Subtank mini wicking problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
I have a ST mini, was looking forward to using the rba, and it wouldn't fire. went back to the vape shop I bought it, they tried a different rba and still wouldn't fire. I ended up getting a lemo 2 and haven't looked back

I been wanting to pull the trigger on the lemo 2 how is the top fill working out does it click when you open like a st airflow ring or is it just a smooth slide. I fear it would open in my pocket and leak. I heard alot of mixed review's on it but at around $30 wouldnt really break the bank if i didnt like it.

themightyturtle

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2015
Bryson City, NC
On the Subtank Mini, the juice channels are really too small. This leaves you with 2 options: 1) Go ahead and drill those suckers out, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone but a machinist.
2) Use less wick making sure that the wick is not long enough to cover and/or clog the juice channels. I recommend Rip Trippers Pancake Wicking method. And go with a thinner juice meaning lower volume of VG and a higher volume of PG.

This is what has worked for me on my STM! I'll let you know if I ever drill it out.

voodoochicken

Jan 25, 2015
I have a 3 subtank mini's and a subtank plus in rotation as well as 3 extra RBA from Sweet-vapes and I've never had a problem with any of them .
I just finished fixing a friends Mini that was leaking all over the place and found out he was tightening the tank down way to hard.
Every piece on the tank including the coil needs to be just under finger tight because the O-rings are very soft.
There are only really three places the tank can leak .The bottom 2 O-rings on the tank and the O-ring on the coil or the RBA.
I'm currently looking at 2 extra sets of O-rings for the mini and the bottom one for the base is the same on both sides. It's possible it can become rounded on one side from tightening the tank down too far.
As for wicking.
RIPS pancake method tends too flood.
This is the best method for wicking the RBA that works all the time, everytime .Make sure your cotton is snug in the coil.
About half way through he starts the build.

Hope it helps.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
Thats my goto wicking the .... kickers hair styling it does work really well compared to that pancake but bottom line is what ever works for you. I cut my channels only after l was ready to back shelf the tank. I had no problem with the thinner juices but i got some syrupy types that would not flow at all. My adv is super thick so i made it work for me in the end. But absolutely exhaust all other options before you cut the deck its irreversible . I do have a rediculous amount of tools at my disposal i hand filed it for precision. Dont just get out a dremmel and start grinding away if you cut to much it will flood like the Mississippi. If anyone needs a picture of how much to cut i could post some. But dont make this your first option could just need a wicking style change.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
i run max vg in mine have even run 100 vg in it with no wicking, leaking or flooding issues in mine. I do have to mention the rba is modded. I dremmeled the juice chanels then i cut square slots on the barrel right about even or slightly above the juice platform. i also lengthened the air holes in the bottom of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread