call it) holds a battery (a 18650). The Kbox lets you adjust the wattage up or down to find a setting that works for you and - as you advance you can even experiment with temperature control mode. So I have like 4 batteries and if a battery dies I just change it out. The top part is the tank - a toptank mini. The tank screws into the box. I like it because I can fill it from the top without removing the tank. I just unscrew the top portion of the tank and add liquid.

The tank takes a coil and coils need to be changed out regularly. They burn out, wear out and get full of gunk. The run about $12 or so for 5 coils. It depends on the type of juice you use how long a coil will last. The really great thing about the toptank mini is it also comes with an RBA piece. RBA is rebuildable atomizer. So, after you get a good feel for it, you can make your own which is SUPER inexpensive and then you do not have to buy the coils. You just buy cotton and wire and watch a few youtube videos to learn and ask questions here. You do not have to do that in the beginning (unless you want to) you can just buy the disposable coils.

Once you have a setup, you are just going to have to experiment with flavors until you find something you like. There are threads on this forum here where ppl discuss the eliquids. I would suggest buying in smallish quantities until you find something you like. Once you find something you like you can buy larger bottles which keeps costs down or you can even venture into making your own eliquid which is also very economical.

I am not super adventurous with my vaping --it got me off of regular cigarettes and I totally enjoy it and I save a lot of money vaping. I stick to a certain few flavors. After the initial purchase of your setup, the costs are much MUCH less than analogs.

Welcome and good luck

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, if you are looking to save money, I can imagine the idea of money being tight. Unfortunately some of the best ways to save involve some initial outlay, like getting a less expensive set up that is similar to pods ,but less expensive than buying and refilling pods (tank setups and coils do tend to be less expensive.

I would heartily second the suggestion to do some flavor tasting at a good brick and mortar. I wouldn't limit it to "mint" only either, as sometimes you simply can't find a 1:1 juice to compare to some of the prefilled pods, unfortunately. You may find a mint that is close but probably not 1:1, but trying a lot of different juices in a lot of profiles may give you some more options as far as different juice profiles. It's a great way to find some juices you like, and you can experiment from there. . Often, online vendors may be one's "cheapest" option (unless you want to get into making your own) and they too will offer sample packs for low prices if there are particular flavors you want to try.

I'd branch out, not try to zero in to "the best Vuse mint clone" because it won't ever be a 1:1 convergence. What they put in those pods are proprietary, and what you "love" most could be some sort of additive and who knows what.

A vape where you can vary the wattage and coil type that is also more ROBUST in terms of amount of vapor delivered may help if you are worried as far as "stepping down" from nicotine. A good starter kit that may not break the bank would be a Nautilus 2 tank with an aspire zelos battery (you can get them as a kit). Or perhaps a .pico setup, but the newer ones have a cloudier tank attached, so I'd probably recommend the zelos kit as a way to (more inexpensively) replace your vape for something easier to use, run, and have more control over many variables. Pod mods can give great flavor, but so can tanks. A non-cigalike setup is going to have the option of more wattage, and adjustable wattage and airflow and etc., and those can be very helpful. They also (while still being a cigalike type inhale) may offer you a bit more "oomph" per puff which may help you if you are wanting/needing to decrease nicotine level.

Best of luck and hang in there, sorry to hear about your circumstances, and I hope you are able to continue vaping happily.

Anna

Reactions: chellie

Tandon

Jun 13, 2018
Aww, I feel your pain! Hopefully I can help. I'll try to go easy on the lingo. I LOVE the vuse mint flavor and I was in the same place as you not long ago. Good news though! This inconvenience will become a blessing in disguise (at least it was for me). You'll find a MUCH less expensive, more convinient option.

POSSIBLE FLAVOR OPTION
I've heard Whitewalker by Seduce Juice could be pretty close to vuse mint. I haven't tried it yet but it'll be the next one I order. People describe it as a smooth white tictac, which is kind of what vuse mint tastes like to me. It has that cool flavor with a slight sweetness on exhale, like a peppermint lifesaver and a white tictac had a baby.

NICOTINE STRENGTH & AIR FLOW
I've read a lot of conflicting info on vuse. To me it feels compareable to like 15mg - 18mg nicotine content when using a device with a 2.0ohm - 2.4ohm coil in the tank (the ohm level of the coil affects how much vapor you get, which changes how much nicotine you feel in each puff. Lower ohm level = more vapor & therefore more nicotine per puff). The draw on a 2.4ohm tank will feel kinda like sucking air through a ROUND coffee stirrer straw (not the flat ones that are crimped in the middle), the draw on a 1.35ohm tank will feel kinda like sucking air through a normal bendy drinking straw.

SIMPLE, EASY VAPE PEN FOR $1.99
If you're looking for a device, I just got a Mimic go vape kit for $1.99, free shipping too. (I attached pics so you see what all this stuff looks like). It's exactly like the vuse vibe that got recalled (just as easy to use as the ciro or solo), except the battery lasts longer. The kit comes with 1 pre-filled tank (the clear tank in the pics) that's bigger and better than the vibe tanks. I chose the vanilla bean flavor, 15mg, it's a very nice.

REFILLABLE TANKS
You can buy 2 different styles of refillable tanks for the Mimic Go from the Mimic website (for like $1.87 or $2.99 each). I got a few top-fill tanks with mine (in the pic, the ones with the black tips). They work great. I also ordered a bottom-fill one today (not in the pic) (because the bottom fill one might have a little better airflow). Both styles of refillable tanks are 2.4ohm (I asked their customer support today). The pre-filled tank is 1.35ohm, so it'll feel easier to suck air through the pre-filled tank than the refillable ones.

FINAL THOUGHTS
It's crazy to me that these things are so cheap.
They're $11.99 but there's a $10 off coupon code on the website for your first purchase and if you sign up for their email you get another $10 off code (but you can only use one code per order). I'm in Michigan, I ordered this last Friday at 9:58am, it was in my mailbox the next day before 3pm. I did a super lame, short review on youtube (mostly because I wanted to tell someone... but no one was around at that moment). If you want to see the vid just search for mimic go kit review on youtube and it should show up... it's probably not worth watching though.

If you want to get this kit just google "mimic go kit vape pen" then you should see the website, then in the menu (upper left corner) click on "tanks" then click on "go kits & batteries" and then you'll see kit with different flavor options. The refillable tanks are also in the "tanks" section under the heading "go tanks." The discount code is the "coupons" section. At the moment the $10 off code is WELCOME but it changes sometimes.

I HOPE THIS HELPS! If you have any questions just let me know!

P.S. for sure get the mimic go kit... but if you're dying for real vuse mint, they're having a promo right now (today is 6-13-2018) for a Ciro kit and 3 tanks for $2.99. Just go to the vuse website, get the ciro kit and enter CRKT478 at checkout. I also got one of these just because it was $3. Also, if you get the mimic go pen and you have empty vuse vibe tanks save them. They fit on the Mimic battery. They are really easy to refill (just search it on youtube), and since coils wear out over time (kinda like the filament in a lightbulb, except in like 2-3 week depending on usage) you'll be able to save money because you I won't have to buy new tanks quite as often.

Attachments

• 20180613_012941.jpg
    20180613_012941.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20180613_024114.jpg
    20180613_024114.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 20180613_022736.jpg
    20180613_022736.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001

Tandon

Jun 13, 2018
So, I'm not sure if this will interest you but I thought I'd throw it out there... I opened a new flavor today called "ice cold" by vape wild. It's only the 3mg because I was going to mix it with some other stuff, but I tried it first just by itself and it's actually not that far off the mint vuse flavor. It's less sweet and there's one other little weird flavor that's missing that I can't put my finger on. It really reminds me of Dentyne Ice gum. The flavor that comes in the black package, Arctic Chill. The mint of the vape juice is slightly smoother than gum though. It's a very nice flavor juice, to me there's absolutely nothing offensive about it at all, no little weird tastes or anything. It's not harsh like some of the other ice flavors... the only thing I didn't like about it is the label on the bottle has a ultra weird texture that gives me the effing willies... hence the clear packing tape.

Attachments

• 20180614_033933.jpg
    20180614_033933.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Curious.

It's one of the worst problems for e-cig newbies. You start vaping on something, it works, you don't care about the price then... wham! you realize you have been taken for a ride by some greedy tobacco company who aren't interested in vaping and vapers, only their obscene profit margins and intense BS about how wonderful (not) their very-cheap-to-manufacture products are.

It's a crazy jungle of lies and self-denial. People that work in these marketing departments actually believe this hot air so they can sleep at night.

Luckily, unless I am wrong, mixing liquid in the US is still legal and you can make your own liquid at any strength you desire. (Unlike in Europe where the tobacco companies colluded with law-makers to ruin vaping outside of the tobacco brotherhood).

So, the cheapest answer is to make you own juice and vape on a refillable system.

Next cheapest is to find something less absurdly overpriced on the refills (pods) or go for a 'standard' e-cig (not a pod, and not cartomizers).

Sadly, all this is not helping you if you really like the flavor of one liquid. I was there.... 5 years ago. I convinced myself I HAD to vape on a $5,000 a year non-refillable e-cig system to get the same flavor. In the end, I realized variety is good and don't get stuck on one flavor for too long.... a bit like when I was a smoker, coincidentally.

Good luck. :) Research and take the plunge to escape those pesky tobacco companies.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread